Bakker XLI Redux: Measure is Still Unceasing (And a date is revealed for The Great Ordeal)

Rhom

Money isn't an object?

You spend $100 million on a series, put it on Starz or Showtime (probably the latter, since they're looking to compete some), downplay some of the obvious sexism and philosophical wackiness and upplay some of the stupid sexism (IE, more swinging dicks and naked women). Also focus a bit more on the Kellhus-as-ninja. Make it more clear from the getgo that the gods are real and involved and influential, and even go so far as to cast them. Hire Michael Fassbender as Kellhus (both for the awesomeness and the aforementioned swinging dick thing). Pace it quickly so that you can get the major beats and maybe even to the end of TWP by the end of the first season, and instead of having backstory in the show have references to the backstory which can then be picked up in a lot of web history lessons to not slow down the pace. Do the same thing with the philosophical underpinnings of how the Dunyain work. 

And then you market the fuck out of the dildos. 

5 hours ago, Gormenghast said:
I still need to finish the original trilogy so I'm not even remotely up to date with current theories, but was it ever considered that the third, unnamed section of this thing cannot be actually named because it would be outright science fiction?

Possible, but I doubt it.  The series so far follow Kellhus' progression from a Prince of Nothing to the Aspect Emperor.  In my mind the next would be something like God-King of Earwa or something like that.

I still need to finish the original trilogy so I'm not even remotely up to date with current theories, but was it ever considered that the third, unnamed section of this thing cannot be actually named because it would be outright science fiction?

No, it would apparently be a spoiler. There's a lot of speculation that if it continues to describe Kellhus, calling it The No-God or something like that would be a huge plot spoiler.

Apparently the final book of TAE will confirm what the title of the final duology will be.

8 hours ago, Werthead said:

No, it would apparently be a spoiler. There's a lot of speculation that if it continues to describe Kellhus, calling it The No-God or something like that would be a huge plot spoiler.

Apparently the final book of TAE will confirm what the title of the final duology will be.

It just strikes me as odd that the spoiler would be what everyone already anticipates.

Strikes me as odd Bakker keeps cards hidden that way, if he goes down a predictable path.

1 hour ago, Gormenghast said:

It just strikes me as odd that the spoiler would be what everyone already anticipates.

Strikes me as odd Bakker keeps cards hidden that way, if he goes down a predictable path.

And he won't go down the predictable path, IMHO. @Callan S. has a ttheory that the Inchoroi are essentially us, mind you a very long time from now. It essentially is Sci-Fi in his theory. Now, I don't like that and its not what I want. I want it to stay fantasy with none of the transhumanism bits thrown in there. Its a theory I could actually see happening, tbh. But, it's not that predictable either.

Archived