Corvinus

Fear the Walking Dead II: The Apocalypse of Social Issues

197 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Tears of Lys said:

Kid lover, huh?  :lol:  

That's how I used to feel too. 

These particular fictional teen characters can die, fictionally, yeah. As I would wish if they were this way as fictional adults.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still disappointed that they skipped over the collapse of civilization last season and have now jumped straight into to the military firebombing cities.  

The issue whether to to help the people in the other boat, kind of missed a step.  Strand saying no makes sense for his character.  But Travis should have had a little more talking through of how could they help them if they decided to try, before coming to the right decision to abandon them.   They don't know how long they'll be stuck on the boat with their existing supplies, nowhere safe to drop them off between the fires and the dead on shore.

Alicia basically spilling everything about the Abigail being the perfect boat to ride out the apocalypse in to her new friend Jack definitely sets up the next conflict. 

Sunday nights will get awfully crowded in a few weeks with GoT, Penny Dreadful, and Silicon Valley coming back, so hopefully Fear will do something soon to make me really want to DVR it and keep up with it.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:16 PM, -Ghost- said:

Im betting they are actual criminals. Normal people having a fast boat would be believable, but the damage done to that boat seems to much for just average people that just fled the city. 

FYI, Strand said his boat can go like 20 knots and the max is 29 knots(something close to that), that isn't very fast. It's like 22 mph and 32 mph respectively. My boat is not fast and it can go 40+ mph. Strands boat is "slow" due to the size and he is trying to conserve fuel and wear on the engines.

Looking at the amount of holes in the hull of the other boat leads me to think automatic gun fire and large caliber. Like a mounted 50 cal machine gun or something. Maybe a drug dealer or a stolen Coast Guard or Border Patrol skiff? They aren't big but they have guns, radio and are pretty fast.  Also, why shoot up and sink the other boat? I would kill the people and start a fleet or at least try to leave this boat someplace where I could get to it again. You'd have to recruit others but hey it worked for Negan!

I also agree that this seems too soon for pirating to have started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree, it was a great way of showing how things went to hell so fast. Imagine how many people just decided to kill themselves rather than live? The family we saw last night going to try until it got to be too much but some probably didn't try at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not hating this like a lot of people... but it does seem kind of devoid of action... they need a villain.

The zombies rising out of the ocean was kind of cool

Kim Dickens character is really, really boring.... She is the centerpiece of the show,,,,they better have her do something awesome soon.

I think that the naiveté of the cast is so annoying because we have all lived 5 years in the zombie apocalypse....besides Daniel and Victor,  they're all painfully clueless.... but that's only because we've lived through the Governor, Terminus & the Wolves

Lou Diamond Phillips and Lyndie Greenwood (giggity) were terrific Talking Dead guests

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

I'm not hating this like a lot of people... but it does seem kind of devoid of action... they need a villain.

The zombies rising out of the ocean was kind of cool

Kim Dickens character is really, really boring.... She is the centerpiece of the show,,,,they better have her do something awesome soon.

I think that the naiveté of the cast is so annoying because we have all lived 5 years in the zombie apocalypse....besides Daniel and Victor,  they're all painfully clueless.... but that's only because we've lived through the Governor, Terminus & the Wolves

Lou Diamond Phillips and Lyndie Greenwood (giggity) were terrific Talking Dead guests

I think them being naive is why I like it so much.  We see them change from the very beginning.  I'm going to get tired of Daniel and Strand pretty quick because they already have what it takes to thrive in that kind of world, Nick too I guess. I'm more curious to see how the naive people, the Carols of this series grow and adjust to the new world.  

The Talking Dead was fantastic. Best three ever 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

Kim Dickens character is really, really boring.... She is the centerpiece of the show,,,,they better have her do something awesome soon.

 

Totally agree with this statement. I'm not sure what the writers are doing with her, or with Cliff Curtis for that matter. 

As for Sunday's installment, oh my god that was such a boring episode! What the hell are these writers thinking? It's like they're begging to get cancelled. 

Edited by Pecan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't think it was a bad episode, but yeah it was slow.

Dad, really, you are shocked because your son is killing zombies? To me that was the dumbest part of the whole episode. I mean, the kid was finally doing something at least. Then it came full circle at the end when he saw the kid kill his own mother zombie, maybe now the little brat will appreciate what his dad did for him.

Druggie kid is still my favorite on the show. He has this way of looking at things that is so different than everyone else on both shows.

Strand, is he a drug dealer? I am assuming it's family that he is trying to reach but you can't ignore the obvious illegal gun or hidden maps.

I was surprised at Strand saying the boat that was after them was bigger than his. Now it pretty much has to be a Coast Guard vessel of some type, with mounted 50 cal like I thought. Funny thing is, if it is, then they would have been able to track his boat pretty easily. Also, if it is a Coast Guard boat then the people on it, or at least some of them are Coast Guard people, and maybe some friends / family members they rescued.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah no way have we seen the last of that boat. Strand's boat just disappeared between two Islands, they know it's nearby holed up. Given Strands maps and gun might indicate it was someone he knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So that Flight 462 tie in was pointless.

