Bakker XLI Redux: Measure is Still Unceasing (And a date is revealed for The Great Ordeal)

Rhom

Christ. The date has been confirmed multiple times so you'd think this firm.

But him still not having an editor months after we last heard the book was done and scheduled but he didn't have an editor yes, that sounds like a rare kind of mess. I'm still inclined to think that since both Scott and the publisher separately confirmed the July date, this will still be right.

Other points of possible concern?

* The book is still not listed by Orbit, which is weird, because we'd been told that Orbit has aligned with Overlook and agreed on the 4th book. They do not have TGO up on their site or on Amazon UK

* Overlook also hasn't listed the book on their own site, only Amazon ( this may not mean much as they seem to be a mess).

And yes, where is Sci anyway, he's been notably absent. Has he served as sustenance?

1 hour ago, Calibandar said:

And yes, where is Sci anyway, he's been notably absent. Has he served as sustenance?

if apophagia might mean 'sundered from obtaining a share,' as supra, then we are in our apophagia at the moment, awaiting a merest fraction. this is accordingly all premeditated as a book release event, to afflict the readers with the publishing process as the narrative afflicts its characters, giving us an affective insight into the privations of the ordeal, just as lent gives the penitent an insight into the passion of christ.  welcome to the desert of postmodern publishing as performance art.

2 hours ago, sologdin said:

if apophagia might mean 'sundered from obtaining a share,' as supra, then we are in our apophagia at the moment, awaiting a merest fraction. this is accordingly all premeditated as a book release event, to afflict the readers with the publishing process as the narrative afflicts its characters, giving us an affective insight into the privations of the ordeal, just as lent gives the penitent an insight into the passion of christ.  welcome to the desert of postmodern publishing as performance art.

Sweet! So, like, we're experiencing a mini-Ordeal, so to say? Yes, we are, aren't we?

1 hour ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Sweet! So, like, we're experiencing a mini-Ordeal, so to say? Yes, we are, aren't we?

Mini-Ordeal?  I've been waiting 11 years for this damn conclusion...

Scott commented to my question about whether the July date is in danger:

I’ve been leaning on them for an explicit timetable for several weeks now, and still nada, so I’m concerned definitely. All there is to do is to wait and see.

19 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Ever are men deceived.

If you say so Darth. I know that immediately following the "campaign" there was action taking on behalf of Overlook. I'd call that cause and effect. Bakker said that we had been heard "loud and clear", I'd say it served its purpose. 

40 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

If you say so Darth. I know that immediately following the "campaign" there was action taking on behalf of Overlook. I'd call that cause and effect. Bakker said that we had been heard "loud and clear", I'd say it served its purpose. 

Uh, one, that was kind of a joke, in reference to these books I'm beginning to think a lot of people here haven't actually read.

Two, he also said he got in trouble with his agent. Also I guess if by served its purpose...you mean he stlll has no editor and a bunch of people quit? Yay?

14 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Wait, so when do we start getting to eat the sockpuppets, alts, and sundry?

those aren't sranc in this context.  the sranc are by contrast the traumatic inseminators among us.  yaknow, those of us, not mentioning any names, who bust in where they aren't necessarily wanted, e.g., unrelated forum discussions, and deposit the bakkake in plain sight.

So alts and socks are more akin to skin spies? Tragically misunderstood beings that while lacking souls may very well have very real feelings and personal motivations, nevertheless doomed to be opened up and exposed before a roaring, frothing crowd in tortuous ecstasy?

Ahem. Poor bastards.

7 hours ago, Claustrophobic Jurble said:

Anyone have any idea about the size of the sea in the new map?  In the older, zoomed-out maps, it seemed so small to me, that I thought walking around it would be trivial.  But now it seems gigantic.

Somnambulist's map, here gives us the idea that Swaranul is about 250 miles from Dagliash, as-the-crow-flies, which is probably about as reasonable an estimate as there is, considering how much scholorship he put in to it.  This would lend itself to the idea that the new map shows is about four-hundred and something miles across and three-hundred and something tall?  Something like that...

21 hours ago, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

So alts and socks are more akin to skin spies? Tragically misunderstood beings that while lacking souls may very well have very real feelings and personal motivations, nevertheless doomed to be opened up and exposed before a roaring, frothing crowd in tortuous ecstasy?

Ahem. Poor bastards.

exactly.  and those who trying to seal the world of earwa from the outside are obviously naysayers such as inchoroi ROH as well as the RSB's own recalcitrant publishers, who can be the other consult members.  

who are the dunyain, then?

Archived