Marvel Netflix - AKA the Second Thread

The BlackBear

I'm so happy Marvel and Netflix renewed Jessica Jones i was gettig a little worried but phew. Anyway im hoping this year we hear who will be playing my boy Danny Rand and what kknd of supporting cast he'll have. Defenders has to be my most anticipated show ever.

si3aTYF.jpg

9 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

I had no idea that the showrunner for this show adapted all the Twilight books for the silver screen... Incredible.

On 1/26/2016 at 9:12 AM, Jon AS said:

That is basically the one exception. One memorable action scene in an action show that is now halfway through its third year. And that scene happened at the end of the second season.

Some of May's fights are decent, but for the most part the action isn't much more interesting than your average cop or spy show.

The fight between Bobbie and Ward + girlfriend was pretty good. Mainly because it had a much better emotional component than most fights.

4 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

I had no idea that the showrunner for this show adapted all the Twilight books for the silver screen... Incredible.

As some one who read all the books and has seen 3/5ths of the films, they weren't actually terrible adaptations, they were better than the books. Now that my hard won manly man's man reputation is in tatters: :leaving:

2 hours ago, Myrddin said:

Whilst i havent personally seen it people tell me she wrote some of the best Dexter episodes

7 hours ago, Myrddin said:

7 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

As some one who read all the books and has seen 3/5ths of the films, they weren't actually terrible adaptations, they were better than the books. Now that my hard won manly man's man reputation is in tatters: :leaving:

Yeah, you can't really blame someone when they have pretty shit material to work from. I'm impressed you could get through all the books. I read the first one and could barely stomach getting all the way through it. The idea of reading on through the series never once entered my mind.

I see she's also named as writing the Highlander remake. TBH I see no reason why this movie should be remade. Escept perhaps to remake Highlander 2 and 3 into actually good movies worthy of being sequels to Highlander.

11 hours ago, Kalbear said:

I would prefer Iron Fist to be vaguely capable at martial arts. 

There was a rumour floating around months ago that Ryan Phillipe had been in talks with marvel netflix. He has a black belt in tae kwan do too. The rumours were shot down but considering the part has been cast maybe there was something to it?

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, The King In Black said:

Is Kingpin not around this time ? Anyway, this is looking amazing. Bernthal often doesn't get the credit he deserves. Fairly confident this will be aces.

I'm wondering this too. I know some people were speculating he and his girlfriend would be the focus of the courtroom-drama aspects of the second season. 

Also I hope IMDB is right about Scott Glen appearing as Stick in two episodes. 

Archived