Back to the Future

I really, really dislike the gifs now. The level of actual communication in posting around here has significantly dropped in the time I have been around already. If I can say one thing about it, it would be to encourage others to fully flesh out their posts in addition to adding captions.  

(This is my grumpy old man post of the day.)

I really don't like images in posts, but I figure I'd get it in while I could.  :P This really reeked havoc on the forum games I bet.  Now we get to wait and see if this one sticks.  I like the interface, don't like losing a month of posts... but I can live with it if it doesn't become a habit.  

We will be posting a policy regarding embedded images once we know whether this is the database we're staying on or not. In brief: no image-only responses, no multiple images, only images that add to a conversion and are appropriately used. This board is for people who have moved beyond communicating with pictograms. ;)

We would very much prefer to shut off image embedding, but that option was removed in 4.0. Its available in 4.1, but for various reasons we cannot upgrade to that.

We will be posting a policy regarding embedded images once we know whether this is the database we're staying on or not. In brief: no image-only responses, no multiple images, only images that add to a conversion and are appropriately used. This board is for people who have moved beyond communicating with pictograms. ;)

We would very much prefer to shut off image embedding, but that option was removed in 4.0. Its available in 4.1, but for various reasons we cannot upgrade to that.

I vote we remove the option for image embedding. I can't be trusted to behave and I'm afraid bad things might happen! :)  Seriously whatever is decided is fine. It was kind of amazing to be able to use gifs. Its like an alternate universe. 

BTW - notice how I started this thread as a guest? I was shown as being logged in but when i posted it shows me as a guest. Kinda weird. I have not re tested it but it would be unruly if guests can create topics and reply. Might have just been a bug.

Am I reading this correctly to mean that the posts we are making right now might be gone soon too? Why the hell are we even bothering to post? This is insane.

It's no longer hip to be square. Huey Lewis was wrong.

Luckily my avatar doesn't look too bad. Can't say the same to some of you poor folks. You know who I'm talking about... (imagine a really appropriate emoticon inserted here)

My avatar looks great in the circle. Unfortunately, it's not the avatar I had two days ago- things are so bad that even Gennady Golovkin ran away.

eta:

Am I reading this correctly to mean that the posts we are making right now might be gone soon too? Why the hell are we even bothering to post? This is insane.

As annoying as it might be, in fairness, the conversations we have don't not have happened just because the forum resets.

Well, if this post will be deleted soon, I guess it's safe to finally say this:

Ini, Without you I dwell in darkness. I love you.

We write and read - and therefore, in some sense, we exist - in an alternate forum timeline. There are now two of each of us, one in the universe where the forum remained as it was. Our alternate selves in that universe, even now, post on threads that are unavailable in this universe, blissfully unaware of the fork in the timeline. How perilous their positions seem, now! How perilous this branch! Any minute, things might go back, and all of this too - erased, from existence!

It's no longer hip to be square. Huey Lewis was wrong.

Luckily my avatar doesn't look too bad. Can't say the same to some of you poor folks. You know who I'm talking about... (imagine a really appropriate emoticon inserted here)

:crying:

Archived