Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5/S 6 speculation continued [book and show spoilers]

kissdbyfire

2- Have you ever read GRRM's story The Pear Shaped Man? It is creepy and you kinda feel like you need disinfectant after. And I love it.

Holy crap. Found it here.  I'll be sleeping with Mr. Hands, YourSister, and the light on tonight.

Damn. that's some good horror writing.  

From the site that dared to blocked me, they said Bran's storyline will be "Inception-ish".

I have no problems with D&d ruining Nolan's work, though.

I've gone from being mad at the site that blocked you..........to even forgetting they exist, much less bothering to look and see what they have written, LOLOL  

By the way...........who's the girl? 

Holy crap. Found it here.  I'll be sleeping with Mr. Hands, YourSister, and the light on tonight.

Thanks for the link.  You're giving me flashbacks of fear........just with your reaction.  Being as.......I am alone in the house right now, minus 2 of those YourSister thangs........I think I will just skip that til MrFevreDream is home.  (Do we have a nail biting emoticon?)

Or try Meathouse Man. Totally need disinfectant when done. And a brain cleanse. And I love it.

This is just one link to it...

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/grrm_book/meathouse-man/

Oh, and just to add, for some reason this story reminds me of Asshai by the Shadow. I kind of imagine this could almost be that city (with some genre adjustments).

Or try Meathouse Man. Totally need disinfectant when done. And a brain cleanse. And I love it.

This is just one link to it...

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/grrm_book/meathouse-man/

Oh, and just to add, for some reason this story reminds me of Asshai by the Shadow. I kind of imagine this could almost be that city (with some genre adjustments).

The Pear-Shaped Man, the last few graphs, reminded me of a certain prologue in ASOIAF :o

The Pear-Shaped Man, the last few graphs, reminded me of a certain prologue in ASOIAF :o

AFFC with Pate?

And that reminds me. I miss the idea of the show attempting to do the prologues. They are there to set the them---- oh wait. Nevermind. Themes are for eight-graders.

AFFC with Pate?

And that reminds me. I miss the idea of the show attempting to do the prologues. They are there to set the them---- oh wait. Nevermind. Themes are for eight-graders.

Actually Varamyr in ADwD. Beginning to lose himself in his new... errrrrr, life... *shudder* 

And hey! They did a prologue this past season! And a flashback! Of course, they missed the point of that whole Maggy the Frog scene. It wasn't about how many children she'd have or Robert would have (and they got that wrong anyway) or about a younger queen taking her place and taking "all you hold dear"; it was about her ambition (marry the king!), her obsession with letting nothing come between her and her twin, and her willingness to KILL someone without a twinge of conscience. And, most important, since the thing she holds most dear of all is her own golden Lannister ass, Cersei hears, "And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you." 

D&D: Valonqar? What Valonqar?

Thing is, reading even Martin's short stories is like fine dining, you just want to savor every word. And GoT is like going to McDonalds -- cheap, available everywhere, but quite forgettable (oh, only if the uniforms had rear windows!). 

Actually Varamyr in ADwD. Beginning to lose himself in his new... errrrrr, life... *shudder* 

And hey! They did a prologue this past season! And a flashback! Of course, they missed the point of that whole Maggy the Frog scene. It wasn't about how many children she'd have or Robert would have (and they got that wrong anyway) or about a younger queen taking her place and taking "all you hold dear"; it was about her ambition (marry the king!), her obsession with letting nothing come between her and her twin, and her willingness to KILL someone without a twinge of conscience. And, most important, since the thing she holds most dear of all is her own golden Lannister ass, Cersei hears, "And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you." 

D&D: Valonqar? What Valonqar?

Thing is, reading even Martin's short stories is like fine dining, you just want to savor every word. And GoT is like going to McDonalds -- cheap, available everywhere, but quite forgettable (oh, only if the uniforms had rear windows!). 

I actually almost wrote that one first but second guessed myself and changed the answer. The same reason why I did so poorly on tests in middle school!

I remember the prettied up version of Maggie and the dumbed down prophecy. I cannot remember any other actual prologues besides the season 1 wights version. Jeesh! I guess that is a little telling if the TV show will stand the test of time like the books. I have not gone back to rewatch much of the show after season 3.

Lady- "May I take your order please?"

D1- "Hello, can you hear me? Weiss, turn down the dub-step, the girl can't hear me"

D2- "Huh. Ok."

D1- "Hi. I'd like two extra large, double shot valonqar's with whipped cream."

Lady- "A valonqar is not a coffee drink, sir."

D2- "Cherries. Don't forget cherries."

D1- "With cherries. And could yo take your top off when we get to the window. We only pay for bewbs."

D2- "Ha-ha. You said bewbs."

