New forum layout

TheLightning Lord

No you are not losing it. As Ran announced a while back, they had to work on the new design using the data as of a point in time. It took from mid-Sept. to now to finish whatever tweaks they needed to do the get the re-designed site to operate properly (or as near as they could) and then started the site up again with the data as of that point. So everything else is more or less gone (but apparently might be preserved in a read-only form somewhere).

No you are not losing it. As Ran announced a while back, they had to work on the new design using the data as of a point in time. It took from mid-Sept. to now to finish whatever tweaks they needed to do the get the re-designed site to operate properly (or as near as they could) and then started the site up again with the data as of that point. So everything else is more or less gone (but apparently might be preserved in a read-only form somewhere).

Lets hope. I said some incredibly insightful and moving things during that time. ;)

The editor has lost some of its functionalities, for examble I liked the text indent feature. Also the remove formatting tool was useful too. Is there the possibility for an enhanced editor in the future?

I used those two features often as well. If those could be added back in the future, that would be great. But I think also the indent layout in all the posts is gone, and I'm not sure if that can be restored...

I used those two features often as well. If those could be added back in the future, that would be great. But I think also the indent layout in all the posts is gone, and I'm not sure if that can be restored...

No, I had to edit an old OP of mine due to content loss, and the part that was kept (about half - up to a spoiler section) was intact, formatting and all. Only, I did not have the option to use it again, for the lost part that I needed to add.

I wish it could be added back... I also haven't figured how the "Code" tool of the editor functions: I thought that maybe I could format my posts using html & css which would be really cool (though I understand it could be problematic to add such an option), but apparently no...

I don’t like the ability for a stranger to roll over my avatar or name and see what I am viewing. Anonymity works two ways. Protection. Truthfulness.

Protection keeps creeps away. Truthfulness keeps me honest. In my opinion, it is no one’s business which thread I am viewing or when I am viewing it.

I think it looks great. Thank you. 

I am only having trouble trying to figure out how to set it (if I can) to go to last read posts when I open a thread?  Having to flip thru until I find where I left off....well, maybe I'm spoiled from before.  Ha-ha

Any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks again. 

I don’t like the ability for a stranger to roll over my avatar or name and see what I am viewing. Anonymity works two ways. Protection. Truthfulness.

Protection keeps creeps away. Truthfulness keeps me honest. In my opinion, it is no one’s business which thread I am viewing or when I am viewing it.

On the sign-in screen, select "sign in anonymously" (or something similar). That will hide if you are online and which topic you are viewing.

I think it looks great. Thank you. 

I am only having trouble trying to figure out how to set it (if I can) to go to last read posts when I open a thread?  Having to flip thru until I find where I left off....well, maybe I'm spoiled from before.  Ha-ha

Any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks again. 

The forum still has that blue dot to the left that you can click on to go to the first unread post. (The blue dot is a star for a thread you have posted in.) If you don't have that blue dot, perhaps check in the Help Forum to see if anyone else has the same problem.

To be honest, folks, every time we've moved or changed design, people complained. When we went to EzBoard they wanted it to look like EESite, when we went to Westeros's first skins, people wanted it to look like EzBoard, when we revised the skins, people wanted it to look like the old skins.

Having been through most of these changes, yeah. A ton of love to you, Linda, and Sparks. Y'all make this shit look easy. :love:

I love the new design. I have lost quite a lot of insightful posts, but I don't care.

My main issue is that whenever I visit older threads, if the post contains a quote, then there is no reply after that. Is it going to be fixed? Because there are tons of brilliant threads which are going to be lost because of this bug.

I quite like the new layout. Mayhaps you don't like change?

Great change, and good sentiment on people not accepting things. 

I'm a Web developer, anything I can do to help? [pro bono]

Is there a way to reduce the size of the 'flair' or poster identifier on the side of the post?  I am struggling to read these posts and the over-large name-title blocks are cluttering the screen.  Many thanks.

Good luck with the new site. These things never do run smooth. I'm sure there's a proper time and place for this sort of comment but thought I'd report an apparent issue with the display on iOS device (iPhone 5S) in case it hadn't yet been flagged and see if anyone can help me: the site is not automatically adjusting to the width of the screen, instead taking up less than half the width. Meanwhile advertisements on the site are adjusting and appearing at full width. Is it me? Is anyone else experiencing this? Will this be fixed? Also, my password isn't working on my iPhone and the Forgot Password link still hasn't shown up after 30 minutes (yes, I checked spam) so I'm writing this on my work PC  as it turns out I'd left myself logged in on here... My iPhone is definitely my preferred means of viewing and commenting so I would love to know that this is under consideration (even if it can't be fixed for a while).   Although I may just give myself a profile pic while I am here...

Archived