Marvel Netflix - AKA the Second Thread

The BlackBear

So... we're getting around that time where we start asking what time the Netflix shows usually go up and in what territories. It's been Sept 30 here for nearly 12 hours, after all. :)  (and it is being advertised on the Aussie Netflix site as releasing Sept 30).

Basically, I have a pretty busy weekend ahead and I'm hoping I'll get to watch a bunch of episodes this evening. And from memory, the past few shows were available Friday evening. If they release everywhere simultaneously and at midnight in the US, that would put it right around 3pm here, which fits.

(Oh - and Monday is a public holiday here as well. And while Saturday and Sunday are pretty much fully booked, I don't really have anything planned for Monday. So that will be a good chance to get through a lot of it)

1 hour ago, AndrewJ said:

So... we're getting around that time where we start asking what time the Netflix shows usually go up and in what territories. It's been Sept 30 here for nearly 12 hours, after all. :)  (and it is being advertised on the Aussie Netflix site as releasing Sept 30).

Basically, I have a pretty busy weekend ahead and I'm hoping I'll get to watch a bunch of episodes this evening. And from memory, the past few shows were available Friday evening. If they release everywhere simultaneously and at midnight in the US, that would put it right around 3pm here, which fits.

(Oh - and Monday is a public holiday here as well. And while Saturday and Sunday are pretty much fully booked, I don't really have anything planned for Monday. So that will be a good chance to get through a lot of it)

Midnight PDT

2 hours ago, AndrewJ said:

It says 30 Sept for AU and NZ. So I expect it to be available earlyish evening. It's 8:45PM in LA right now, so that means 3 1/4 hours from now it will be available in AU and NZ. So that's 8PM at my house. 6PM in east Aus assuming you're on daylight savings.

12 hours ago, The Wolves said:

I still don't know why we need a Punisher series. 

I heard rumors that Marvel was thinking about doing a White Tiger series on Nexflix  cause the character Angela Del Toro has a history with Daredevil, Luke Cage and Ironfist. Someone also said that Jessica in season 1 name dropped her name she's also a private detective. 

The White Tiger rumour has been floating for a while. I'm assuming they'd go for one of the female iterations - given the ratio is currently skewed in their shows. I think the one who was an actual tiger could make for the most unique show as there's a danger of her being a bit like Black Panther (or CW's Vixen) otherwise. That said, JJ and Luke Cage are very similar - it's the execution that matters.

As for the Punisher - he does bring a different aspect to the Marvel Universe in that he is just a guy with guns and there's the whole killing aspect. That makes him unique for Marvel even if it isn't so unique for TV. Plus, Jon Bernthal was great. Could the show have legs without getting repetitive? I've no idea but I'll certainly be giving it a shot.

Should have been watching Episode 1 right now but my girlfriend has created moving chaos :(

23 minutes ago, mormont said:

Already done by Martell Spy.

As with JJ, we'll use the series-specific thread as the spoiler thread and the general Netflix thread will be spoiler-free.

Actually, we have always discussed the episodes under spoiler tags with the episode numbers labeled without the tag for the first month or so after a show is released. That way everyone can freely go to the thread and read it whether they are through the entire series or not, and we can discuss episodes that we have already seen without being spoiled. 

Archived