Supergirl TV show: anticipation or wary?

BlackBethaRidesAgain

Bunch of gutless turds, off course they would find some bullshit way to keep Kara's "identity" a secret.

Agree. I sort of saw it coming, too, once he revealed himself to her. I thought Cat had nailed it down in he last ep. Didn't Kara tacitly admit to being SG? But then, I guess they had to do something to back track. Imagine a media mogul with a super being under her thumb.

Agree. I sort of saw it coming, too, once he revealed himself to her. I thought Cat had nailed it down in he last ep. Didn't Kara tacitly admit to being SG? But then, I guess they had to do something to back track. Imagine a media mogul with a super being under her thumb.

Basically, yes. Ugh, this is just pathetic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm still watching. Though I'm not entirely sure why other than the fact I have the show on series link so it automatically DVRs every week.

I assume that because the Martian Manhunter is in the Supergirl show that means he's unlikely to join the DCU.

22 hours ago, Bastard of Boston said:

The show has improved, but it's still suspect for me. I watch because I'm easy. I found this interesting. My feelings on Supergirl, ironically, echo my feelings for Smallville...only when Smallville was airing, we had no other options. I'd love this, though...

Tom Welling talks Supergirl possible cameo

At least doing that would completely cut the TV show off from the movies. Given Superman is in the TV universe, it would be good to actually see him not in silhouette at least once.

On 2/3/2016 at 5:56 PM, Bastard of Boston said:

The show has improved, but it's still suspect for me. I watch because I'm easy. I found this interesting. My feelings on Supergirl, ironically, echo my feelings for Smallville...only when Smallville was airing, we had no other options. I'd love this, though...

Tom Welling talks Supergirl possible cameo

To me it's not really suspect. It's just kinda bad. I don't recall when it hit me in the past three episodes but it did. No, I kinda do, it was the scene where Danvers had to go have dinner with Maxwell Lord for reasons. 

It's not horrible-bad but this sort of...network TV bland-not-doing-something-that-compelling-bad and I never felt that the drama surrounding the show was good enough to make up for it. 

I felt like that for the first few seasons of Smallville but I don't think I did towards the end when it kicked up and stopped pretending that it wasn't going to mine all of Superman's history to make a story (making you wonder wtf was left over after the prequel). But then, I haven't seen it in so long so who knows? I think a lot of shows might improve when you don't have to sit down for 20 episodes.

Still, it's not a bad way to pass time.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's official. This show has flopped in New Zealand. It started out in primetime on Friday evenings, and now it's been moved to Saturday 3PM.

Hopefully the network has seen that most people are streaming it on their on demand service or DVRing it, so it's still getting decent views just not actually at the time it was being broadcast.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they go streaming only for this show. The same network shows Arrow and The Flash, and The Flash has become streaming with Arrow still being broadcast and streamed.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess holding on to almost 7 million viewers this deep into the season means it's worth renewing, and I imagine they are hoping the Flash/Supergirl cross over might bring some audience back.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought the ep was really cute. And the whole other worlds/multiverse plot was well handled; not clunky at all.

Loved Kara's squeal when Barry got them all ice cream. :lol:

Archived