Marvel Netflix - AKA the Second Thread

The BlackBear

4 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

It's hard to top the Purple Man, but I'd assume he'd show up in flashbacks and continue to effect her in S2. There are some interesting things they could and probably should pull from the comics like... Comic spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Baby Danielle Jones-Cage & Patsy Wlaker: Hellcat. I'm not sure if we could get Spider-Woman or if that falls under the Sony umbrella of Marvel, though.

@spoiler Or Marvel want to keep her in the back pocket in case they want to bring her out for the MCU, and if you create a direct character cross over you can't pretend these shows exist in a slightly out of phase universe with the movies.

9 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I dunno about teasing a Jessica-Trish dynamic. Rosenberg said she is definitely going to flesh out their relationship a lot more. But it's only the fans who are shipping them; if that's what you mean by teasing their dynamic.

She does acknowledge that fans ship them but to me Rosenberg came across as more interested in the friendship than a romantic relationship

On 17/08/2016 at 10:41 PM, Bastard of Boston said:

Not Netflix related, but I'm not sure it's ready for a full-fledged topic yet. Runaways is heading for Hulu. I loved this series -- it's one of the series which got me back into comics after a long time away.

http://deadline.com/2016/08/hulu-marvels-runaways-series-josh-schwartz-stephanie-savage-marvel-comics-1201799746/

Curious that it isn't Netflix or ABC. Weren't some of the parents characters Marvel couldn't use? Maybe that's why it might be a separate entity and take advantage of the friendlier terms with Fox in terms of TV.

I'd love them to make an honest adaptation but I worry this might be a let down.

16 hours ago, red snow said:

Curious that it isn't Netflix or ABC. Weren't some of the parents characters Marvel couldn't use? Maybe that's why it might be a separate entity and take advantage of the friendlier terms with Fox in terms of TV.

I'd love them to make an honest adaptation but I worry this might be a let down.

I think Marvel is trying to expand their shows. I don't think they want to put all their shows on just two networks. 

They have AOS on ABC

Six shows on Netflix

A show in development on Freeform

And now one on Hulu

• 2 weeks later...

On 20/08/2016 at 2:11 AM, The Wolves said:

I think Marvel is trying to expand their shows. I don't think they want to put all their shows on just two networks. 

They have AOS on ABC

Six shows on Netflix

A show in development on Freeform

And now one on Hulu

Netflix is relatively safe as their binge releases means it doesn't really compete with ABC. I guess Hulu does binge releases/shows that don't require ads for the timeslot.

It depends on the teams involved. Netflix has a good track record with their teams so far but I've no idea how much of that is netflix and how much that's Marvel.

On 8/17/2016 at 4:41 PM, Bastard of Boston said:

Not Netflix related, but I'm not sure it's ready for a full-fledged topic yet. Runaways is heading for Hulu. I loved this series -- it's one of the series which got me back into comics after a long time away.

http://deadline.com/2016/08/hulu-marvels-runaways-series-josh-schwartz-stephanie-savage-marvel-comics-1201799746/

Damn, I loved that initial run by BKV. But if he isn't involve din the TV show, then I'm on the fence about it at best. Curious to see if they include Gertrude's dino, Old Lace. That CGI won't be cheap without looking cheezy.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bastard of Boston said:

I've had a crush on Misty Knight for so long -- cannot wait to see her, in the flesh and robot arm, come next weekend.

Great character... I wonder if they're going to mention Tony Stark regarding her arm...  I hope we get to see the flashback to that moment, anyway

One more week. Ive read some reviews and they are mostly positive, the guy who plays Cottonmouth has been getting so much praise. I hope this series does just as well as its predecessors. 

I'm not surprised. He was great as a lobbyist in House of Cards. And we get Theo Rossi as Shades to boot.

And yeah, so far the Marvel tv shows have cured the huge villain problem the movies have.

6 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

Great character... I wonder if they're going to mention Tony Stark regarding her arm...  I hope we get to see the flashback to that moment, anyway

Or maybe the arm  situation will play out on Netflix...

Archived