Why would Tywin consent to naming Tyrion... Well, Tyrion?

Given how Tywin seems to harbor ill feelings towards Tyrion, including the death of Joanna a bit and the possibility that Tyrion in not his son, why did Tywin allow a traditional Lannister name to Tyrion? I am referring to the "Ty" part of the name (Tyboly, Tyget, Tytos, etc), and yet Tywin's first born son was given the name Jamie??? No offense to Jamie's out there.
I am somewhat in the house of Tyrion could be the son of the mad king and now that the dragons are loose in Mereen as Tyrion is arriving, that will be Tyrion's display of not being burnt by dragon fire in his own magical experience as he tames them, especially Rhaegal.

You should check the Westerlands section of the world book for the historical Tyrions.

Like Tyrion II, the Tormentor, who desired no woman unless he first made her bleed.

Tyrion isn't exactly as despised a Lannister name as Loreon (with the Limp, Lackiwit and Queen Lorea), but it's hardly respected.

You should check the Westerlands section of the world book for the historical Tyrions.

Like Tyrion II, the Tormentor, who desired no woman unless he first made her bleed.

Tyrion isn't exactly as despised a Lannister name as Loreon (with the Limp, Lackiwit and Queen Lorea), but it's hardly respected.

So it's more of a middle-finger gesture then? I have listened the the world book twice but I guess I forgot about the past Tyrion details? Thanks for the info.

Tyrion III made a fine job, though.

• 2 months later...

There could be one more thing to it. Because of situation with his father Tywin was obsessed with being respected. He dreaded the vision of people gossip about him being a cuckold. 

So what better way of cutting the gossip than acting like you're certain that he's yours and giving the baby traditional family name? 

P.S. I'm quite convinced that Tywin had doubts but Tyrion was his son.

Given how Tywin seems to harbor ill feelings towards Tyrion, including the death of Joanna a bit and the possibility that Tyrion in not his son, why did Tywin allow a traditional Lannister name to Tyrion? I am referring to the "Ty" part of the name (Tyboly, Tyget, Tytos, etc), and yet Tywin's first born son was given the name Jamie??? No offense to Jamie's out there.

I am somewhat in the house of Tyrion could be the son of the mad king and now that the dragons are loose in Mereen as Tyrion is arriving, that will be Tyrion's display of not being burnt by dragon fire in his own magical experience as he tames them, especially Rhaegal.

Jaime.. as in Joanna, Jason etc. Traditional Lannister names include more  names than just names with "Ty". 

Archived