Fear the Walking Dead II: The Apocalypse of Social Issues

Corvinus85

44 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

I liked the finale... in a way, it kind of brought the core group into the same mindset that we --the viewers-- had going in... it seems like they've finally realized why they can't apply the same rules as when the world was sane... 

... also, I like Ophelia... and she was a great talk show guest afterwards.... terrific sense of humor

... there are a lot of loose threads... Luciana, Strand, & Salazar's stories are open ended... 

... as much as I like Dayton Callie as an actor, I wasn't sad to see Jeremiah go... they did a good job setting us up for the swerve.... he seemed like such a grounded dude... and slowly we came to see that he was a racist piece of shit...

I'm looking forward to seeing if Madison and Walker can coexist.... and speaking of Madison... her backstory seemed kind of forced... but maybe thats just me 

I wonder if they are going to combine camps at some point when it comes back.

2 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Probably, if only to combat a third party force seeking to kill 'em all.

That's more likely. 

22 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

I was thinking with the Otto boys gone, that is a possibility... at least with the Clark family... I think Walker likes Madison.

I think they'll be back at some point. 

On 7/12/2017 at 4:22 PM, Martini Sigil said:

I liked the finale... in a way, it kind of brought the core group into the same mindset that we --the viewers-- had going in... it seems like they've finally realized why they can't apply the same rules as when the world was sane... 

... also, I like Ophelia... and she was a great talk show guest afterwards.... terrific sense of humor

... there are a lot of loose threads... Luciana, Strand, & Salazar's stories are open ended... 

... as much as I like Dayton Callie as an actor, I wasn't sad to see Jeremiah go... they did a good job setting us up for the swerve.... he seemed like such a grounded dude... and slowly we came to see that he was a racist piece of shit...

I'm looking forward to seeing if Madison and Walker can coexist.... and speaking of Madison... her backstory seemed kind of forced... but maybe thats just me 

Slowly?  It was pretty immediate that he was revealed to be a racist piece of shit.  All of the preppers are, which is why I don't get why Madison or any of them are in that group.  

I also don't get why Madison has been given a leadership position, but that's just TWD for you.

15 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Slowly?  It was pretty immediate that he was revealed to be a racist piece of shit.  All of the preppers are, which is why I don't get why Madison or any of them are in that group.  

I also don't get why Madison has been given a leadership position, but that's just TWD for you.

Madison was concerned surviving and getting revenge on the people who killed Travis so maybe she was willing to make some compromises as far as that goes.

She seems to have earned the respect of Troy and Jake who didn't have the greatest relationship with their father. She saved the ranch at least temporarily from the Native Americans who want their land back. So I guess she sort of earned it by through some merit and I guess in a fucked up way by right of conquest after killing Jeremiah.  

• 2 months later...

Plans for a character to crossover from one show to another seems to be on, and apparently will happen soon.

Given location, it makes most sense that it would be

Spoiler

Abraham.

Given that the actor tweeted this...

...after this confirmed the crossover was happening...

... seems like it is a done deal.

This show never fails to annoy me... The whole "rubbing zombie guts all over you so you can blend in has turned into "I'll just wipe a little blood on my face"... and to make matters worse... Junkie Nick and stupid Jake are yapping away and hugging in the midst a group of walkers... It's like the showrunner just doesn;t care

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Spoiler

I was not super stoked about the prospect of mentally unstable Morgan being the crossover character from The Walking Dead, but this season opener was spectacular.
Technically, I guess that Jesus, Carol and Rick individually coming to Morgan's new digs in the landfill site were also crossovers. The only thing that their visits achieved was convincing Morgan that he really needed to put more space between himself and the Rick Nation if he was ever going to get his reclusive wish.
The fact that the regular Fear the Walking Dead cast didn't reappear until the last minutes of the show made no difference. With new characters like Al, the photojournalist, and John, the babbling gunslinger, who needs the old characters? 
Al is especially interesting. She is recording people's apocalyptic stories for broadcasters who no longer exist, which raises the hope that media outlets for her recordings and civilization may someday return. No one can argue with a woman whose ride is a SWAT vehicle armed with twin machine guns she can operate from the driver's seat. Shades of Mad Max! 
John's motivation, other than an apparent strong need for conversation, appears to be reuniting his six-shooter with its twin. I couldn't tell if he preferred recovering the gun with or without the woman who last had it. 
Great last line from Al to Alycia: "So, what the hell's your story"?

I like Al and John, I want to see more of the stories she's collected. I like how she kind of didn't believe Morgan. That's what leads me to believe he's going back at some point and taking at least her. I think he's going to teach Nick how to use the staff.

Also I had been under the impression that we were going to see batshit crazy Morgan on this and not this incarnation.

4.02 Another Day in the Diamond

A baseball stadium is an unexpected site for the latest settlement attempt by the survivors.
Spoiler

That gate would never withstand a walker horde or a militant group of scavengers. On the plus side, the place will never run out of seating.
Fortunately, the Vultures and their leader seem a bit less bloodthirsty than the Saviors and Negan. Luring the stray walkers in the stadium parking lot into a truck with a boombox on a bicycle was a much more efficient (and humorous) solution than taking them out individually by hand-to-hand slicing and dicing. I'm wondering how that standoff was resolved.
I didn't see the treachery from Charlie coming, although her fiddling with the radio was a clue that she was up to something.

Not sure why everything here is getting put in spoilers?

I thought it was pretty clear the little girl was the spy since she had the radio, the show isn't one for being subtle. The stadium idea is actually a good one although a football one would give you more land to farm, I think. Get one with natural grass and find a way to keep the water system flowing. All the suites make good housing and most current pro stadiums have good secure walls and steel gates. Just using Ford Field as example of the walls, you are not getting in there once the roll down steel doors are shut (yes it's a dome just talking walls).  This one seems to be weak just for plot reasons.

Are we to assume the Vultures are a bad group or just a group that knows a lot and can help other groups solve their problems, for a price?

As to Morgan going back to TWD..I think he just doesn't want to give up their location for their safety, never know who to trust. He did an interview somewhere mentioning he thought he would get killed off staying on TWD.

I for one am damn glad about the new "good guy" characters, liking them already and how they are interacting with the established group.

Archived