Fear the Walking Dead II: The Apocalypse of Social Issues

Corvinus85

5 hours ago, HokieStone said:

Well, our Chris nightmare is over.  Interesting way they went about that, via "flashback".

I'm assuming the guy who caught Ophelia is with the same group that shot up Nick's group at the end.  I get the vibe that they're setting up some sort of right wing militia has taken over the border...the "Minutemen" or whatever they call themselves...

I think Chris could be alive. Those guys could have been lying. The whole thing didn't sit right. Travis went full uncle bully on them :rofl:

7 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Did you see both episodes?

Yeah, I understand why he flipped out, killing them was totally legit but accidentally slamming the other guys head in the door was the problem. Did I miss something in the second one? I didn't see anyone take care of him after Alice stabbed him through the heart. 

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 0:26 AM, HokieStone said:

Well, our Chris nightmare is over.  Interesting way they went about that, via "flashback".

I'm assuming the guy who caught Ophelia is with the same group that shot up Nick's group at the end.  I get the vibe that they're setting up some sort of right wing militia has taken over the border...the "Minutemen" or whatever they call themselves...

Yeah, my first thought was militia border patrol too. Which makes little sense because the threat is internal? I could see it if they were there making sure no infected came across the border but that was just a kill mission.

As to Travis, not sure what they are doing with him besides making a mess of it. Chris left him, not the other way around. Then he goes from pacifist to maniacal killer.

Then to have Alicia go from the far side away from the doctor to stabbing him without anyone stopping her also was pretty weak.

And we are set up for a reunion next season since Ophelia is likely captured by the same group that has Chris, and the main group is heading to that area to look for him.

Last we see of Strand?

I just wanna say how happy I am that we're done with Chris. It was even better that they took him out in a flashback scene.

I don't get that lady's nephew in the hotel. He went from teaching Alicia how to surf and veing really cool with her and Maddison after they rescued him to basically hating them. Now all of a sudden hes bff's with the people that took him hostage. All over Travis killing 2 guys that he's never really met before. Seemed odd to me. 

I really hope this isn't the last we see of Strand. He is awesome.

I agree that those guys were probably border patrol and that Chief Unser is probably with them, so a Nick and Ophelia reunion seems likely.

I'm kinda happy that 'I will fucking kill you real quick' Travis is here now. I'm actually pretty excited to see where things go in season 3. Or is it season 2b?

6 minutes ago, -Ghost- said:

I just wanna say how happy I am that we're done with Chris. It was even better that they took him out in a flashback scene.

I don't get that lady's nephew in the hotel. He went from teaching Alicia how to surf and veing really cool with her and Maddison after they rescued him to basically hating them. Now all of a sudden hes bff's with the people that took him hostage. All over Travis killing 2 guys that he's never really met before. Seemed odd to me. 

I really hope this isn't the last we see of Strand. He is awesome.

I agree that those guys were probably border patrol and that Chief Unser is probably with them, so a Nick and Ophelia reunion seems likely.

I'm kinda happy that 'I will fucking kill you real quick' Travis is here now. I'm actually pretty excited to see where things go in season 3. Or is it season 2b?

I think they were more upset about the the third guy who got his head slammed in the door. 

14 hours ago, dbunting said:

Last we see of Strand?

I was wondering that...but I doubt it.  Although, I can see them using Strand to connect the two shows.  He could be done on FTWD, and show up at some point in TWD.  They could have a Strand flashback episode, ala Morgan, where they show how he got across the U.S., and what he's been doing in the intervening years.  That would be a lot to cover in one episode, though.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2016-11-05 at 0:12 PM, Criston of House Shapper said:

I'm kind of disappointed we never met that woman from the airplane again. I mean, what was the point of those 16 minutes of nothing during the last twd-season?

Sure we did.  Alex.

To me, this show has to figure out a way to overcome some bad casting... Nick and Travis in particular are not very likable.... Cliff Curtis makes a much better villain, (He is great at playing an asshole) ... and Stephen Dillane has the personality of a sinus infection... Nick could be, should be, one of the most interesting characters on TV... and he plays it like an Emo at the prom 

... and somehow they managed to even make Kim Dickens boring.... that said... I think they can turn this around... this season can be a turning point --either way-- for this show...

• 4 weeks later...

Ugh.  Sure, ok, why not

Spoiler

kill Travis off just when he became not-annoying?

I like the four main players, Madison, Travis, Strand, and Nick as characters but not how their stories are written or interact with each other.  No faith in the writers.  Maybe I'm going to stop watching this show.

I was just starting to like Travis too. Nick and Madison are still my favorite characters. Strand is pretty awesome too though. I hope they make Nick a little more like what Madison has become this season. A little harder and more of a leader. I love Kim Dickens, but there is something about Frank Dillane that I really like. Its cool to see another Deadwood alum on the show. I had no idea Callie was joining the show.

• 1 month later...

I can't stop watching because I love Kim Dickens too.  But I don't understand her character's logic most of the time.  Her backstory is interesting, but reminded me of the backstory for Kate in LOST -- who told the whole story to Kim Dickens.

3 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

I can't stop watching because I love Kim Dickens too.  But I don't understand her character's logic most of the time.  Her backstory is interesting, but reminded me of the backstory for Kate in LOST -- who told the whole story to Kim Dickens.

I was glad to see her when the show premiered. Out of the original group Madison might be my favorite I think because she just doesn't give a fuck. Nick is ok too because he's a natural hustler.

I liked the finale... in a way, it kind of brought the core group into the same mindset that we --the viewers-- had going in... it seems like they've finally realized why they can't apply the same rules as when the world was sane... 

... also, I like Ophelia... and she was a great talk show guest afterwards.... terrific sense of humor

... there are a lot of loose threads... Luciana, Strand, & Salazar's stories are open ended... 

... as much as I like Dayton Callie as an actor, I wasn't sad to see Jeremiah go... they did a good job setting us up for the swerve.... he seemed like such a grounded dude... and slowly we came to see that he was a racist piece of shit...

I'm looking forward to seeing if Madison and Walker can coexist.... and speaking of Madison... her backstory seemed kind of forced... but maybe thats just me 

Archived