New forum layout

TheLightning Lord

Not being able to clear the formatting it is truly frustrating. There is an opinion to change the font but that takes too long doesn't help when the background color is copied too.

For example issue like this one doesn't have a solution at the moment.

I was in complete admiration with the old design, so this one feels like a nightmare for me. And this is not due to not getting used to differents. You said you will not revert back to the old one due to designs, so there goes all my hopes. I don't think I will spend as much time as I did once. Oh well...

Good luck with the new site. These things never do run smooth. I'm sure there's a proper time and place for this sort of comment but thought I'd report an apparent issue with the display on iOS device (iPhone 5S) in case it hadn't yet been flagged and see if anyone can help me: the site is not automatically adjusting to the width of the screen, instead taking up less than half the width. Meanwhile advertisements on the site are adjusting and appearing at full width. Is it me? Is anyone else experiencing this? Will this be fixed? Also, my password isn't working on my iPhone and the Forgot Password link still hasn't shown up after 30 minutes (yes, I checked spam) so I'm writing this on my work PC  as it turns out I'd left myself logged in on here... My iPhone is definitely my preferred means of viewing and commenting so I would love to know that this is under consideration (even if it can't be fixed for a while).   Although I may just give myself a profile pic while I am here...

Same here. The new design is basically unusable on an iPhone. I don't mind the layout change but this sucks.

I don't know if it's available and I just haven't located it yet, but is it possible to get the old manual code mode back for replies? It was the only reasonable way I found of actually breaking down a long post and replying to individual points in a logical manner while keeping the relevant parts in quotes. I've noticed you can still use the code, but since it doesn't display it when you click the quote button, it makes editing very hard and you would presumably have to click the quote button multiple times and then delete the irrelevant bits out, which is a bit awkward. 

Red is definitely better than black, but it still seems a bit too bright and the cool tones of the overall layout still clash a bit with the background. Just get rid of it completely and just keep the Westeros logo?

I don't mind the design changes and layout but I preferred the brown sepia like background of the previous background. White is glaring especially in dark conditions plus it looks to modern :P furthermore I seem to have lost about half of my posts which is a slight bummer 

Same here. The new design is basically unusable on an iPhone. I don't mind the layout change but this sucks.

Have you tried turning the phone sideways? I know it sounds silly, but it worked wonders for me.  That way the bottom banner ads don't shrink the text.

Disregard - Test

Bla bla

My dragons need time to grow and test their wings

:excl:

The conquerors' first true test came from Lord Darklyn of Duskendale and Lord Mooton of Maidenpool, who joined their power and marched south with three thousand men to drive the invaders back into the sea.

http://asearchoficeandfire.com

55800b3baee8c.gif

Also, an additional update. While we await the restoration of the October DB, we have made the old forum available again at http://forum.westeros.org. This is not being done now as an invitation for people to start copying-and-pasting material from October 13th to November 10th, but just to make sure it works. Wait on transferring anything you really want to transfer until after we restore previous data.

Thread / post here: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/113674-board-issues-4/&do=findComment&comment=7357478

Archived