It's baffling that they chose Carol (who would never push Melara down the well) over Cersei (who was haunted about it as she slowly lost it). Cersei was the better story. Carol is a yawnfest. Nothing goes very deep in the show. Speaking of horror stories, it's like the show characters are the pod people of the book characters. They don't quite know how to be human.

I haven't even read this article yet, but thought I'd bring it here.  http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/29/game-thrones-season-6-bran

Just reading the headline about the exploring of the past and the future has lead me to realize........that the D's have a way for the boob quota, even in the cave.  I'm sure lots of almost rapes and all happened under some weirwoods and on the weirwood net, right?  LOL and RME 

Because everyone has sex in front of their holy places. Not the least bit blasphemous.

Maybe the D's put themselves in the camp of "Rhaegar raped Lyanna" and we are going to see that on screen now??? And of course, when Jon meets Dany, she being a sibling to Rhaegar, he will take his revenge on her for revenges sake and not at all to defend Westeros in anyway.

Seems likely: Bobby Baratheon was such a nice guy tm.

Holy crap. Found it here. I'll be sleeping with Mr. Hands, YourSister, and the light on tonight.

You'll never look at cheese doodles the same way again. Just as I'll never look at Frey Bentos pies the same way, after Dance.

Some of GRRM's short stories and novellas are excellent, eg Sandkings, the Ice Dragon, the Skin Trade, the Monkey Treatment, a Song for Lya.

The best of all, in my view, is In the Lost Lands, which is a fantasy story, a horror story, and above all, a sad romance.

Bloodraven's doggie! :lol:

No, Spot can't be Leaf's doggie! Run away!!!

Maybe Meera. If they bring her back. They don't really need her, they can just have Batfinger tell her stories.

Did anyone hear anything about Ellie Kendrick filming? She is mentioned on IMDb she will appear in 6x01 but I never heard anything from her filming. (On the other side, she is appearing in her own projects. I would happy for her if she could distance herself from GoT. But I want Meera! She cannot just disappear )

About BR being the bad guy ... In the Bran reread I wrote actually a rather large piece about the similarities between BR and Satan (You know the big evil guy). A lot of his characteristics does reminded me of old folklore regarding Satan or satanism: colors of black and red, persuasion of Bran in his dreams, (maybe) the third eye, the entire atmosphere in the caves (bones, ...), his preference for darkness over light, his albinism (in some cultures albinos are regarded as demons), according to Mel he is the Great Other, ... 

So he is indeed set up as someone bad. During the witch trials he would certainly put on the stake. IMO If he would not a member of the Targ family, the poor people would have killed him because they believe his albinism made him evil. 

The mystery is however if he is indeed a bad guy. Is GRRM warning us of something ominous going to happen in the cave and we must be careful around BR or is he playing with us by using those signs which are traditional used for the dark characters (bad witches, sorceresses, ....). Personally, I don't think he is real evil character and he is fighting for what he believes is the greater good (whatever that is ). However I do see him sacrificing a little kid for that greater good; which is in congruent with the Old Lord Brynden Rivers, the machiavellian. I see him as a sort of Dumbledore of Harry Potter. 

Even while he is not in real life present in the books, GRRM did achieve in making BR very interesting. Nobody really knows what his plan is, some people even think he is involved in everything happening in the books (f.e. BR warging the boar killing Robert), he is present as one-eyed animals, Mormont's raven, Coldhands, ... I really love how mysterious he is. But D&D actually already failed in his character. The only times he "appeared" before 4x10, were the few Bran's dreams. There is no raven, no one-eyed animals, ... I really think they will even fail making himself as mysterious or ominous as he is in Bran's chapters. 

I am however putting my whole faith in the actor ^_^ so it might be turn into something good. However actors can do that much with bad writing. 

And there's those theories that maybe Brynden is Melisandre's father, and Shiera Seastar her mother ... can you imagine the look on her face when she stares into the flames and finds her own red-eyed father staring back at her. 

On the OT: Be safe, Tijgy, and everyone else this holiday weekend, wherever you are. 

Thanks. I will. 

Did anyone hear anything about Ellie Kendrick filming? She is mentioned on IMDb she will appear in 6x01 but I never heard anything from her filming. (On the other side, she is appearing in her own projects. I would happy for her if she could distance herself from GoT. But I want Meera! She cannot just disappear )

About BR being the bad guy ... In the Bran reread I wrote actually a rather large piece about the similarities between BR and Satan (You know the big evil guy). A lot of his characteristics does reminded me of old folklore regarding Satan or satanism: colors of black and red, persuasion of Bran in his dreams, (maybe) the third eye, the entire atmosphere in the caves (bones, ...), his preference for darkness over light, his albinism (in some cultures albinos are regarded as demons), according to Mel he is the Great Other, ...

So he is indeed set up as someone bad. During the witch trials he would certainly put on the stake. IMO If he would not a member of the Targ family, the poor people would have killed him because they believe his albinism made him evil.

