Wise Man's Fear XI

Michael Seswatha Jordan

45 minutes ago, scortius the charioteer said:

Yeah I saw that.  Maybe now that Ambrose has been elected he can get back to writing.

Poor Pat is so sensitive that it will probably be another year and a half before he can even think about writing again.

• 2 weeks later...

It's very recent, to my surprise. He's quite open about how he prefers to spend time playing Fallout and actually says that most of his fans prefer to see him play Fallout as well. There's also a number of digs at fans who complained to him about the third book being so late. He seems to find it offensive to be asked about it, and also states that far too much attention is paid to a small minority of people who criticize his work effort, whereas presumable on his part, a larger majority of his fans is happy with his complete lack of either updates, or output.

The true irony is that Fallout 4 turned out to be a bit disappointing. I mean, if he's really put that much time into it he should have finished the game and its DLC twice over by now.

On 23/11/2016 at 1:08 AM, Werthead said:

The true irony is that Fallout 4 turned out to be a bit disappointing. I mean, if he's really put that much time into it he should have finished the game and its DLC twice over by now.

I've never seen his Fallout streams, but I've caught his Overwatch stream. He was horribly uncoordinated and could barely move and fire at the same time. It won't be surprising if he needs several times more time than others to complete the game.

11 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I just don't think KKC will translate well to screen

The biggest worry whenever a musician is depicted on screen is that the music won't live up to it's source book, and with this one how could it when the protagonist is supposed to be super talented at it?  Srsly it almost never works.  However, the only times it has are times the music has been written by an outside actually talented songwriter, so I can hope a little. However, it's been a while since someone has written music specifically for lute, that more than like 5 people listen to, I'm guessing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I haven't read the article yet as I type this, but, duh.

Edit: Pfft, the dude quote din the article is a fuck face, but that article ignores soo much of what Pat does on social media these days. I mean the dude had a should a write the book or play this video game poll, then played th video game. tl,dr: Dude has an attitude problem. Really though I'm just repeating my self and what others here have said. I shall vanish back into the woodwork.

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

Well, I haven't read the article yet as I type this, but, duh.

Edit: Pfft, the dude quote din the article is a fuck face, but that article ignores soo much of what Pat does on social media these days. I mean the dude had a should a write the book or play this video game poll, then played th video game. tl,dr: Dude has an attitude problem. Really though I'm just repeating my self and what others here have said. I shall vanish back into the woodwork.

the article is a typical puff-piece. expect more of this whitewashing finger-waving as we get nearer to the tv series. 

Archived