Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5/S 6 speculation continued [book and show spoilers]

kissdbyfire

And after watching and admiring this, I remembered this episode was written by GRRM. 

GRRM also had Sandor call Arya wolf girl. He slipped in an animal reference. They no likey animals on this show. (He also slipped in him telling St. Tyrion to eat shit.)

IMPROVED FROM THE BOOKS???

OK I'm in a ranty mood after reading that WiC piece. Same ol' fanboy crap (could have come from some of our pals here, no?) Streamlining St. Tyrion's travels; killing off Mance (what a waste of time for poor Ciaran Hinds); "old friends" return (It's Jaqen Kind'ly Man! In a camo bathrobe! Olenna talking about stinking shit and shagging stableboys!) ; a "textured" Ramsay (the texture of ham and evil?); and HARDHOME GET HYPE. That's improvement, baybee, Hollywood style! 

And that cruise through beautiful, misty, green, lush, Valyria ... No boiling seas, no fiery mountains, just some pretty good-looking ruins and just some guys who look like they survived an explosion at the Pillsbury biscuit factory. 

Laughing at the bold! :lol:

That list was terribly formatted. Can someone list them for me? Tyrion's journey is improved only if you care not a whit for his character development. 

In Blackwater Cersei actually referred to the "weapon between her legs". 

This scene was amazing. I really miss this Cersei and Lena can play her!

And after watching and admiring this, I remembered this episode was written by GRRM. 

I don't understand why they had to change Cersei's character so drastically. For me, Blackwater will forever be the high point of the show.

I laughed at the Pillsbury biscuit factory :D

I spent the last weeks at amusing myself by watching a police tv show made in my own country (which was really amazing and really fun if you know almost each guest actor - why do I actually keep watching American tv, when a lot of Flemish shows are just amazing?)

so I missed the spoilers of the last weeks. So did I miss something important? 

That list was terribly formatted. Can someone list them for me? Tyrion's journey is improved only if you care not a whit for his character development. 

I don't understand why they had to change Cersei's character so drastically. For me, Blackwater will forever be the high point of the show.

5° Tyrion's journey to Meereen is streamlined (about the fact no Griff, ... )

4°  Mance is killed for good

3° Old friends return (about the fact we see Olenna, Jaqen and Bronn back)

2° Ramsay Bolton's character is more textured (he is more complex than in the books, his relationship with Myranda gives him a level of normalcy (???????????), he is shown to be vulnerable)

1° Hardhome reveals the real stakes of the series: we finally saw why the danger of the WW is real. (I actually am not so happy with Hardhome)

Ramsay Bolton's character is more textured (he is more complex than in the books, his relationship with Myranda gives him a level of normalcy (???????????), he is shown to be vulnerable)

1° Hardhome reveals the real stakes of the series: we finally saw why the danger of the WW is real. (I actually am not so happy with Hardhome)

You know what else is 'textured'?  Horse manure.   Just sayin'.

Yeah, #2 and #1 really annoy me. If anything, Ramsey is every bit as one dimensional in the show as he is in the books. In the show, he's not textured, he's simply a villain sue who can take down Stannis' army with just twenty good men.

As for #1, we KNOW the stakes by reading the books. We know the stakes because we know there are dead things in the water. We've been with Bran, Hodor, the Reeds, and Coldhands. The show takes that and beats us over the head with it.

The show also showed us the stakes for humanity in the VERY FIRST SCENE, with Waymar Royce, Gared and Will, and the little blue-eyed girl. And at the Fist. And so on. We know the Walker army is coming. The Wildlings knew it as well. Other than the Harryhausen SuperSpeedy SkelewightsTM  and confirming that Valyrian steel is dragonsteel and will shatter a damn Other, what else did we learn? 

As for Ramsay, all I can say is WTF. That's an IMPROVEMENT? The real scary character is supposed to be Roose, not Ramsay. In the show, Roose is relegated to tertiary status to prop up Ramsay's character "development." Just like Theon. Just like Sansa. 

This past season was not about any Game of Thrones. It was a Game of Goofballs: Olly, Olyvar, Ramsay and Bronn. 

The problem isn't that Ramsay is or not textured. The problem is WHY they decided to.

What's the reason for us to have him as a fully fleshed characters instead of being the monster he really is?

You just got to love the textured Ramsay whilst Theon is reduced to screaming Reek and long looks for five/six episodes on a row. 

You just got to love the textured Ramsay whilst Theon is reduced to screaming Reek and long looks for five/six episodes on a row. 

Hey, Theon got to watch Sansa "become a woman"! Character development, Hollywood style! 

Hey, Theon got to watch Sansa "become a woman"! Character development, Hollywood style! 

Let's not forget Sansa's textured "I'm going to make this random man I've never heard before about mine because..." and Roose doing nothing other than propping up Ramsay. Actually, they were all propping up Ramsay. 

I don't hate Ramsay as a character, he is exactly what he is suppose to be a "Villain" but I think giving him a vulnerability would of actually made the character a lot more interesting. Myranda just seems more like an after thought to him then an actual "vulnerability". He didn't seem to budge at all when he was to be wed Sansa, Unlike Myranda who got really mad over the fact that Ramsay was gonna marry Sansa. And I assume he won't react at all when he finds out Myranda is dead. (Unless they are gonna suddenly give him a "Human" moment *sigh*) The only time I saw him get scared or anything of the sort was when Roose told him about his wife being pregnant and that it was a boy.

I haven't read the article, both because I haven't had the time to and because I don't want to have to gouge my own eyes out, but does this sum it up?

2° Ramsay Bolton's character is more textured (he is more complex than in the books, his relationship with Myranda gives him a level of normalcy (???????????), he is shown to be vulnerable)

If so, what a load of horsecrap. Firstly its bad technically speaking because even if it was better than the books (it isn't - it's a lot worse), it wouldn't have 'improved' them because the books are still the same. However, the only way the show 'improved' the books in this sense is that they made the books seem better because the show is just so shit.

I'm not going to go on about how they are wrong on every level because that would take forever and I should really be in bed right now, but wow, that article is bad.

wicnet clearly posted that as a troll to get people to angrily respond on their website, poor show.  You can tell it's a troll when they use "Bronn in Dorne" as a means to "prove" one of their points. 1/10 must try harder.

Hey, next season we get Bronn in the Riverlands! Yippie!

Archived