NO SPOILERS: Star Wars: The Forum Awakens (whatever number we were on)

Ser Scot A Ellison

Just came back as well. I liked it well enough, but the reviewers handing out 5/5 reviews are crazy. It's a solid 3,5/5 imo. Really enjoyed it, definitely the third (or depending how you rate the original Star Wars) or second best Star Wars film ever.

Well thank the heavens for this. No offense Veltigar, but you are one of the pickiest movie critics on this forum, so if you declare it the 2nd-3rd best SW movie, then I know I'll love it. :cheers:

PM and AoC probably get something close to a 1 or at most a 2 if I were to score them. 

The way I see it, it's pretty much the same. A 5/5 for The Godfather and a 5/5 for ESB mean that - within their respective categories - they are the best possible representatives of the type of movie they try to be :) 

Fair enough. I think I'm definitely more lenient with this than you are. :lol: The only recent film I absolutely hated was Jurassic World, and even that I'd probably give a 2.

So, having just watching it: It's imperfect, but it looks and feels like Star Wars, and reasonably, for a sequel made three decades after the final film (chronologically,) it's pretty much the best you could ask for. A worthy entry to the Star Wars universe that feels like the start of another fun adventure. - It also had a bit of a KotoR-ish feel to me, which I liked.

ETA: I thought the score was kinda pedestrian though. It wasn't bad, I'm just not sure that any iconic piece of music came out of that, whereas every other Star Wars film has at least one legendary piece.

So, I'd probably give it a solid 4 out of 5, maybe 4.5, on reflection, but that doesn't mean I didn't love it, just that it's not perfect. 

I need to watch it again to make up my mind, so I might go tomorrow. 

Just finished giving the girlfriend the star wars education and as she is smart she decided that the original movies are the best although she did like the ewoks so im still not 100% sure she is right in the head. Going to see the new movie next week with a few other friends!

I liked it well enough, but the reviewers handing out 5/5 reviews are crazy. It's a solid 3,5/5 imo. Really enjoyed it, definitely the third (or depending how you rate the original Star Wars) or second best Star Wars film ever.

So if I personally rate all OT movies as 5/5, I can be reasonably certain I will love it?

Just fifteen more hours...

Archived