Secret Santa X...Gift are arriving from all over the World!

DreamSongs

Is anyone able to post a list of cutoff dates for shipping by Christmas?

Amazon apparently won't ship to the address I listed. *shakes first at Amazon*

*scribbles notes* I see...

here is the UK guideline re: posting deadlines http://www.royalmail.com/greetings 

i would imagine similar dates apply elsewhere

I have stepped up my game this year I just want you all to know. 

Considering how awesome you were the year you had me, this year must be truly spectacular!

So, I apologize in advance to my giftee. The gift will most likely not reach him/her in time for Christmas. This is because I still have no address, and the deadline for sending gifts to this country from my country is TODAY.... <_<

I'll send you a PM

Shipping, vis USPS:

Mail-by Dates (Domestic Services)

• Dec. 15 - Standard Post
    Ground service for less-than-urgent deliveries and oversized packages.
  • Dec. 19 - First Class Mail
    Service for standard-sized, single-piece envelopes and small packages weighing up to 13 ounces with delivery in 3 business days or less.
  • Dec. 21 - Priority Mail
    Domestic service in 1, 2, or 3 business days based on where your package starts and where it’s being sent, variety of Flat Rate options.
  • Dec. 23 - Priority Mail Express
    Fastest domestic service, guaranteed overnight scheduled delivery to most locations. Some restrictions and exceptions apply. Please note, Priority Mail Express postage refund eligibility is adjusted for shipments mailed Dec. 22 through Dec. 25.

Mail-by Dates (International Services)
Customers mailing internationally during the holidays are advised to review the chart below for specific deadlines based on the locations they are mailing to and the service they are using. When mailing and shipping internationally, customers must also follow necessary customs guidelines. Please visit the International Shipping page on usps.com for more information.

International Mail Addressed To

Global Express Guaranteed® (GXG)***

Priority Mail Express International™ (PMEI)

Priority Mail International® (PMI)

First-Class Package International Service™ (FCPIS)

Africa

Dec-21

Dec-8

Dec-1

Dec-1

Asia/Pacific Rim

Dec-19

Dec-15

Dec-8

Dec-8

Australia/New Zealand

Dec-19

Dec-15

Dec-8

Dec-8

Canada

Dec-22

Dec-17

Dec-11

Dec-8

Caribbean

Dec-21

Dec-15

Dec-11

Dec-8

Central & South America

Dec-21

Dec-11

Dec-1

Dec-1

Mexico

Dec-22

Dec-15

Dec-8

Dec-8

Europe

Dec-21

Dec-15

Dec-11

Dec-8

Middle East

Dec-19

Dec-15

Dec-11

Dec-8

So today I started* wrapping and had a spectacularly hilarious time. Suffice to say, my flatmates and I (I was getting so flustered I had to call in reinforcements) will be winning no awards for this :lol: It was funny, though I'm slightly disappointed because I do like my parcels to look nice. But I just can't face the thought of attempting that again :P 

*not finished yet. I'm waiting on one delivery still, apparently. *sighs impatiently*

Two-thirds of the shopping completed in less than 1 hr!  That's a record!

I've just done more shopping that I absolutely didn't need. Curse you Black Friday online sales!

(I should also add I did this during my lecture :leaving: )

*cough* Some people still need to post their "About Me" so their Santas can get to shoppin'.  :D   *cough*

I see *scribbles notes*

*cough* Some people still need to post their "About Me" so their Santas can get to shoppin'.  :D   *cough*

Some people posted in the previous thread and didn't repost in this one, or just made a snide comment thinking it would disapear.  Just saying ;)

Of course, if it is a regular, you can always check last year's thread too.

Or you can cyber stalk the person, read every thing they posted in the past year and learn all sorts of stuff about them, maybe even try and see if if anything can bee seen on their facebook page. (ftr, I am not a stalker, just a licenced (ok, expired) P.I. :P )

Looks like my previous responses got eaten by the database update or whatever.

My plan was to do the questionaire not drunk this year, but I just realized tonight that my previous reply was gone, so here we go...

Are you over 18? Yes.
Are you willing to ship internationally? Yes.
Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): Lamb or tiramisu
Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : probably chocolate or caramels
Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Not sure
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): Poker, hiking, ultimate, disc golf, reading, whiskey, whisky, wine
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): either sci fi or history, or alt history if we're going to venn diagram
Favorite animal: my exes' family's chocolate lab.  I love that dog.
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): comedy or sci fi but fairly picky, especially about the sci fi
Favorite Color :  Red.  No...Blue.
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: I think my favorite overall band is Great Big Sea, but I have their catalog already.  Maybe something along those lines...
Do you collect anything? weight in my middle section
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? not really

Questionnaire 2
2. What is your favorite:
c. Type of munchie? bacon
d. Puzzle to do? more into strategy/board games than puzzles.

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? Not really.

4. What type of hobbies do you have? Poker, hiking, ultimate, disc golf, reading, whiskey, whisky, wine

5. If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? gluttony

6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies?

Big Christmas.  Definitely 2nd cousins +.  We run deep.

