Sansa/Sandor?

Dany Can Do No Wrong

Honestly I thought Outlander (the book) was overrated. And Claire was a Mary Sue. Still, it was entertaining and I want to see the show.

Are you suggesting I skip straight to the juicy bits in the books followed closely by ogling the TV show? Well if I must. 

Gosh literary analysis is tough. 

Well he can throw me over his shoulder any day!

Hence forth his arse shall be my new screen saver  :smug:

I saw the scene the other day...

"What is even your Clan motto?"

What we/she heard: I'm ready to take all of your clothes and have sex with you in  every imaginable position known to man.

What he said: "Je suis prest".

The thing with sandor is this little... erm... dunno what to describe it... ¿urge? for a very basic primal sexual encounter.

That's the whole outlining in Outlander.

There is THIS guy

and then there is THIS one.

Guess which one Claire (the protagonist) chose? All they do is having sex in barns and on the ground and everything.

I only saw the show.

Her English husband looks exactly like the Outlander's Ramsay who set his targets on both her and Scottish one. She did try to return to her English husband before being rescued by her other husband. Then they made up, had sex and she loved the Scottish one.

Her Scottish husband is a mostly good guy and not that similar to Sandor. Despite being a tortured soul he is pretty good guy. Kind of Gary Stuish. Both her husbands seem decent dudes.

We need to open a thread for discussing just these things.

U_U

(i'm working, can't ogle Jamie's ass :( I hate life... )

This is clearly a violation of your human rights as I'm absolutely certain the Universal Declaration of Human Rights clearly states that everyone has the right to oggle hot totty at work. Best get on to Amnesty International pronto. 

Uh crud, better try and steer this beast back on topic...dirty, strong men = very sexy. Sandor = dirty, strong man. Therefore Sandor =  very sexy.

Back on topic done. Phew!

I saw the scene the other day...

"What is even your Clan motto?"
What we/she heard: I'm ready to take all of your clothes and have sex with you in  every imaginable position known to man.
What he said: "Je suis prest".

They should just subtitle all the scenes with the subtext.

A bunch of similar lines to SanSan, too. He tells her he wants to keep her safe, and she says you won't hurt me, and more.

They should just subtitle all the scenes with the subtext.

http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/rachaelwrites/media/_subtext.gif.html

Outlander is not perfect, but it definitely explores female sexuality in a more focused way than Martin. Martin is more of an "in your face". Outlander takes a little bit more with it because the author has only one heroine.

Claire and Jamie are too much "Sues"? :dunno: Of course they are. It's after all, romantic literature :lol: No one wants to read about two ordinary normal people having normal ordinary sex.

Look, I do have a lot of ASOIAF articles hanging somewhere in my pc. Damn my health and damn my time now. Also, with the board about to be updated, I rather wait (although, I think new board will kill JonCon there <--). So, let's say if I eventually get to end and put together a topic about the eroticism in ASOIAF. There is a lot of it to be explored.

The thing with sandor is this little... erm... dunno what to describe it... ¿urge? for a very basic primal sexual encounter.

That's the whole outlining in Outlander.

There is THIS guy

and then there is THIS one.

Guess which one Claire (the protagonist) chose? All they do is having sex in barns and on the ground and everything.

Ahhh, I'm off work and not blocked from the goods! Um....yeah I totally need to watch Outlander now....

Aaand back on topic, guilty confession: My boyfriend has a giant wall projector instead of a TV and I'm so going to watch the Blackwater episode on it tonight. Hound on the big screen! Hell yeah!

Honestly I thought Outlander (the book) was overrated. And Claire was a Mary Sue. Still, it was entertaining and I want to see the show.

I managed to get through most of the first Outlander novel, then stopped, as pain is not my thing. Men in pain does not turn me on. Women in pain does not turn me on, either, possibly why I'm not into the Sansan situation, as there's such emotional pain and misery awaiting poor Sansa there, and poor Sandor, too. ita Claire was a Mary Sue, and the author got the women's costumes wrong.

For once, the one we often mention in the Rant&Rave threads: Outlander. The sex scenes are amazing and well written. There is a lot of manly-male/feminine-woman interaction, but in a way that doesn't portray the characters are being unequal.

By Diana Gabaldon, no? Thanks :D 

Sansa/Sandor is a popular ship and to be honest, I quite like it, but that's my personal opinion. Would it be a perfectly healthy relationship? Fuck no. Not to mention it would have a power imbalance because of their ages, they themselves as people, etc.

Also, can you imagine if Sansa fell pregnant with a bastard child, what that would mean to her? Would not want to be a fly on the wall for that.

It doesn't matter that Sandor is a good guy (btw, isnt the cold blooded killer argument rendundant if we're talking about westeros?) What matters is that Sansa herself is scared shitless of him. At worst, she tries to pities him, and Sandor despises pity, but he's still amused by her efforts to be courteous when she clearly thinks he's hideous. He thinks of her as a vain little girl. This dynamic is the reason why the pairing is unhealthy and would never work.

Unless you make him wear leather pants and change Sansa's character, ofc :P

That's actually worse than missing the subtext, that's missing the text, too.

Beauty and the Beast, a la Jean Cocteau, that's the story the author is telling.

Oh, and he has their picture up on his website (he also requested a picture of them for his calendar, that looks just like the poster for Cocteau's film):

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/grrm_fromfans/san-san-str/

I always thought the power imbalance was with her. If she said jump, he'd say how high.

Also there's a boatload of hints they will marry and have kids, but that's always an option if one doesn't want bastards.

The dude absolutely has his little bird on a pedestal.

I have always thought that Sansa and Sandor had power in different ways.  Sandor is all about physical power but socially he has nothing, meanwhile Sansa had all the social power and influence.

The most passionate line we hear from Sandor is "no one will hurt you again or I will kill them".  Sandor sees his worth in his ability to kill and by offering this to Sansa he is offering everything he can to her. As it turns out, Sansa rather likes the idea of his *ehem* sword protecting her.  

Sansa/Sandor is a popular ship and to be honest, I quite like it, but that's my personal opinion. Would it be a perfectly healthy relationship? Fuck no. Not to mention it would have a power imbalance because of their ages, they themselves as people, etc.

Also, can you imagine if Sansa fell pregnant with a bastard child, what that would mean to her? Would not want to be a fly on the wall for that.

True - there would be a power inbalance, a big one - in her advantage. She's a Stark, he is the second son of a minor landed knight, whose grandfather was a kennel master. That did not result in a power advantage on her side when they were interacting only because she was a Lannister hostage (although Sandor wasn't very socially powerful either, as Joffrey's bodyguard/sworn sword to the Lannisters), but once Sansa is not a hostage of her family's enemies, it would become quite obvious. 

The age thing is something that resulted in a power advantage for him when she was a little girl, but would disappear when she gets older.

Now, at the moment, Sansa is not yet in a position of power, but she could be. But Sandor is in an even worse position, because he is a wanted fugitive and man who has no place anywhere. 

Archived