Good matches for the Stark children *Spoilers Game of Thrones*

Bloody Ben Blackwood

If Jon Arryn never died or Ned was called to King's landing but didn't end up losing his head what do you think would have been good match for the Stark children?

You can answer this in two ways, with or without hindsight, i.e. with or without knowing that Joffrey was crazy, Loras swung the other way, Robert Arryn is sick and likely to die soon.

My guess : Robb and *no clue*, somebody from the major houses who would want to come and stay in the north

Sansa and Loras 

Bran and Lyanna Mormont (because that kid got spunk)

Arya would not want to marry at all

Rickon has no girl identified near his age

Robb-Margaery :Would secure an alliance with the /Tyrells and extend Stark influence. Tyrells, in turn, would enjoyed an increased influence in the North and a marriage to one of the 'Old' Noble Houses.

Sansa-Loras/his brother: Kind of an equivalent exchange thing. Plus, it would strengthen the alliance.

Arya/Robin. She's gutsy enough for both of them :D Also, this would strengthen the Stark-Arryn Alliance

Jon, if legtimized by the King, should marry into one of Northern families. Karstark, perhaps?

If not, the night's watch and Ygritte suit him just fine, lol.

Jon, if legtimized by the King, should marry into one of Northern families. Karstark, perhaps?

Cat would never let that happen, if Jon was legitimized he would be ahead of Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon because he's older and known as Ned Stark's son

If not, the night's watch and Ygritte suit him just fine, lol.

Cat would never let that happen, if Jon was legitimized he would be ahead of Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon because he's older and known as Ned Stark's son

I always imagined if Jon was legitimized it would be the beginning of a new branch.
Similar to Blackfyres or Greystarks.

I always imagined if Jon was legitimized it would be the beginning of a new branch.
Similar to Blackfyres or Greystarks.

If he wants to have a new branch then he needs a new seat and no noble house would want to wed a legitimized bastard who is not even an heir to their heir. Maybe Ned's name and good deeds of Jon might change people's outlook but still I think it'll be a difficult thing

Robb - Alys Karstark
Sansa - Jojen Reed
Arya - Robert Arryn or not at all
Bran - Lyanna Mormont
Rickon - some Blackwood girl
Jon - join night's Watch or marry a commoner.

Sansa and Jojen would be fun.

Jojen - I see that in the lunch today you will have lemoncakes.

Sansa - Yes that is what I was planning, how did you know?

Jojen - Greendreams my sweet, greendreams

Arya: Asha! They'd be a killer couple, literally.

Jon: Ygritte was great for him, so maybe another wildling woman.

Sansa: Willas Tyrell. Sane human who can give her a rose garden and stability and children and minstrels.

Bran: idk. The kid can't get it up any longer. It's a shame but I fear his true mate is a tree.

Rickon: Again, idk.

Robb: Margaery Tyrell. Has a smart granny who might be able to control Robb's urges to idiotic political behavior.

Robb: I like the idea of Wylla Manderley ^_^ I'd say Margaery, but there's just no way the Rose of Highgarden would move to Winterfell. 

Sansa: Willas Tyrell. I think Catelyn at least always planned to marry Sansa south, otherwise, why would they have her brought up to be a Southron Lady? If Domeric Bolton survives in this theoretical timeline, he might be an interesting candidate as well...

Bran: I could see him with Myrcella. Considering Bran had ambitions to become a knight it stands to reason he'd end up South as well for a while (no knights in the North, affter all).

Arya: I do think Arya would be happy with some member of House Mormont (she'd fit right in with their ladies) Karstark or Umber. Does any of those houses have a boy of roughly her age (so anything between newborn and 20, by medieval standards).

Rickon: I can see him being pressured to join the Night's  Watch in order to save Ned the trouble to precure lands for a third son.

But Cat won't have a say in the matter. And it's a pretty long shot anyway, though I reckon try to have his sister's son's position elevated (assuming r+l=j)

But Cat won't have a say in the matter. And it's a pretty long shot anyway, though I reckon try to have his sister's son's position elevated (assuming r+l=j)

Cat has large influence on Ned, he respects her opinion. Raising him under their roof is one thing, legitimizing and put him in front of 4 of their trueborn children is a stab in the heart. Also, Ned seemed careless when Jon wanted to join Night's Watch, he has no ambition for Jon other than keeping him safe

Yeah Sansa and Wilas. He seems to be a great guy, so what if he is crippled. Think Sansa might actually like him, and the Tyrells were kind to her even if it was only for their own benefit. 

Arya and Jon if original outline, and MS&T parallels hold up 

If not Arya and Tyrion, again from original outline 

If not Arya and Jon then Bran and Myrcella. Or else Bran and Meera. Guess it is going to be Bran and Weirwood tree though. 

Rickon and Lyanna Mormont 

Robb and Myrcella (that way the Starks would have a Lannister hostage *evil laugh*)

Sansa and Andar Royce (to get the support of the Royces during the Wot5K)

Arya and Edric Dayne (because Dorne is all about girl power)

Bran and Wylla

Rickon and Lyanna

Jon and Val (to bring the wildlings into the fold)

Robb and Margaery- Catelyn Tully was happy enough in Winterfell, Margaery probably would have been too if Robb was a good and loving husband, and everything we know about the guy says he would have been. Plus, this match forms an unstoppable power bloc running uninterrupted from the Wall to the Arbor, with discount grain for the North in winter. Simply the Perfect Pair.

Sansa and Joffrey- this would have been an amazing match for Sansa if Joffrey wasn't who he was. And there was no way to know that ahead of time. 

Arya- let her choose. Preferably a bannerman's son, if she doesn't want one then perhaps Trystane Martell?

Bran and Eddara Tallhart if he hasn't been crippled, to the Citadel if he has been- A good bannerman match that's relatively close in age. People keep suggesting spouses for the Stark children that are crazily different in ages. 16 year old Meera and 7 year old Bran? 27 year old Willas and 11 year old Sansa or 9 year old Arya? 30 year old Dacey Mormont and 16 year old Robb? Really?

Rickon to the Wall if Bran hasn't been crippled, if he has perhaps the youngest Mormont girl.

Archived