Travis continues to be pretty cool, being the one to sort the boat out. I'm not really sure what happened to Maddie this season, she was pretty awesome in the early stages but hasn't really had much to do, she's stepped back into more of a 'traditional female role,' if you know what I mean, sat on the boat worrying about the other characters. I'm struggling to remember but after Nick I think she was the second to kill a zombie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Asian chick from the plane had more personality than 90% of the boat-crew and looked like she could be relied on not to do really really dumb things, so obviously she couldn't stick around...

They even made Mr El Salvador do some really dumb things this time... *sigh*

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Knight of Flours said:

The Asian chick from the plane had more personality than 90% of the boat-crew and looked like she could be relied on not to do really really dumb things, so obviously she couldn't stick around...

They even made Mr El Salvador do some really dumb things this time... *sigh*

 

 

I don't think we've seen the last of her. I don't think they would have built it up with the business on the plane only for it to be a one off. 

On 4/19/2016 at 4:20 AM, dbunting said:

I didn't think it was a bad episode, but yeah it was slow.

Dad, really, you are shocked because your son is killing zombies? To me that was the dumbest part of the whole episode. I mean, the kid was finally doing something at least. Then it came full circle at the end when he saw the kid kill his own mother zombie, maybe now the little brat will appreciate what his dad did for him.

Druggie kid is still my favorite on the show. He has this way of looking at things that is so different than everyone else on both shows.

Strand, is he a drug dealer? I am assuming it's family that he is trying to reach but you can't ignore the obvious illegal gun or hidden maps.

I was surprised at Strand saying the boat that was after them was bigger than his. Now it pretty much has to be a Coast Guard vessel of some type, with mounted 50 cal like I thought. Funny thing is, if it is, then they would have been able to track his boat pretty easily. Also, if it is a Coast Guard boat then the people on it, or at least some of them are Coast Guard people, and maybe some friends / family members they rescued.

 

Strand could be part of some cartel but he could also be full of shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that Maddie and Travis have an argument about Mexico, but when it comes to facing up to the group Travis is fully behind Maddie, without hesitation. But Maddie didn't grill Strand much about the Mexico plan in the first place, like why exactly did he keep Mexico a secret?

Did Strand cut off the lifeboat because he's an arsehole who wants to show who is in power, or did that somewhat worried look mean there was a reason other than arseholery that he felt the need to cut off the lifeboat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I am starting to not understand why the other people on this ship aren't just throwing Strand overboard. I think that the lifeboat rope cutting trick would be the last straw for me. I really like the character, but there has just got to be a mutiny in store sometime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

So that Flight 462 tie in was pointless.

Travis continues to be pretty cool, being the one to sort the boat out. I'm not really sure what happened to Maddie this season, she was pretty awesome in the early stages but hasn't really had much to do, she's stepped back into more of a 'traditional female role,' if you know what I mean, sat on the boat worrying about the other characters. I'm struggling to remember but after Nick I think she was the second to kill a zombie.

Well she did threaten to throw Strand off the boat. That was cool.

I'd argue that Strand, Madison, and Salazar are the alphas of the group. With Strand and Madison alone vying for top dog status.

Travis seems to have the closest to a traditional female role IMO

Edited by DunderMifflin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Howdyphillip said:

 I am starting to not understand why the other people on this ship aren't just throwing Strand overboard. I think that the lifeboat rope cutting trick would be the last straw for me. I really like the character, but there has just got to be a mutiny in store sometime soon.

Well, right now he's the man with the plan. Maybe after Mexico doesn't work out he'd be more expendable. I hope not though, as him and Daniel are the only interesting characters at this point imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good episode with the normal few dumb actions by people.

The yard sale landing group. It was like they were oblivious to what could happen. They land on shore then sort of just casually walk around shopping. How about you each get to a high point and look to the other side to see what could be coming your way, and maybe have a sense of urgency? Water, food, medicine should have been the priority, some clothes would be the last thing to grab as you are leaving.

Not too happy with the whole zombie clogging the intake but whatever.

Hopefully we don't have to wait for the season finale to find out why Strand is so hell bent on no one else coming. The place he described sounds like a survivalists bunker.

The woman in the life boat, what are the odds she comes back with the other bigger boat? She did hear them say that they were going to Baja Mexico right? So if the other boat finds her and asks her about them I am sure she won't mind telling them where they were headed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dbunting said:

 Water, food, medicine should have been the priority, some clothes would be the last thing to grab as you are leaving.

 

If I'm recalling correctly, water is the least of their worries. Don't they have some sort of desalination doohickey, coupled with limitless water under their feet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dbunting said:

The woman in the life boat, what are the odds she comes back with the other bigger boat? She did hear them say that they were going to Baja Mexico right? So if the other boat finds her and asks her about them I am sure she won't mind telling them where they were headed.

Yeah, I can see that happening. The only reason she doesn't come back is if she was a plot device to foment a mutiny on the boat. If the chain of command status quo remains there was no point to her second appearance. The first appearance was set up for the zombie clogging the water intake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now