Fallout 4

RumHam

31 hours in, Level 28. Still haven't done the Valentine mission, which I think is only the 2nd or 3rd major mission in the main storyline. Done a lot of stuff for the Minuteman but not so much for the BoS, despite hooking up with them very early on.

I've been deliberately holding off on finishing the main storyline because my interest in the games starts waning after that point, but I might start heading down that road soon as I'm curious as to what the hell happened to the kid.

I somehow found Valentine completely on accident. I don't even think I'm a level 20 and still haven't even been to Diamond city yet. I've just kinda been wandering around killing and finding places as I go. I was in the area for the first time and was getting chased, so I ducked for cover and found a door to the subway and found him.

I've seen all these awesome communities that people have built on Reddit, so I wanted to do that. They must be on the computer version of the game, because I couldn't even do half of what I wanted before I reached my building limit. Do they have any plans to adjust this on PS4 with future mods?

I've seen all these awesome communities that people have built on Reddit, so I wanted to do that. They must be on the computer version of the game, because I couldn't even do half of what I wanted before I reached my building limit. Do they have any plans to adjust this on PS4 with future mods?

Well, mods are coming to the console versions, right?  Maybe that will be one they allow.  I guess it depends on how well increased community sizes could be handled by console hardware.  

It doesn't even require a mod on the PC.  You can just increase the limit with a simple console command.  I had to do that for the Castle because the limit is so laughably small there considering how large an area the Castle covers.

There's a glitch you can use to raise your building limit. I assume if you go too crazy with it you might have framerate issues. I googled the method for you:

to start the glitch, you will need to choose a set amount of items with or without a limit. After that, throw down a bunch of items, and then click on the workshop of the settlement of your choice, and transfer all the items on the ground to the workshop.

Once you are done transferring them to the workshop, go ahead in the same screen and transfer them back into your very own inventory. Once you are done with transferring the items back into your inventory, exit out of your workshop. When you start building more structures on your settlement, you will now have a larger memory pool to work with until you hit the limit.

When you hit the limit, just rinse and repeat and drop your items, and transfer them until you can keep on building.

So the Museum of Witchcraft has been the scariest place for me so far. I knew what was in there, just didn't expect it to be so creepy haha.

You should check out Dunwich Borers to the west of there if you haven't already. 

Will do. :) Should I bring power armour or would that detract from the spookiness?

I didn't use it. If you do bring it be careful of water, as I've heard you can get it stuck at one point and it's impossible to get it out. 

I didn't use it. If you do bring it be careful of water, as I've heard you can get it stuck at one point and it's impossible to get it out. 

That is definitely true.  I save constantly on multiple files, though, so it wasn't a big deal.  In fact, I jumped in on purpose just to see what would happen.  I sank.  Really sank.

I know I'm in the vast, minuscule, minority on this but I really liked Skyrim's leveling system concept. It had problems because we all know you could just spam the daggers and shit to level up, but I wish the concept had been refined and implemented again. I'm a fan of the idea that the more you smith or brew or enchant, the better you get at it. 

Fallout is missing that element to me.

Yeah, I did that. I just got out of the power armour and floated up though. The Dunwich Borers was quite spooky and disturbing, clearly a homage to Lovecraft and the Dunwich Building from Fallout 3.

The massive buried face/statue was a bit disturbing as well as being completely inexplicable. It was buried so deep it clearly predates the war and possibly modern civilisation. I'm wondering if they're building up to something in DLC or maybe playing a looong game for FO5 or later, but that seems a bit of a big mystery to bring up and then leave unresolved.

Level 31, just joined the Railroad. Also, got to romance Piper. The game gives you extra XP after getting laid, which is kind of hilarious :)

I know I'm in the vast, minuscule, minority on this but I really liked Skyrim's leveling system concept. It had problems because we all know you could just spam the daggers and shit to level up, but I wish the concept had been refined and implemented again. I'm a fan of the idea that the more you smith or brew or enchant, the better you get at it. 

Fallout is missing that element to me.

Elder Scrolls games have been doing leveling like that since at least Morrowind.  I never played the games before that so I can't comment on them, but in Morrowind you leveled up the skills you used and I always thought that was cool.  It also made you want to try to diversify a bit so that you'd get better at various things.

You guys still exploring and finding new stuff?

Did you get the game yet? What do you think? Have you found any weapons yet? Did you find a companion? Is it a boy or girl? Or robot? 

I'm at level 28 and taking no direct route with my quest selection. I go with whatever intrigues me. I'm on the Molecular Level for main questline. As others have pointed out, the Museum of Witchcraft was pretty horrific. My palms were a little sweaty for that one. However, it is pretty easy to succeed in there with the way the room is set up. 

The Castle is where I put my energy towards in regards to settlements.  I like the layout.  The perimeter walls are a nice defense as well.  At about 80% in happiness so far. Not sure what else I need to reach the 100% marker. 

So far, the Goodneighbor quest is my favorite. I wasn't really sure what I was geting myself into at the start, but it took an interesting turn:

I forget the ghoul that starts the quest for you but he ended up getting a little bigheaded and got himself abducted. I went to save him but the raiders executed him when I got to the final chamber where he was being held. I'm guessing there was a stealth approach to finish that part and save his life.

How are all leveling up so quickly?  I'm 83 hours deep and only level 35.  Or maybe 36.

Finished Institutionalized on the main quest, and going to back to doing side quests and wandering for a while.  It's getting too close to the end and I don't want to commit to a faction just yet.

How are all leveling up so quickly?  I'm 83 hours deep and only level 35.  Or maybe 36.

Finished Institutionalized on the main quest, and going to back to doing side quests and wandering for a while.  It's getting too close to the end and I don't want to commit to a faction just yet.

Idiot Savant perk is probably overpowered. Even if you have high intelligence it's still worth picking up. More than once i've gained two levels at once from turning in a big quest and having that perk activate, multiplying the XP reward by five. It's crazy. 

I have done a lot of random exploring, lot of random quests and a lot of building stuff.  After about 40 hours (haven't done much beyond getting to diamond city) I am at 39.

One thing I always forget is how F'ed up these vault - tec people were. Some of the sick "social" experiements they put people through can be pretty twisted.

Archived