Big Bang Theory: It's so sad now

Ser Scot A Ellison

Another really good episode. I didn't think they'd actually go through with Sheldon and Amy hooking up, so I'm pleasantly surprised. 

The Will Wheaton thing was particularly funny, as I saw The Force Awakens last night, and there was a group of people wearing Star Trek uniforms, which didn't receive any negative reactions, but I did make a comment to my brother about it being strange. :lol: 

I loved the paralells between both storylines. :lol:

Also the opening scene.

This was a really really good episode.

Sheldon and Amy were smart enough to use some form of protection, yes?

I had to google Jurgen Klopp. Maybe they are a bit similar.

Very well balanced episode. Loved it.

"I look forward to your birthday next year when we can do this again" :lmao: 

I loved the paralells between both storylines. :lol:

Also the opening scene.

This was a really really good episode.

and Amy were smart enough to use some form of protection, yes?

I had to google Jurgen Klopp. Maybe they are a bit similar.

I hope so.... 

Did he look like Jurgen Klopp to anyone else?

Yea, little bit. 

I think we can assume that Sheldon researched everything in advance and there was definitely birth control. I am glad he enjoyed his first foray into the physical realm.

Amy shattering the wine glass was great, as was Amy's enthusiastic rush to get waxed. I loved the parallels between the premiere and the sex - that was very well done. Best episode in a very long time. 

Chuck Lorre said that Sheldon would absolutely never have coitus. I wonder what changed his mind? 

That was a stellar half hour of television.  Hope far back did the writers plan that parallel?  And Wil Wheaton was awesome.

And actually, the way they went out,  with a final moment with Bob Newhart was just superior to getting Penny's reaction after the fact.

Chuck Lorre said that Sheldon would absolutely never have coitus. I wonder what changed his mind? 

In original pilot, IIRC, Sheldon already had a coitus with someone. Which is one of the reasons I never fully  believed he was unable for the "deed".

I loved it... It didn't go with the cheap tricks, as if they are highschoolers...The parallel was amazing...

Also, I am on the #bringDaveback wagon :)

They have been dialing down the "Evil" aspects of "Evil Wil Weaton" for quite some time. This was a nod in the right direction (but more Evil, please).

Wil Wheaton had never been "evil", he's the voice of reason in a Nerd's World. He's the Greek (Geek) Chorus expounding on the reality of the World as it is, not as the characters want to see it.

Enjoyed the episode but found Amy's rush to get waxed a bit of a clanger. Sheldon being somewhat of a  social conservative, I would expect him to like Amy to be a natural female. 

I really do not think this was about Sheldon's preference whatsoever (I would not even be surprised to learn he has no clue about the fact that women even do that, considering his shaky grasps on some aspects of social conventions/habits/options). I think it was all about her, either she thought she was obliged to do it because it was right, or she just thought she would be prettier and more confident that way. I seriously doubt Sheldon even has a preference, let alone that he expressed it at any point.

I really do not think this was about Sheldon's preference whatsoever (I would not even be surprised to learn he has no clue about the fact that women even do that, considering his shaky grasps on some aspects of social conventions/habits/options). I think it was all about her, either she thought she was obliged to do it because it was right, or she just thought she would be prettier and more confident that way. I seriously doubt Sheldon even has a preference, let alone that he expressed it at any point.

When I saw a trailer several days ago, all I was thinking was "please, let this not be highschoolish". The Amy scene was on border, but they handled it rather well, especially having in mind we are talking about the adults. I am rather happy they didn't go with Sheldon being in need of explaining the female biology or some cheap condom jokes or IDK what else they could have thought of. The point is they didn't. And I am eternally grateful...

I would agree with you this was Amy doing the thing for her. I doubt she even had Sheldon's preferences in mind. This is the girl who likes tiaras and who wants, from time to time, to feel beautiful and enjoys in it. So I guess the wikini bax was, as you said it, all about her.

This was such a good episode.   I loved the parallels between the premier and Sheldon and Amy's big night.  I also really liked that Sheldon approached it very calmly and matter of factly, but Amy was really nervous.

Wil Wheaton was great, as always.

When I saw a trailer several days ago, all I was thinking was "please, let this not be highschoolish". The Amy scene was on border, but they handled it rather well, especially having in mind we are talking about the adults. I am rather happy they didn't go with Sheldon being in need of explaining the female biology or some cheap condom jokes or IDK what else they could have thought of. The point is they didn't. And I am eternally grateful...

I agree, it was handled well. Sheldon would not need to have the theory explained to him (they bought him THAT BOOK after all!), he just had trouble with accepting the fact that people actively want to have coitus and find it pleasant and thought he would never want to do it. I wonder if he was serious with his "next year" comment.

This was such a good episode.   I loved the parallels between the premier and Sheldon and Amy's big night.  I also really liked that Sheldon approached it very calmly and matter of factly, but Amy was really nervous.

I think that Sheldon was very nervous as well, he just hid it better maybe.

Archived