TTTNE 460: Because we lost everything since TTTNE 457

Buckwheat

I can't read German but based on the congratulations above I assume it was a positive review. So congrats K_T :) 

I cannot make you out on the photo either, but I recall you sharing a pic with the thread before (I think you were smoking a pipe outside a cafe)

In other news my spawn has been out of control horrible this week. I mean just awful. Like I can barely tolerate being around him :( Where has my sweet boy gone? I was really looking forward to spending the holiday doing fun things but so far he's spent every day grounded.  I really hope he returns to normal soon because my patience is wearing thin and I miss my little bundle of fun and sweetness :crying: 

Oh honey.  I've had weeks like that with my  Leo.  How old is he now?  He'll come around.  They do!   I promise.

I am reading Dune but still at the very beginning, it seems promising though and from what others are saying it seems to be great .

I heard it gets pretty lame in book 3 forward... But btw, could you tell me what's it about? In this book is there anything about worldbuilding? If so, how's it? Sorry, i'm curious.

Congrats LT!  That's really cool to get a nice write up

Pebs: good work getting the house ready.  I have to say, it is not how I imagined it from your stories :P

Happy December everyone :cheers:

I am ready to party

ok, I'm not really, but I plan on faking it til I make it this month.  I have 3 huge stressors and at least one will be resolved soon, for better or worse.  I have my fingers crossed for the second, and all I can do is pray about the 3rd.  I am just refusing to give in to the terroists in my mind!

I heard it gets pretty lame in book 3 forward... But btw, could you tell me what's it about? In this book is there anything about worldbuilding? If so, how's it? Sorry, i'm curious.

Wikipedia can probably provide a better explanation of what's it about than I can, but I can answer the other question. There's a ton of world-building, and it's good. Arrakis (where 90% takes place) is a very well developed location and Herbert made it unique and interesting.

That is a very good question.

I am tired and grumpy and it is 0.35 AM and the printer is doing typical printer shit (printing out a document nobody recognises or remembers wanting to print ever). I am not impressed. :angry:

Managed to lose my bank card today meaning I had to cancel and order a new one, which I have to order into a branch because my address on the bank account is in the north east rather than London. 

I need to be more careful.

(if anyone is wondering, I left the card at a self-service checkout. Presumably I took it out the machine and lay it on my purse without actually putting it into my purse then walked off and left/dropped it)

Did you go back and look for it?  I did this once and it was put in the manager's safe until I came looking for it

I did yes, but I wasn't so lucky. Keeping an eye on the account in case any transactions went through but it looks all clear for now. And I was able to withdraw cash from my account to keep me going until the card arrives at the branch...in 10 working days. They don't rush these things do they? Not like it's, I dunno, something essential :rolleyes: They also have to post my new PIN to my address in the North East :rolleyes: 

Oh honey.  I've had weeks like that with my  Leo.  How old is he now?  He'll come around.  They do!   I promise.

Lily! How are you?!

He is 5 going on 15 and he has mutated back to my sweet child, thank god. I don't get what gets into him but oh man it's challenging!

Sorry about your card Helena :( 

i hope it resolves quickly. 

Archived