TTTNE 460: Because we lost everything since TTTNE 457

Buckwheat

Why the hell were we not told? We have at least one moderator right here. H did you know?

'After waiting for several weeks for the makers of our forum to help us convert our database, we have decided to go ahead with the move to the new forum without this process being completed. As it stands, we don't know when or if they will finish it.

However, there are several caveats regarding the current status of the forum:

1) This database, which is the September 17th database from the old forum that we converted ourselves, contains no new posts or other content (including new members) after that date.

2) Unfortunately, this database also suffered dataloss in the process of the conversion. If it turns out that we have to continue with this database, we will look into whether the old forum can be made into a read-only archive, at least for a time so people can restore content if they so desire.

3) At the moment, we're seeing stability and slowness issues, which we are investigating. Unfortunately, it will likely take several days for the support to respond (they are apparently backlogged). If it remains unstable, we may revert to the old forum.

3) If we get a converted database from the forum support, we will move to that one. That means any posts or registrations made on this database will be lost.'

1) Great, brilliant, why would you not tell us? It's not like we have moderators participating in these threads, who can pass the message on right?

2) Of course it fucking is, why would it be working well? Maybe 'going ahead' without processes being completed isn;t the smartest move.

3) They are backlogged? Well brilliant. At least we knew we'd have a fall-back in case things go wrong, we'll just go back to what was happening before, that thing that you could wait to change from for some reason.

4) Well at last some good news, you won't have to read my rage at your remarkably inept handling of this whole affair.

I post only to say: What the motherfucking fuck? Were we not to be warned when this shit was to happen? I am not pleased. Not motherfucking pleased sir.

^^ Pretty much this.

Fudgesicles. I had to go through my phone, my kindle and now my laptop to successfully get in here.  My usual log in name HusbandtoBears finally converted over to LadyO. Would have been nice to have known that before I spent 20 minutes thinking I was doomed forever. 

Anywhoodles, Welcome back Q, Kingmaker and Zar!!!!! Good to see you loves :)

Sorry, didn't mean for my first new post to be a whining. So, I see a lot of old posters have returned, and I think a more dignified introduction is due. 

I am The King in Black. I fled the madness of GenAsoiaf (Varys's dick is a wight ? Really, that's what life has come down to now ?) and wandered around looking for solace. I finally found asylum in the very South, where people rightly spend their time spamming, discussing books and TV and movies, and playing stupid games. So one dark and stormy night I sneaked into this thread, and Here I am now ! I make generally pointless and irreverent posts, my posts seem as if written during manic periods, and my interactions with posters here are borderline inappropriate. Still, I'm put up with for.... reasons. Glad that you are back, do stay around and post more !

^^ Pretty much this.

Fudgesicles. I had to go through my phone, my kindle and now my laptop to successfully get in here.  My usual log in name HusbandtoBears finally converted over to LadyO. Would have been nice to have known that before I spent 20 minutes thinking I was doomed forever. 

Anywhoodles, Welcome back Q, Kingmaker and Zar!!!!! Good to see you loves :)

I could have told you about the new login thing (about it being your display name) as it's something I noticed when this was in test at the end of September;

but no BlackBear, I didn't know it was happening yesterday, just that they were working on the update still (which was no secret)

So how are you (collective you) doing, folks?

was the SQL demon bothering all of you?

No really, but now it seems this board is still acting odd.

I post only to say: What the motherfucking fuck? Were we not to be warned when this shit was to happen? I am not pleased. Not motherfucking pleased sir.

That is the most British swearing I have ever heard. Bravo, sir.

Damn it the first ever  TTTNE I started is gone. Just gone. I don't know why something so trivial is making me as angry as it is, but I'm really mad right now.

:grouphug:I am very sorry about that, but ... all the more reason to win another! ;)

Lets see if emoticons work now ...

Hadn't even noticed the circles. Well, that's something I guess :P

We had those before didn't we? :dunno: I've seen them listed as options before.

I'm just annoyed that so much content has been lost.

I do not think we did, I was looking for that option and the answer was always no, not possible. :dunno:

Lost content is indeed annoying, especially for the ongoing games like pictionary and Santa.

Plus I cannot access on the phone now.

well I think I read that if they don't get back our lost data, they will make the old version of this site available as read only for a while to allow us to access the data and get back what we need.

no idea when that will happen though.

and I'm kind of scared.  I have a follower now.   thats a bit like having a board stalker right?

Archived