Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5/S 6 speculation continued [book and show spoilers]

kissdbyfire

I finally got around to watching the HBO retrospective and I have one question: Do those arrogant dingbats running this show actually believe that the three characters the audience cares most about are Carol, Deadpan Dany and RAMSAY F'N SNOW? At this point, Carol and Ramsay are pure show creations, in other words, their delightfully smelling outgassings. Dany is also nowhere near where she was at this point in the novels; instead, she's another damsel in distress and tattered finery, surrounded by Dothrakis with rape on their minds. 

I'm just at a loss for words. Ramsay in a heroic pose, horseback? I'm surprised they didn't have him shirtless again. 

I'm confused and feeling the need to barf all at the same time, HELP ME!!  LOLOL  I'm not sure which HBO retrospective that you are talking about, and while I'm not sure I REALLY want to know.......I'll ask:  What is it you mean, anyone have a link?  

~sitting here, with dread~

I'm confused and feeling the need to barf all at the same time, HELP ME!!  LOLOL  I'm not sure which HBO retrospective that you are talking about, and while I'm not sure I REALLY want to know.......I'll ask:  What is it you mean, anyone have a link?  

He's talking about this: http://watchersonthewall.com/hbos-yearender-video-brings-new-game-of-thrones-images/

I finally got around to watching the HBO retrospective and I have one question: Do those arrogant dingbats running this show actually believe that the three characters the audience cares most about are Carol, Deadpan Dany and RAMSAY F'N SNOW? At this point, Carol and Ramsay are pure show creations, in other words, their delightfully smelling outgassings. Dany is also nowhere near where she was at this point in the novels; instead, she's another damsel in distress and tattered finery, surrounded by Dothrakis with rape on their minds. 

I'm just at a loss for words. Ramsay in a heroic pose, horseback? I'm surprised they didn't have him shirtless again. 

Weird, I'm trying to reply quote, to say thank you, and I'm not sure why I seem to be losing the one post from the reply box to which I am trying to reply?  (just when I think I'm used to the new board, huh? LOL)

Anyway, to Ingleheim:  Thanks for the link.  Now I just need to brave using it.  hehe

she, actually.

Sorry, I did know that, but I was fighting with the reply quote function so much.......that I forgot to mention it.  I do recall you mentioning that you are a female, the Mrs to a Mr Hands even, if I recall correctly.  ;)

I don't make much of a point of checking out WotW, it didnt' even dawn on me to try there, LOL  Wow, things have really changed, even habit wise, in the past year for me when it comes to keeping up, or caring to keep up, with the show and it's happenings.  I guess there is only so long A Girl Can.........devote lots of attention and energy to a lackluster mess. 

Sorry, I did know that, but I was fighting with the reply quote function so much.......that I forgot to mention it.  I do recall you mentioning that you are a female, the Mrs to a Mr Hands even, if I recall correctly.

I don't make much of a point of checking out WotW, it didnt' even dawn on me to try there, LOL  Wow, things have really changed, even habit wise, in the past year for me when it comes to keeping up, or caring to keep up, with the show and it's happenings.  I guess there is only so long A Girl Can.........devote lots of attention and energy to a lackluster mess. 

I ddon't go there much, since Sue got out the ban hammer on some VERY good redheadded people :angry:

I ddon't go there much, since Sue got out the ban hammer on some VERY good redheadded people :angry:

I go there occasionally and scan through any updates that seem important... of which there are a very rare few. I just find it hard to keep caring about the show the way I did in seasons 1-3. That site though! :angry:The hypocrite commenters there are quick to bash other websites claiming that "book purists" are close-minded or judgmental, however, they are super quick to aggressively attack anyone who is not a TV- D&D superfan. Last week (?) that site posted a goofy article about some famous person mixing up character names and a commentor called it out as a Yahoo-level article. I did chuckle at that. I don't even bother with commenting there.

I am assuming that redhead is JCRB?

