NFL 2015 Week Won cont: Return of the Honeybadger.

Jace, Extat

I saw Adrian Clayborne making  a few plays which is great, I loved that kid coming out of college when he had a torn up knee. Glad he got out of Tampa.

And I know I might get burnt at the stake for talking about Madden in the real football thread, but I gotta give you guys a quick breakdown of some shenanigans I've put together then I'll never talk about it again.

I started a Broncos franchise and immediately traded Peyton Manning for Jay Cutler and all of Chicago's picks. Then I traded a 3rd and Denver's starting FS for Tyrann Mathieu. I sent a couple of #2's to Detroit for Ameer Abdullah and then I sent Demarious Thomas, C.J. Anderson, and a 2nd rounder to NY for ODB.J

Now if I can find where Jarred Hayne went in the game (I know he's on the 49'ers starting roster, but he's not there or in any other team's roster or even in the FA pool) I'll have the perfect team :P I got shut-out vs Baltimore after Jay dislocated his shoulder and Mike Vick was already out with a preseason injury so I had to put this guy who's name I don't even know in the game 1 week after I'd signed him. Balti only scored 10 points, though 'cause my defense is fucking legit.

Total fun going on with the new game mechanics and I'm looking forward to drafting/developing a 1st round QB.

That's it, I'm done with the fake football talk. :P

Wanted to go back to this.

From FO:

So yeah, the way you beat Luck is by throwing blitzes at him, the bigger the better. 

Hmm, I guess the announce was just talking out his ass then. My bad.

Philly just looks out of sync. Is Bradford's awareness just off, or is his line just bad? I notice he's just standing there and then getting dropped quite often.
Yeah, when your line is being abused like Philly's is, the offense doesn't do so well. Not being able to threaten the run basically kills a Kelly offense. Same as it did in college. 

Just noticed that Romo's game winning drive also made me win my matchup in 4 of my 5 fantasy leagues (the last match isn't quite over yet).

As a Cowboys fan, makes me even more happy. 

A Philly loss tonight would make it a perfect football weekend. (Cowboys win, Giants loss, Skins loss, Philly loss, fantasy league wins)

Some times the football gods can be good. (IF Philly loses....)

Just noticed that Romo's game winning drive also made me win my matchup in 4 of my 5 fantasy leagues (the last match isn't quite over yet).

As a Cowboys fan, makes me even more happy. 

A Philly loss tonight would make it a perfect football weekend. (Cowboys win, Giants loss, Skins loss, Philly loss, fantasy league wins)

Some times the football gods can be good. (IF Philly loses....)

Wow dude you don't know anything. 

Jace, I feel your pain; oh how I feel it.

But I was a fan of a team that won 5, and I was even an adult for one of them.

It's totally rational to feel this way even though in the big picture things haven't been so bad.

It's a terrible thing to watch something you love burn.

This is the Chip Kelly offense we were all expecting and it's terrifying. There were like 5-6 straight plays on that drive where the RB ran a wheel route on a LB and it looked like it could go for 15 every single time. Instead sometimes they'd go to Ertz and sometimes to Matthews and everyone was open. Bradford is looking at home in this system now. 

ETA: Yeah, WJ, that was clearly a TD by Matthews. Not sure what the refs were looking at. 

So apparently Eli Manning is as dumb as he looks, and he told Rashad Jennings not to score on those 2 running plays (i doubt it mattered, the Defense stopped them) to run the clock because.....well no reason really, would have put them up by 10 with 2 minutes left.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...355?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Feel like the smart play was to go for the first down with both teams scoring at will...

Agreed. Just like with Jay Gruden, the wussy decision to kick a FG on 4th and 1 brings the karmic miss. 

ETA: If you've watched the Eagles at all the last few years, you don't do a slow developing run on 3rd and 1 against their defense. It's a guarantee Bill Davis is bringing the house. 

So apparently Eli Manning is as dumb as he looks, and he told Rashad Jennings not to score on those 2 running plays (i doubt it mattered, the Defense stopped them) to run the clock because.....well no reason really, would have put them up by 10 with 2 minutes left.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...355?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I saw this today and didn't even click it. What a fucking nightmare first game by these idiots.

So.....currently 50th out of 31,065 people in a small DFS tournament.  Matthews getting that TD would have moved me up to top 10.  And the difference in payouts is huge.

Really wish they had reviewed.

Damn. I didn't see it as I was out most of the night but that would have put me into the top 500 of a 383k player tournament.

Jaime - guess the prediction didn't hold true.

Archived