Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5/S 6 speculation continued [book and show spoilers]

kissdbyfire

I think she's kidding. And they needed a Hound photo or two. I will remedy that. Of course, we call it oatmeal, but I'd buy the porridge, too. (apparently, I can't even spell it)

Yeah, I was just kidding :D

Otherwise I would also be very guilty 

Holy crap, I had no idea the costumer was married to Ron Moore (love that she comments on that blog, too, and explains stuff).

The whole "Outlander" production gives off a vibe of inclusiveness and immersion, from the showrunners to the author to the actors to the crew. Everybody wants to get it right. GOT gives off NONE of that kind of devotion to quality.

Of course, there's supposed to be secrecy about the plot, tha they don't have open sets, but if you're doing a decent adaptation of a published work, people are going to KNOW the characters and the plot progression. Even if they don't know the story as it was originally told, the audience wants the characters to behave in a believable way. People who went to see "Saving Private Ryan" weren't expecting the Nazis to win. Scarlett O'Hara may have had one child in the movie and three in the books, but she didn't move to Chicago and have a lesbian romance with Prissy. 

But noooo, not GOT, I don't know any of those people; they kinda look like characters and have the same names, but they don't act like the characters, or in fact like any rational being would ever act! 

Plus, Ron Moore has never talked about his wife's chest in an interview. 

Outlander outfits are very wearable even for modern times (not all, of course). I remember watching a diy post with comments of the production saying many people wanted to knitted stuff because it looked great. That was before I even know what Outlander was about, so I didn't pay much attention (nor I can't find the link).

Of course I can't wear anything wool anymore because El Niño is coming and I'll have to go outside dressed like a Sand Snake, even though I also live in a desert.

Are you serious? That skirt underwiring to enlarge the hips is wearable? Those decolletés that squeeze the breasts so they don't fall out? The only wearable part is from the nineteen fourties

The most wearable are indeed those wonderfully knitted woolen scarfs, I do those patterns while watching tv, Outlander e.g. And the kilts are very wearable  - for me!

Outlander costumes are indeed great but Game of Thrones is far more challenging. So much love for details, so much creativity.  There are neither historical restrictions nor exact historical references for them and Martin himself went over the top quite often, remember e.g. Daario's looks, sorry.

oops, I forgot, liking anything is forbidden in this thread, everything of the show, whatever it might be, must be declared disgusting here..........

Are you serious? That skirt underwiring to enlarge the hips is wearable? Those decolletés that squeeze the breasts so they don't fall out? The only wearable part is from the nineteen fourties

The most wearable are indeed those wonderfully knitted woolen scarfs, I do those patterns while watching tv, Outlander e.g. And the kilts are very wearable  - for me!

Outlander costumes are indeed great but Game of Thrones is far more challenging. So much love for details, so much creativity.  There neither historical restrictions nor exact historical references for them and Martin himself went over the top quite often, remember e.g. Daario's looks, sorry.

oops, I forgot, liking anything is forbidden in this thread, everything of the show, whatever it might be, must be declared disgusting here..........

That's why I meant not all of the costumes. I won't go outside dressing like Claire in those dresses she show all of her... charms (although....). The knitted stuff and some of the jackets can be adapted to more modern times.

Now, the GoT costumes are spectacular but not really practical.

If I went out like Margaery not only would I make a joke of myself, I'd have a sore throat and a fever within five seconds. And Dany has invented the lotus surface for her dresses since she never has to change them.

but any female dress going down to the feet and the filth on the ground was unwearable if you hadn't a crowd of servants.

I have a blanket made of Scottish Tartan. It is so warm! For the people who are interested there is even a Scottish Tartans Museum in Edinburgh (I visited it)

And the details of the GoT costumes are amazing; but

I know right? What, is this a trend??

I was thinking on lighten up my hair once it grows all back, but I swear if ONE more single GoT actor get cast in Outlander, I'll dye it very red. Connington red.

I want to think, is there a Jon Connington inspiration in Outlander.

I wonder if many caught the significance of the cute little boy in the 1940's scenes.

His grown up version is still to be cast. And he's descended from Geillis. Tall, dark hair.

Archived