Is Cersei Evil or an Idiot?

Abdallah

So most people would say Cersei was an evil b word. But i ask is she really evil? Lets review

1. She didn't push bran out the window, jaime did. Cersei got mad at him because for one, bran was only a child.

2. She didn't try to kill bran, most think it was joffrey.

3. She didn't kill Ned, Joffrey disobeyed orders.

4. She also didn't kill Barre, it might not have even been Joffrey, it could have been Littlefinger.

5. Worst thing she did was lead the show trial against Tyrion, but she did believe he killed Joffrey, due to the prophecies.

6. for the most part she's a terrible ruler, but not really evil. as for cheating on robert, robert cheated on her too.

She comitted treason and her actions and secrets cost the lives of many people.
She tormented Sansa emotionally.
She tried to frame Margaery so she would be sentenced to die.

She is also really stupid she managed to destroy everything that Tywin did and weakened the Lannisters.

So most people would say Cersei was an evil b word. But i ask is she really evil? Lets review

1. She didn't push bran out the window, jaime did. Cersei got mad at him because for one, bran was only a child.

2. She didn't try to kill bran, most think it was joffrey.

3. She didn't kill Ned, Joffrey disobeyed orders.

4. She also didn't kill Barre, it might not have even been Joffrey, it could have been Littlefinger.

5. Worst thing she did was lead the show trial against Tyrion, but she did believe he killed Joffrey, due to the prophecies.

6. for the most part she's a terrible ruler, but not really evil. as for cheating on robert, robert cheated on her too.

1) Her only problem was that Jaime botched the murder and now they were in danger of being found out.

2) True.

3) She definitely was one of the parties that orchestrated his downfall

4) You mean Barra? wasn't Joffrey murdering the bastards just a change in the show to whitewash Cersei?

5-6) The worst thing she did was imprisoning, torturing and handing over innocents to Pycelle for his sick experiments, This included people who were her allies. Have you not read Feast for Crows?

7) She murdered her childhood friend....when both of them were children.

8) She assassinated King Robert

She is evil and an idiot.

She thinks everything is a slight. She gives erratic commands as an ineffectual leader.

She's spend her life scheming to gain power, but can't handle it at all.

Quick temper, easily wounded pride, rash decisions, lack of patience, avoiding unpleasant facts.

She critizes Robert sharply for drinking, eating and whoring, only to do exactly the same.

She becomes fat and whips servants for this.

Her hate towards Tyrion, even before the prophecy. Killing her friend Melara after hearing the prophecy.

She seems to love Jaime and her children more as extensions of herself than anything else.

She turns on her children suddenly. Not providing them with sound guidance or discipline, but reacting abusively when they defy or disobey her.

Also, the things she's done to Sansa (although I dislike Sansa). And maybe also Ned and Margaery. 

Her love for her children is a little redeeming factor, but it's not enough. Not even close.

I don't see her incest as something bad though. But she's not really good for Jaime. Please break up and kill her.

I'm done.

Cersei is not an idiot, although she can act really stupid under cerain conditions (which become more of the norm post the end of ASOS).

However, I don't see how this can be an either/or question. One can easily be both.

How many intelligent decisions has she made?

Being serious, is not that simple.

She was raised by Tywin "if you look bad at me I'll kill you and your family because no one looks me bad" Lannister. She believes she can do whatever the heck she wants because "I'M A LION".

She doesn't know how to do those things and get away, though.

Must the two be mutually exclusive?

Yes, she is quite evil and spiteful. She feels no compassion/ empathy toward people who are not Lannisters. She feels it towards one less Lannister, now that Jaime is no longer perfect and handsome anymore.

It is very fortunate for people that she is so foolish

Archived