Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5/S 6 speculation continued [book and show spoilers]

kissdbyfire

And you're right, it's just a matter of time before they mess up Bran, too. At this point, there's no one to care about, and no hope, it's just an endless parade of degradation and suffering.

Don't make me rue my words. But I've been thinking about Bran's last Dance chapters and how he is both abusing his warg ability on poor Hodor and starting to become aware of his attraction to Meera. I remembered the lines in which he thought about comforting Meera as Hodor (and if my memories aren't fooling me, at one point he mused telling her "I love you" as Hodor imagining her aghast reaction).

Now I'm thinking D&Ds approach to that attraction will be Bran warging Hodor and rape Meera or something. Now that would be edgy... And again, don't make me eat my words...

Don't make me rue my words. But I've been thinking about Bran's last Dance chapters and how he is both abusing his warg ability on poor Hodor and starting to become aware of his attraction to Meera. I remembered the lines in which he thought about comforting Meera as Hodor (and if my memories aren't fooling me, at one point he mused telling her "I love you" as Hodor imagining her aghast reaction).

Now I'm thinking D&Ds approach to that attraction will be Bran warging Hodor and rape Meera or something. Now that would be edgy... And again, don't make me eat my words...

One thing in favor of that not happening, if it's real love in the books, they barely show it at all.

My television would not survive this scene. I am still annoyed at what happened to the Reeds kids during season four. 

(I was just thinking this thread started to become very long, no?)