We had Dany (okay), (Tyrion: Dany = We will make the whole world a better place and dragon) Jorah (dragon) dragon (where are my fluffy ones!), Cersei and ... 

the hero of the show 

Ramsay Snow Bolton on his horse :bang:

Oh, I agree with everything you said, trust me. I know lots of people will still watch. I wonder if the D's are going to have to rely more and more on cliffhangers like Jon Snow's death to keep people coming back? I have a feeling that the show will tease his resurrection for 2-3 episodes just to keep viewers tuning in. It will be interesting to watch viewer episode tallies as the season goes on. 

The story is so scrambled up that it appears a big chunk of S6 will have to be retconned with band-aids just to hold it together.

I have rewatched most of S5 and I found I was bored through most of it. Except for the leading scene to when Jon decides to lop the head from Janos. The acting (poor Kit) and cinematography was cheesy and laughable. I like the Spiderman reference. That is a good one :thumbsup:

They can get the viewers with cliffhangers, but if in the overall season, but with them stretching everything until season 8 and given things like Super Ramsay and characters that the audience likes being punishing the audience (or part of them) can get tired.

The worst part in re-watching season 5 is exactly the plot holes and the nonsensical alterations. The seven first episodes are really dull and their flaws become even more apparent. And, now, without the surprises and the shocking value deadened, all is much more evident, even for the fans invested in the show.

And if I wuld compare Season 5 with some movie I would compare with Titanic (not kidding)   

just noticed on my rewatch of season 5 that they labelled the summer sea, "summer's sea" & sunspear, "dorne" in the opening segment. I've been watching the series from the start & the quality really declines after season 3. oberyn & arya/hound times make season 4 enjoyable though.

Are you guys saying that HBO is making Ramsay one of the highlights of the show?!?  The only thing about Ramsay that deserves highlighting is his grisly gory death.  He's a minor character who doesn't deserve to be highlighted. And now it appears that he apparently has fans?  Gah!

After the last episode I saw a lot of comments of people saying "I am now rooting for the White Walkers" or "I don't give a shit who is going to die" and it is a bad signal for the showrunners. They let too bad things happening with little reward for the audience. We had Sansa raped, Sheeren burning, Mycella poisoned and Ramsay risen in the final completely undefeated. The icing on the cake between a army lead by a man who burned his own daughter and a army lead by a rapist. Were we supposed to root for someone there?

All it let to a spiral of desperation and if D&D don't change it in the next season is possible that the audience lose interest on the show.

But ohhhhh, the man who burned his daughter might not even be dead!  Stay tuned ya'll!     :rolleyes:

I think they see Ramsay as viewership "Gold". They have to give him someone to possess and torture. He lost Myranda, Reek and Sansa, will he get one back or find someone new? Ramsay must have someone to abuse. They will milk this guy's existance to the bitter end and if the spoilers are true in some places, he may just live into season 7 and beyond. UGHHH

Right down to Myranda and Ramsey, only they were naked and Celine Dion wasn't wailing on the soundtrack:stillsick:

Which reminds me, this video is priceless. :lol: (These things are always better than the show.)

THIS is the big moment, why they had to screw up Jaime's and Brienne's stories, and bring them back too early. The big dramatic moment nobody wanted to see.

I think they see Ramsay as viewership "Gold". They have to give him someone to possess and torture. He lost Myranda, Reek and Sansa, will he get one back or find someone new? Ramsay must have someone to abuse. They will milk this guy's existance to the bitter end and if the spoilers are true in some places, he may just live into season 7 and beyond. UGHHH

I think I've guessed the ending.  Dany will marry Ramsay Bolton, and they'll go on the rampage across Westeros, like Mickey and Mallory in Natural Born Killers.

They'll bond together, while torturing their victims.

I think I've guessed the ending.  Dany will marry Ramsay Bolton, and they'll go on the rampage across Westeros, like Mickey and Mallory in Natural Born Killers.

They'll bond together, while torturing their victims.

"Thankfully a suitor is already on his knees", this might work after all! Hidzhar as Sansa was one of the best adaptations of a main character I've ever seen. 

Archived