Will Blackfish join the Targaryens?

Abdallah

If Aegon promises to restore Riverrun to the Tullys I can see that happening, but I'm kind of thinking that the Freys will jump ship once more and join, or at least try to join, the returning Targaryens to keep on the winning side, which is after all pretty much their best shot right now at surviving.

I think BF could have been a Targ supporter for along while. He squired for House Darry in his youth. We never hear of any exploits of his in Robert's Rebellion despite him being a legend of the War of Ninepenny Kings.  He has a much bigger role to play in the Riverlands than most people suspect.

I'd imagine the Blackfish is primarily concerned with rescuing Edmure and Jeyne. Whether he does that successfully in TWOW's prologue and who all dies in the attempt could radically change his motivations.

That being said, he is a natural ally of Aegon, considering that both are opposed to the Lannisters. With Dany it's a bit more complicated because her (probably) Hand will be a Lannister, but perhaps the Blackfish will accept this Lannister because he killed the orchestrator of the Red Wedding.

If the Blackfish has to choose between them, I imagine he will choose Dany because she will land in the Vale (where the Blackfish served) and will be able to get Sansa (Blackfish's niece) and Sweetrobin (his former liege lord) on her side. If Littlefinger joins Team Dany in the Vale, the Blackfish could find an ally who also wants to kill the Freys. Team Aegon has no such personal connections for the Blackfish.

I think BF could have been a Targ supporter for along while. He squired for House Darry in his youth. We never hear of any exploits of his in Robert's Rebellion despite him being a legend of the War of Ninepenny Kings.  He has a much bigger role to play in the Riverlands than most people suspect.

That is incorrect. The Blackfish is known to have attacked House Goodbrook who sided with the Targaryens, in Robert's Rebellion.

That is incorrect. The Blackfish is known to have attacked House Goodbrook who sided with the Targaryens, in Robert's Rebellion.

Quote please. I know Hoster attacked them in Robert's Rebellion.

I'd imagine the Blackfish is primarily concerned with rescuing Edmure and Jeyne. Whether he does that successfully in TWOW's prologue and who all dies in the attempt could radically change his motivations.

That being said, he is a natural ally of Aegon, considering that both are opposed to the Lannisters. With Dany it's a bit more complicated because her (probably) Hand will be a Lannister, but perhaps the Blackfish will accept this Lannister because he killed the orchestrator of the Red Wedding.

If the Blackfish has to choose between them, I imagine he will choose Dany because she will land in the Vale (where the Blackfish served) and will be able to get Sansa (Blackfish's niece) and Sweetrobin (his former liege lord) on her side. If Littlefinger joins Team Dany in the Vale, the Blackfish could find an ally who also wants to kill the Freys. Team Aegon has no such personal connections for the Blackfish.

I think Petyr is trying to unite the Vale, Riverlands and maybe the North to back Dany.  It would be the smart decision when she finally lands.  What makes you think she lands in the Vale?

I think Petyr is trying to unite the Vale, Riverlands and maybe the North to back Dany.  It would be the smart decision when she finally lands.  What makes you think she lands in the Vale?

It's mostly Tyrion. He has several connections in the Vale such as his wife, the mountain clans, and a little boy who is destined to see Tyrion fly. Also, it makes strategic sense to capture the one region with abundant food stores.

If Aegon promises to restore Riverrun to the Tullys I can see that happening, but I'm kind of thinking that the Freys will jump ship once more and join, or at least try to join, the returning Targaryens to keep on the winning side, which is after all pretty much their best shot right now at surviving.

I don't know, the way Haldon and JonCon referred to the Freys (and Boltons) as "Houses long renown for treachery and cruelty" makes me think they're already heavily prejudiced against them. And I don't think they've even heard of the Red Wedding yet!

I think whoever wants to win the Riverlands, be it Aegon or Littlefinger, definitely has to go against the Freys, considering that every other Riverlands House hates their weasel guts.

I don't know, the way Haldon and JonCon referred to the Freys (and Boltons) as "Houses long renown for treachery and cruelty" makes me think they're already heavily prejudiced against them. And I don't think they've even heard of the Red Wedding yet!

I think whoever wants to win the Riverlands, be it Aegon or Littlefinger, definitely has to go against the Freys, considering that every other Riverlands House hates their weasel guts.

I do think Petyr is already planning on it. He is a smart man. Gets revenge for Cat and consolidate the Riverlands in one fell swoop.

Archived