Battle of the Vale ?

redeagl

[spoiler] in the Alaynne web chapter, isn't LF closing the ports after he buys up all the food supplies[/spoiler]

If Sansa stays alive I think this will be her primary aid to the North along with hopefully keeping SR alive and making LF a pauper.

If Danny and Tyrion land in the Vale than she can act as a negotiator between the Eyrie, RL and the North.

Having Sansa be in a position to ally the Vale with Dany (although unlikely) would be interesting to see.  Besides the IB, who might Dany rally to her cause in Westeros?

I do feel like Sansa and the Vale will be in a position to help The North with food and supplies as Winter rolls in.  Perhaps it will be a part of what convinces Sansa to make political moves into power and position herself against LF (or inspire her to backstab him).

Having Sansa be in a position to ally the Vale with Dany (although unlikely) would be interesting to see.  Besides the IB, who might Dany rally to her cause in Westeros?

When people of Westeros will see Dany with an army of Dothrakis and especially with her 3 dragons, there will be alot of Houses in line to join her cause. 

I think that Dorne and Baratheons will surely rally to Dany, Starks might aswell. The other ones through fear of her power, you know, something like being on the winners side. Also Tyrion might be a great tool in talking allies into joining Dany and help her with the titles and lands she will deliver to them if she takes the IT.

The question will be who fAegon will rally to his cause ? 

It will be a civil war, Royce vs Royce, Harry's or LF's death will kickstart it, Yohn will come in force to take SR who Nestor will not surrender as SR is his only bargaining chip to maintain the Gates of the Moon. Yohn will force Nestor back who will retreat back up the Eyrie before Tyrion conveniently arrives on Viserion and sorts the mess out and takes back his wife.

The IB is far more likely to back Dany in the end than Aegon. If the back either at all.

I don't think they will, not with their history.

“...No, these other sails … from farther east, perhaps … one hears queer talk of dragons.”
“Would that we had one here. A dragon might warm things up a bit.”
My lord jests. You will forgive me if I do not laugh. We Braavosi are descended from those who fled Valyria and the wroth of its dragonlords. We do not jape of dragons.”
No, I suppose not. “My apologies, Lord Tycho.”

I don't think they will, not with their history.

“...No, these other sails … from farther east, perhaps … one hears queer talk of dragons.”
“Would that we had one here. A dragon might warm things up a bit.”
My lord jests. You will forgive me if I do not laugh. We Braavosi are descended from those who fled Valyria and the wroth of its dragonlords. We do not jape of dragons.”
No, I suppose not. “My apologies, Lord Tycho.”

One would think that but I disagree. Yes Braavosi hated Valyrians and their dragons.  What is the first law of Braavos? Its not about dragons or Valyrians its about slavery.

The Braavosi have worked with the Targs in the past there was almost a marriage between the Targs and a Sealord of Braavos. So that isn't the issue as you said is dragons.

Yes dragons have returned to the world. Something I don't doubt terrified the Braavos.  However what stories are coming with the news of these dragons? Dragons freeing slaves... the exact opposite of the Valyrians.  Dany is using her dragons to free slaves which I think will gain her many admirers in Braavos. She has smashed Slavers Bay and disrupted the slave trader. There is a good bet she will sack Volantis on her way back to Westeros.

So do Braavos not like dragons of course, but they hate slavery far more.  This time that Dragons are freeing slaves instead of enslaving them.

• 1 month later...

Sure seems like Tyrion's got a lot to do in the Vale in giving it over to the Mountain Clans and reclaiming his wife.    I don't see Tyrion & Sansa together ever again.   Tyrion defied his terrifying father by refusing to sleep with her now he's going to take her against her will?   No way.   Tyrion knows how to do the right thing.   Take revenge upon a child?   Not in Tyrion's character.   The absolute worst he could muster was slapping that brat Joffrey. Little Robert has nothing to worry about coming from Tyrion.  The Mountain Clans were his men though, that's the danger.   Tyrion could find a way to make a better deal if he was so disposed which I think he will be if he learns that Sansa is at play in the Vale politics.   Little Finger on the other hand, has a whole lot to worry about from the demon monkey.   And I hope to read a full page of Petyr Baelish's fear of Tyrion and another sentence detailing how Tyrion made very short work of him.   Maybe he could just give that jerk over to the Mountain Clans and call it a day.  Maybe battle is too grand a word?   Perhaps scuffle will better encompass it since no one in the Vale actually likes or is loyal their Lord Protector or whatever LF's Vale title is.  

The Iron Born attacking Gulltown is an interesting proposition.  I suppose that will come down to how much or little Vic is able to bring to Dany's cause and what Euron's real plan is in everything.   I'm having a really hard time imagining fAegon even taking part in DOD 2.0.   He has nothing to bring to the party, certainly not a dragon.  That alone will tell who he is or isn't to the masses.   If fAegon's smart he will be the first to sign up on Team Dany.  Either someone opposed to her will get a dragon of their very own or one of her own dragons will be commandeered.   There are only 3 dragons after all and 7 kingdoms to conquer.  I don't look forward to endless tales of destruction and Dany's justice and Tyrion running around behind her cleaning the disasters up.   Hopefully her early time in Winds will mature her for the task of conquering Westeros.   We still need a Rhaegal rider for the invasion, preferably.   (Please not Euron.   Please not Vic, please please no maniacs...)

Dany landing a dragon in the Vale would be a thousand times more interesting to me.   For all it's worth.  

I do not think the IB will be involved with the Vale.  They seem to have their hands full meddling in the SW of Westeros around Oldtown, and the far East in Slaver's Bay.  Politically I can see Lords of The Vale wanting to be involved in the Northern politics, especially with Sansa assuming more influence or power AND LF setting up the Vale to buy up remaining food storages to later sell to other regions of Westeros (ahem, the North) when winter comes in full force.  Perhaps this will be where the Manderly and Umber fleet will come into play, either moving food into regions of the North or moving people OUT of the North due to The Others and the overall harshness of winter.  

As others have said, with winter coming, I am not sure how armies will be able to maneuver and mobilize very well.  

The Vale has been at peace for this long and the fact that it has all those natural defenses makes it unlikely anyone would try to invade the place. However Dany is the X factor here because he army would be coming by sea which makes a land invasion much easier, plus she has dragons which as Visenya had proven can easily bypass even the highest of mountains. With her dragons the Vale's defenses will be nullified and I can imagine her taking it with relative ease, especially if she gets there around the same time Littlefinger sends off the armies of the Vale to fight Sansa's wars.

Archived