The mystery is however if he is indeed a bad guy. Is GRRM warning us of something ominous going to happen in the cave and we must be careful around BR or is he playing with us by using those signs which are traditional used for the dark characters (bad witches, sorceresses, ....). Personally, I don't think he is real evil character and he is fighting for what he believes is the greater good (whatever that is ). However I do see him sacrificing a little kid for that greater good; which is in congruent with the Old Lord Brynden Rivers, the machiavellian. I see him as a sort of Dumbledore of Harry Potter.

Even while he is not in real life present in the books, GRRM did achieve in making BR very interesting. Nobody really knows what his plan is, some people even think he is involved in everything happening in the books (f.e. BR warging the boar killing Robert), he is present as one-eyed animals, Mormont's raven, Coldhands, ... I really love how mysterious he is. But D&D actually already failed in his character. The only times he "appeared" before 4x10, were the few Bran's dreams. There is no raven, no one-eyed animals, ... I really think they will even fail making himself as mysterious or ominous as he is in Bran's chapters.

I am however putting my whole faith in the actor [emoji5] so it might be turn into something good. However actors can do that much with bad writing.

Thanks. I will.

Bloodraven is an enigma in the books, let alone the series. He seems to have been the virtual dictator of Westeros, under Aenys II and Maekar, and he had no qualms about murdering Septons who spoke of turn, or claimants to the Iron Throne. At the same time, he was highly competent. Who knows what his plans are now?

Bloodraven was a Targ purist through and through. He fought for the right side during the Blackfyre rebellions and committed Guest Rights against one of his own nephews that he lured to Westeros under safe passage for the "Great Council" which eventually put "Egg" on the Iron Throne. This act is why Aegon V (Egg) sent him to the Night's Watch.  My suspects that he will be the big reveal that Jon is the true King of Westeros and he will need Bran to help make that happen. Mel is confused as has been proven time and time again. She is her own "unreliable narrator" regarding her "visions". The Others or White Walkers have a hierarchy and society all of their own which is yet to be revealed.

Bloodraven was a Targ purist through and through. He fought for the right side during the Blackfyre rebellions and committed Guest Rights against one of his own nephews that he lured to Westeros under safe passage for the "Great Council" which eventually put "Egg" on the Iron Throne. This act is why Aegon V (Egg) sent him to the Night's Watch.  My suspects that he will be the big reveal that Jon is the true King of Westeros and he will need Bran to help make that happen. Mel is confused as has been proven time and time again. She is her own "unreliable narrator" regarding her "visions". The Others or White Walkers have a hierarchy and society all of their own which is yet to be revealed.

Yeah, but that was quite some time ago. And he was also kinda screwed over by Egg and the system in the meantime, so it isn't unfeasable that he went all "Fuck humanity" when he became a tree. He is a wildcard so far, Martin has still every option. I personally hope he and the children are allied with the Others. Just because it would be interesting to see how Bran sitting in enemy territory will work out.

Yeah, but that was quite some time ago. And he was also kinda screwed over by Egg and the system in the meantime, so it isn't unfeasable that he went all "Fuck humanity" when he became a tree. He is a wildcard so far, Martin has still every option. I personally hope he and the children are allied with the Others. Just because it would be interesting to see how Bran sitting in enemy territory will work out.

Yes and No. Egg did not want to send him but the kind or ruler Egg wanted to be was one that was trusted. Violation of Guest Rights but the then "Hand of the King, Bloodraven" was something he had to punish. Bloodraven seemed, according to the World Book ok with it as if he intended to go North of the Wall anyway and it was a way to get rid of a pretender and get some use out of the situation. I agree that there is a Wildcard as far as his true motivations are. I cannot wait for the Book, show too but the book more.

That is why Bloodraven is so interesting because everyone has his own ideas what his goals are. He is indeed a real enigma. And I am of course afraid he will not be that mysterious at the show. I mean ... IIRC we do not really know what Varys' plans are. What does he really want? On the show he just has some marxist ideas. He is not really that mysterious IMO. 

Did anyone hear anything about Ellie Kendrick filming? She is mentioned on IMDb she will appear in 6x01 but I never heard anything from her filming. (On the other side, she is appearing in her own projects. I would happy for her if she could distance herself from GoT. But I want Meera! She cannot just disappear )

-snipped-

Just a wild thought, but do you think there may be a chance that she will become Meera paste? I know this a contentious idea regarding Jojen, but since Jojen was killed by skeletons and fireballs, maybe the D's pasted Meera to get rid of her early too? That would suck because I like book Meera and the D's have never really used her the right way. Her and Asha. They really flattened Asha's character. 

Oh gawd. I just read the IMDb page for S6 Ep1 and there is a Sand Fake listed. :mellow:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3658014/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5

Archived