7. Favorite Christmas movie and why? Die Hard, if that counts, because awesome.

8. Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/

Non religious Catholic upbringing

9. If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:
a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops
b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters.
c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet
d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.

a or b, but it better have the good kielbasa, not that Hillshire Farms phoney shit.

10. Favorite Christmas music
No strong contenders.  My mother is Christmas insane to the point where she has a electronic gizmo that starts playing carols when you yank the toilet paper roll.  I prefer a more understated approach.

11. What is your Christmas morning like

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
c. organized, but fast paced
d. "Christmas is HOW SOON???!!!!"
e. all of the above.

b.  Since we're all grown up, we pretty much don't do much for gifts, and exchange what little we do give before the extended family shows up Christmas Eve.  Might stop by my parents for breakfast Christmas morning before dinner at my cousin's, but sometimes I just sleep in.

12. Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant.
Maybe some sort of crystal decanter but it's probably out of the price range for this.  Maybe an even awesomer Christmas sweater than the Christmas dinosaur sweater I got from Amazon last year.  (Googling Christmas dinosaur sweater gives a surprising number of results, but it was the read and green one where the dinosaurs and odd narwhal or two are all wearing santa hats.)

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)
clothes: Men's XL 36-17 shirts 36-36 pants.  Not the easiest to find on the rack.  Or size 12 chuck taylors.

Anything else your SS should know about you?

Hard to go wrong with good food, or good spirits, or good reading.  I live in central Connecticut if you're thinking about the gift card route for a portion of things.  But my secret santa knows that already and knows how naughty I've been...

I probably could also use a new Christmas tie, but ties are such a bail out gift, so it would have to be pretty epic.

If you're still stuck after all of this, have the coordinator of this whole shindig send me your follow up questions.

Aarrrrrgggghhhhhhh!  I'm such an idiot.  So sorry to whoever has me!  I copied this from T-C, with appropriate editing for me.  Thanks T-C!

Are you over 18? Yes. I'm 61
Are you willing to ship internationally? Yes.
Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): I'm an omnivore, but I am trying to avoid gluten.
Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : I love candy of almost all kinds. Crazy about chocolate.  Not crazy about licorice.  :P
Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): citrus scents.
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): Photography.  I also like to paint, draw, sew, bake etc., but don't do it as much as I would like.  Crossword puzzles.  Jigsaw puzzles.
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Murder mysteries, Sci-Fi and Fantasy.  I have not read any books from the Malazan series, or the Witcher series, or the Long Price series, or The Dresden Files.  Or the most recent Cormoran Strike book, Career of Evil.  Oh, yeah, another:  Memory, Sword and Thorn.  Whatever is cheapest on Amazon.ca would be great!  The first book, please!  Don't torture me!
Favorite animal: Dogs and horses
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like):  I never end up watching any of my DVDs, so, don't bother.
Favorite Color : Navy blue
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: Not really - I buy way too much for myself as it is.  I just bought Adele's 25, that's what I would have asked for.  :)
Do you collect anything? Not much.  I have a lot of fridge magnets, though, something from every trip I've made in the last 5 or 6 years, and from friends.

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need?  Nothing I need.  I have way too many books to read, but books are always welcome.  Oh, wait!  Can you find something goofy from a dollar store or a novelty shop?  A necklace of a string of Christmas lights that you light up, reindeer earrings, something like that?

Anything else you would like your SS to know about you:

I'm easy to please and will like anything that has your personal touch to it. I am always happy with scarfs, lotions, crafty stuff, t-shirts (ladies size XL or men's L), earrings, etc. etc. Any geeky stuff is awesome.  Something fun from your locality.  A small puzzle.

Christmas this year will be just me and my brother, as his wife will be in Poland to visit her elderly mother.  I don't go all out with decorations, but I try to always have a tree and a poinsettia plant.  I have the poinsettia already and I'll either chop down a tree on Sunday or buy one here in the city off a lot.  I would appreciate an ornament of some kind, and it could be a geeky one like a Dr. Who or a Star Wars one.  Or a bird, birds are good.   :D    Or something local from your country or town.  I will go to midnight mass on Christmas Eve and spend most of Christmas Day with friends, unwrapping gifts, making brunch, drinking mimosas, and then helping to prepare  dinner.  There should be 15 of us this year.

Finally, local flavor is always appreciated.  Or anything you would like as a fellow geek. 

I will send my victi..er...Secret Santa pick stuff from Amazon which can be delivered without my name on it, and then follow up with a small package of my own at the very end, with some small items in it.  And a card.

I suppose I should start shopping and get some stuff in the mail ASAP.  If I aim for the 14th, I might actually hit the 24th.  Also to whomever gets my lucky presents, you'll have several things picked out by my 4 and 6 year old boys. :-)

I have no idea what to get my giftee, even after stalking previous Secret Santa threads. So I'll just get things I like and hope for the best B)

Oh, I had ideas for nearly everyone!  I bet I have some great ideas! :P

What I need is to win the lottery, so I can send stuff to everyone ;)

Archived