NO SPOILERS: Star Wars: The Forum Awakens (whatever number we were on)

Ser Scot A Ellison

I tots lost track/interest in the other threads, there's only so much discussion over the plot implications of a 30 second trailer a body can handle.

This is a theory I like and one I'd like to see explored further

Here I will seek to establish that Jar Jar Binks, far from being simply the bumbling idiot he portrays himself as, is in fact a highly skilled force user in terms of martial ability and mind control.

Furthermore, I assert that he was not, as many people assume, just an unwitting political tool manipulated by Palpatine-- rather, he and Palpatine were likely in collaboration from the very beginning, and it's entirely possible that Palpatine was a subordinate underling to Binks throughout both trilogies.

And finally, given the above, I will conclude with an argument as to why I believe it is not only possible, but plausible that Jar Jar will make a profound impact on the upcoming movies, and what his role may be.

I get that this theory has been around for a while, over a week in fact so an eon on the internet, but I only read about it a few days back. Mocking incredulity, eye rolling and tsk tsking slowly gives way to hmmmmm that doesn't sound totally ridiculous. I'm at the phase whilst not being sold on it kinda wishing it was true.

The (then obviously joke) theory that Jar Jar is force-sensitive has been around since Phantom Menace's release - probably in TheForce.Net at the time. Not a conscious one, but clearly favored by the Force without having any clue about it - yet it was the only realistic way to explain how he could do all that he did in the battle for Naboo :D

There's somebody at work who has seen "those Star Wars movies" at some point but isn't overly interested in them and had no clue a new movie was being made until recently.

He approached me the other day and said, in earnest sincerity, "hey... I've heard a big rumour about the new Star Wars movies. Apparently Jar Jar Binks is going to be a Jedi in them".

I had to gently point out that it was just people joking about it and there's no way it would be true. :lol:

There have been some new photos released for Entertainment Weekly's Star Wars issue. They are interesting, but some may simply be JJ plants to troll us. http://www.ew.com/gallery/star-wars-force-awakens-exclusive-photos/2374763_all-crops-gallery-star-wars-force-awakens-2015-harisson-ford-jj-abrhams?hootPostID=f0ddfd08eb89f79d55f20334f9e9970f

It's quite possible that this time the storm troopers will be better shooters (with the exception of when the plot doesn't require them to be good). At the very least, they're holding their blasters at eye level, instead of firing from the hip as their predecessors tended to do.

I gotta say I hate that pictures can be inserted now.  Bogs my phone to hell and makes some forums unusable for me.

I seem to recall reading that was not intentional, I'm sure they'll turn it off eventually. 

Damn.  I'd love it to stay in...

I would too, but the mobile lag isn't even the biggest concern. In time people would probably start posting nasty .gifs and Game of Thrones spoiler .gifs, now that the show is moving past the released books. 

Archived