Leave Meera alone; I like her... but you know what could be even more shocking? Meerapaste, just saying.

~~~~snip~~~~

Also, the Showdown at the Winterhell Corral is already unintentionally funny, a standoff between Super Ramsay, Pimp Daddy, Vanilla Snow, Rover, Empowered by Rape Fansa, and a giant.

Showdown at the Winterhell Corral!  Priceless!  and don't forget, Theon get's to watch and cry over it. 

Leave Meera alone; I like her... but you know what could be even more shocking? Meerapaste, just saying.

Why don't we settle on both? First raped by Hodor, then killed offscreen. What drama! I can already see the Emmys piling up!

Well, considering that I myself don't think there is much to the Jojen-paste theory, I haven't even conceived anything in that regard.

Why don't we settle on both? First raped by Hodor, then killed offscreen. What drama! I can already see the Emmys piling up!

Well, considering that I myself don't think there is much to the Jojen-paste theory, I haven't even conceived anything in that regard.

Arghhh!   Don't even speak it, such 'edginess' just might happen.  I'm not into Jojenpaste either and it might be too subtle of an idea for the D's as well.  (hope, hope, hope)  I was so excited to the Reeds when they finally showed up on the show, liked the casting and then...............  you know the rest, it sucked. 

Arghhh!   Don't even speak it, such 'edginess' just might happen.  I'm not into Jojenpaste either and it might be too subtle of an idea for the D's as well.  (hope, hope, hope)  I was so excited to the Reeds when they finally showed up on the show, liked the casting and then...............  you know the rest, it sucked. 

And let's take a moment to remember that Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Jojen) received the Ian McElhinney treatment. To a degree, that is. I think they didn't make public jokes with him. 

SMH

Snow ninja.  That is a dynamic line.  I like it.  

The show has definitely gotten trollish.  Like, how all of a sudden Selmy started showing up in all the scenes telling tender stories....boom, he's dead.  Although, truth be told, the author has gotten a little trollish as time has gone on as well.

Euron, the hot pirate, I'm certain will give us my titilating and dynamic action.  I can't wait.

A lack of vision in my part, I failed to be shocking enough:(. Let us pile on the Emmys!

Jojenpaste is bogus, the Ds obviously didn't read the books, or at least FeastDance (Cliffnotes doesn't count), so I doubt they even know Bran/Meera is a thing.

I am inclined to believe the casting department was pretty spot on for most of the characters (three huge exceptions come to mind), the problem is completely on the script and the execution of it.

A)  I'm not liking that paragraph disparaging Momoa's Drogo and Dothraki.  But, I forgive it all just for finding the below GIF in the comments.  GO BUG GO!!

Duck Season?

I was planning having vacations but I had to interrupt them for a whole more week. Yesterday we finished, so me and Jon are hitting the beaches... I have actually close ho-- wait, we can't go to the beach because el Niño... I dunno, we'll find something to do :dunno:

I hope you come to terms with el Nino and get that vacation in, Jon is sporting some good shades for it.  

Snow ninja.  That is a dynamic line.  I like it.  

The show has definitely gotten trollish.  Like, how all of a sudden Selmy started showing up in all the scenes telling tender stories....boom, he's dead.  Although, truth be told, the author has gotten a little trollish as time has gone on as well.

Euron, the hot pirate, I'm certain will give us my titilating and dynamic action.  I can't wait.

Yep. There definitely won't be any "surprising twists" anymore because now we'll be able to see them from a mile away, as the characters will tell us either through dialogue or just being there.

We all know Jon is coming back. You don't even need to hear about the leaked set photos of Kit to know that, we know this because Sam outright told us in the most unsubtle way ever "HE ALWAYS COMES BACK" (I'm surprised they didn't have Sam wink at the audience in that scene) and Melisandre shows up at the Wall literally a few seconds before Jon gets Olly'd. 

The show really sucks at foreshadowing, characters will now just tell the audience whats going to happen.

Brienne says she's going to avenge Renly. Oh shit, she avenged Renly, didn't see that coming.

Jaime says he wants to die in the arms of the woman he loves. Right after he looks at Tarth. Oh shit, he's gonna melt in the arms of Brienne. Didn't see that coming.

Dany says she's going "to break the wheel" in the most deadpan way possible (Director: "I could tell Emilia to change her facial expression, but I've got a big sequence at Hardhome to focus on, I'm tired and I wanna go home"). There you have it, D&D just spoiled the ending for you. Dany wins the Iron Throne and establishes democracy in most deadpan way possible, just like that. (I really hope I'm wrong about this because that's the most Disney-esque ending ever)

Oh, what's that? Sansa just had a touching (yet unintentionally hilarious) reunion with Rickon? They definitely won't use that as emotional manipulation and then punch us in the stomach later when Ramsay kills Rickon (what's funny about Rickon is that he's supposed to be 11 in season 6 but the actor is 14 and going through puberty. I mean, sure a little make-up can hide that acne but his voice is already deep, what 11 year old sounds like that? Will they edit his voice to sound younger?). 

Don't forget Cersei  is going to burn some cities to the ground!!!!  She has probably said that now more than Brienne blabbed about killing Stannis, so it's a done deal.  

Someone should keep a count to see if we end up with more "I will burn the city to the ground" statements by Lena or if the shots that panned to Olly looking angry will stand with the highest number of "foreshadowing" events.

Yep. There definitely won't be any "surprising twists" anymore because now we'll be able to see them from a mile away, as the characters will tell us either through dialogue or just being there.

We all know Jon is coming back. You don't even need to hear about the leaked set photos of Kit to know that, we know this because Sam outright told us in the most unsubtle way ever "HE ALWAYS COMES BACK" (I'm surprised they didn't have Sam wink at the audience in that scene) and Melisandre shows up at the Wall literally a few seconds before Jon gets Olly'd. 

