Secret Santa X...Gift are arriving from all over the World!

DreamSongs

I have found shopping for my giftee easier* than shopping for the mothership, who i have no idea what to buy for her this year.

*OMG WILL THEY LIKE IT? Worries aside of course 

Mom's are HARD!  I feel so lucky that the only thing my mom wants now are books and she doesn't even care if I send the same ones twice, she still reads them. 

My mom tells us straight up what she wants. Always has. And it's always random little practical things. Like paint, or a hair straightener, or new Seahawks merchandise. One year she told me she wanted nothing more than a new garden shovel and protested when I told her that wasn't a nice enough gift. 

I always have to sneak in a gift card or something cause the things she wants never seem gift-ish enough :P 

A package has arrived from my Secret Santa - thank you!

I will be waiting till December 25th to open it because I like to have something awesome to open first thing on Christmas morning before I go over to see my family, so you'll have to wait till then to find out what it is.

I have not sent off my own Secret Santa parcel yet, but I'm working on it and it will hopefully by away by the end of the week...

Last year, I took a great deal of time and care presenting my package as nicely as I could for my giftee. I tried to incorporate the stuff they said they had liked, etc. Etc. I was pretty pleased with the end result...and then customs destroyed it. A box, with a perfectly adequate lid that was no stuck down or anything, and they broke the damned box down the sides. 

Customs, I hate you 

So.....I don't know what to give my giftee and I hope they won't be annoyed with my choice...... :blush: 

I know I'm late, and I've been nervous about that, preparing for this damn move has made me want to pull out my hair by the roots!

Also, I have no preference for my SS, The fact that someone thought of me is sweet, regardless. 

So far, I have purchased most of the gifts, but amazon informed me that shipping them will cost me more than twice what the gifts cost.

So, I'm having them sent to me, then I will wrap and add some extra goodies and ship them off early next week.  I hope they arrive in time ....

We need Secret Santa drones!!!!

Probably for the best that i have sent the parcel now. Because a) I keep seeing more stuff i want to buy. Budget would be completely blown if that parcel hadnt gone yet :wideeyed: and b ) because I'm an idiot and had various bank card problems that some of you know about, I now have 3 declined payments on Amazon which i will need to phone Customer Services to sort out. Ugh! 

Being quick off the mark with SS shopping pays off once again!

I didn't realize there was a budget this year :leaving:

ps:  I hope you were able to get your Amazon stuff sorted out

edit2:

I admit to having weird budgeting rules:

Like if I pick up something long before SS starts and with vague thought of maybe I could use it, I may forget to count it.(hell, I may forget to even add it in the year it was bought).  Or anything "extra" added (to be explained later), and things added to be silly/funny don't count. Anything found just "laying around the house" doesn't count.  And the few times I have made things I only counted the supplies if I bought them special.  Did not count the value of the finished product either, as I feel that isn't quite fair.

Archived