Heavy Metal 9: through Bruce is salvation

MercenaryChef

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On May 12, 2016 at 9:00 PM, Xray the Enforcer said:

For y'all who like some things that sound like some things...and who like FREE SHIT

Dark Descent/Unspeakable Axe (two of my favorite labels) have a FREE sampler for download. https://darkdescentrecords.bandcamp.com/album/new-release-sampler-4

that ruinous track is like... wow. keep an eye out for those guys

Apparently a couple of the guys from Satan's Hallow are in another band, Moros Nyx, and this shit is pretty fucking fun. Straight up old school heavy metal worship, bordering on NWOBHM with just a splash of cheese and hairspray

@Ferrum Aeternum, I'm posting this for you, buddy

Oh yeah, linky: https://morosnyx.bandcamp.com

41 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

More seriously, nice lineup. The drummer is also in High Spirits and was in Superchrist -- I've seen both bands a combined three or four times and he was great every time.

Oh word! Not surprised. This is immeadeately getting added to the 'party metal' list

45 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

The drummer is also in High Spirits and was in Superchrist -- I've seen both bands a combined three or four times and he was great every time.

Yeah, that guy is awesome!

19 hours ago, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

Apparently a couple of the guys from Satan's Hallow are in another band, Moros Nyx, and this shit is pretty fucking fun. Straight up old school heavy metal worship, bordering on NWOBHM with just a splash of cheese and hairspray

@Ferrum Aeternum, I'm posting this for you, buddy

Oh yeah, linky: https://morosnyx.bandcamp.com

Niiiice! :thumbsup: 

• 4 weeks later...

Venue information:

Only 2 venues will be used next year, Rams Head Live and Baltimore Soundstage. Not using Edison Lot may come as a bit of a surprise to some of you, but to make a long story short, the cost of production to use Edison all weekend is too much to justify using it again next year. We prefer to stay true to our roots and not seek a bunch of sponsors or raise ticket prices to help fuel the cost of continuing a 3 venue format, so downscaling to 2 venues was in our best interest. This decision will keep the cost of tickets cheaper than the last few years, but nearly the same amount of bands that you're used to will be booked.

Once again, the Thursday show at Rams Head will feature doom/stoner/sludge bands, while Baltimore Soundstage will feature death metal.

From Friday-Sunday, Rams Head will be running all day and night instead of just late evening hours. Rams Head will feature death/black/thrash metal bands all weekend.

From Friday-Sunday, Soundstage will be running all day and night just as it has in the past. Soundstage will feature grindcore/powerviolence/hardcore/punk bands all weekend. 

This venue format will allow us to keep collisions of 2 bands playing at one time to a minimum. You also only have to walk 2 minutes between the venues.

As always, merch vendors will be present at MDF 2017. We'll let you know more about where they'll be located in the coming months.

Note that tickets will be limited in this venue format. It is highly recommended that you get your tickets (especially the 4-day pass) as soon as possible. 300 more 4-day passes will be released on Friday, July 22nd at 10 am EST. 

Once these are gone, one final wave of 4-day passes will be released (for the same price as the sale on the 22nd) after we finish booking bands. All other ticket options, including 3-day passes for either venue and single day tickets, will be released after we finish booking bands.

Save the following ticket link:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/maryland-deathfest-2017-tickets-26276287082

MDF XV
May 25-28, 2017

Acid King
Akercocke (UK)
Autopsy
Behexen (Finland)
Brodequin
Captain Cleanoff (Australia)
Conan (UK)
Crud
Cryptopsy (Canada)
Decrepit Birth
Dopethrone
Embalmer
Encoffination
Ex Dementia
Exumer (Germany)
Father Befouled
Fiend
Fissure
Goolagoon
Goratory
In The Woods (Norway)
Insect Warfare
Iron Lung
Kerasphorus
Macabre
Malignancy
Meth Leppard (Australia)
Morbid Angel
Morbid Saint
Necropsy (Finland)
Nightbringer
Nordjevel (Norway)
October Tide (Sweden)
P.L.F.
Sargeist (Finland)
Siege
Skeletal Remains
SubRosa
Terrorizer (World Downfall set)
Torture Rack
Usurper
Vader (Poland)
War Master
Wormrot (Singapore)

More bands announced soon!

Whoa.

• 2 weeks later...

I know ther have to be a few people into Blood Incantation here... 

Decibal (yeah, I know) is has the new album Starspawn available to stream. Gnarly shit

http://decibelmagazine.com/blog/2016/7/29/full-album-stream-blood-incantations-starspawn-might-be-the-death-metal-album-of-the-year

• 3 weeks later...

Archived