The show really sucks at foreshadowing, characters will now just tell the audience whats going to happen.

Brienne says she's going to avenge Renly. Oh shit, she avenged Renly, didn't see that coming.

Jaime says he wants to die in the arms of the woman he loves. Right after he looks at Tarth. Oh shit, he's gonna melt in the arms of Brienne. Didn't see that coming.

Dany says she's going "to break the wheel" in the most deadpan way possible (Director: "I could tell Emilia to change her facial expression, but I've got a big sequence at Hardhome to focus on, I'm tired and I wanna go home"). There you have it, D&D just spoiled the ending for you. Dany wins the Iron Throne and establishes democracy in most deadpan way possible, just like that. (I really hope I'm wrong about this because that's the most Disney-esque ending ever)

Oh, what's that? Sansa just had a touching (yet unintentionally hilarious) reunion with Rickon? They definitely won't use that as emotional manipulation and then punch us in the stomach later when Ramsay kills Rickon (what's funny about Rickon is that he's supposed to be 11 in season 6 but the actor is 14 and going through puberty. I mean, sure a little make-up can hide that acne but his voice is already deep, what 11 year old sounds like that? Will they edit his voice to sound younger?). 

The Brienne one is probably my favourite. "I'm going to kill Stannis."

*Six episodes later, she kills Stannis.*

It's like they weren't even trying. Shireen might best be described as "floating foreshadowing." There is literally no character in the entire show with her decency, sweetness or naivete. It was like she'd stumbled in from a kids cartoon show. So even if we didn't know precisely when, we did know that the show would eventually stamp on her.

So yes, when Rickon and Sansa reunite, we all know what's going to happen.

And let's take a moment to remember that Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Jojen) received the Ian McElhinney treatment. To a degree, that is. I think they didn't make public jokes with him. 

SMH

Yeah, finding out you are going to die in your script is really professional, D&D. They were probably laughing at TBS when he called them with the question: do I really die in the last episode? 

I am inclined to believe the casting department was pretty spot on for most of the characters (three huge exceptions come to mind), the problem is completely on the script and the execution of it.

Nina Gold truly deserved that Emmy. 

I was rereading AGOT when I was on a train ride through a white! Belgium (there is a lot, a lot snow. That is so beautiful. For the Northerners this would probably just some summer snow but still ... Snow makes me happy :D). And I was reading one of Sansa's chapters which made me again mad at D&D for Winterhell: 

"The hot water made her think of Winterfell, and she took strength from that"

(When boy idiot wants to look at her father's face) "Yet she knew that beyond them was open country, farms and fields and forests, and beyond that, north and north an north again, stood Winterfell

She is so strong that chapter (and technically like her father by trying to internalize her rage and grief inside her - "Even now, he was a Stark of Winterfell, and his grief and his rage froze hard inside him") and take consolation in Winterfell as the symbol of her safety and her home. Thanks for taking all this away from her. 

Sansa did not need to be empowered. She was already strong and sadly she started to need to show this strength from the moment her father died so she would be safe as possible in KL (I wanted to use viper's nest but that reminded me a little to much of Oberyn so I could not really use that). 

Showdown at the Winterhell Corral!  Priceless!  and don't forget, Theon get's to watch and cry over it. 

Well, it's in a courtyard! :lol: Still trying to think of a catchy name for the giant.

Empowered by Rape Fansa sobbing over Rickon is definitely going to happen. Just before she screams that she wants to torture someone! Because torture is so her.

(Come to think of it, maybe Fansa and LF fuck just before he kills Rickon. Because, shock, and then shock!)

Let's see, there's a collection of those tender moments with young 'uns just before they die:

Satannis and Shireen, Larry and Myrcella, Fansa and Rickon, ...

And what about Sweetrobin? Maybe there will be a tender moment with that super great guy, the misunderstood hero of the North, LF. Just before he kills him.

Surely they are going to knock Sweetrobin off. In the books, he'll probably sit on the iron throne in the end, but the show will replace him with St. Tyrion.

Don't forget Cersei  is going to burn some cities to the ground!!!!  She has probably said that now more than Brienne blabbed about killing Stannis, so it's a done deal.  

Someone should keep a count to see if we end up with more "I will burn the city to the ground" statements by Lena or if the shots that panned to Olly looking angry will stand with the highest number of "foreshadowing" events.

Interesting. Two days ago I predictated that to an unsullied acquaintance and she seemed rather suprised about the notion. Well, she was bored out of her mind during most of the last season, so I guess she didn't listen, but I think that's exactly the kind of audience they try to reach. Well, they kinda failed since even she (without following any discussion here) said that they depicted Cersei as far too reasonable to go full Aerys III. like it is foreshadowed in the books.

And I was reading one of Sansa's chapters which made me again mad at D&D for Winterhell:

<snip>

Yes, they took Winterfell away from her. She would want to be anywhere but Winterhell now. She wanted to die where she was born. In the very same bed.

You know, if they think rape is so damned empowering, they could have at least 1) let her have her a happy first time having sex (which I think will be the case in the books, the bloody cloak is classic consummation foreshadowing) and 2) had it happen anywhere but Winterfell.

Barring that, why make it happen repeatedly? They turned her into the sex slave of the worst monster in the show. The beaten sex slave. So she could be Theon's torture buddy. I don't think Theon wants to go back. But she wants to go back. ???

Archived