The cost of battle between Stannis and Boltons

bikirangogoi

There were quite a few dead horses seen at the end(correct me if I'm wrong) of the battle and it seemed like a bolton cavalry charge at the onset of engagement.Does this imply a crippling loss for the bolton making them vulnerable from LF or any organised rebellion from Northmen(mind you they need a proper claimant for the union in spite of being better than anyone else at laying a siege in north or winter)?The Stannis seemed to have a decent number of pikeman/helberdiers.The show is yet to reveal the overall losses of each sides.

Victory for the Boltons, more losses than anticipated since the one thing the show always has done through the slew of shit is make Stannis formidable on the field. Maybe more-so than book Stannis (depending on how it plays out in the books)

• 8 months later...
On 9/15/2015 at 1:27 PM, Bronn Urgundy said:

Victory for the Boltons, more losses than anticipated since the one thing the show always has done through the slew of shit is make Stannis formidable on the field. Maybe more-so than book Stannis (depending on how it plays out in the books)

Formidable on the field? I hope you mean in terms of his martial ability fighting enemies personally. If you mean as a military commander than I'd have to disagree; I'd even go so far as to say Stannis will be winning the upcoming battle in Winds not just because it's the best way to move the story forward but because Wyman Manderly has already switched to Stannis's side. The fake execution of Davos would have been such a waste of time it wouldn't make any sense for Manderly to not turn when the big moment hits. The moment being when Stannis's men are camped at the crofters village and Roose sends out two hosts one led by the Freys and another Manderly host right behind, the Frey host will be sandwiched between two unfriendly armies. Unfortunately the show just wants to opt for cheese and have WHOA BRO JON SNOW take all the glory when fighting Ser BigBad Old Lady Skinner in a ridiculous battle that honestly feels kind of forced. Sigh at least we have Jaime's character development, oh wait.........

Archived