New forum layout

TheLightning Lord

I can't see how to block someone now so I don't have to see their comments.

Click on the drop down arrow next to your screen name and select "Ignored Users". If you are on your phone click on Menu (the three horizontal lines on the top right hand corner) - Account - Ignored Users.

I am signing in from work 'cause I can't with my not-so-smart phone. I keep getting the error message that my browser doesn't accept cookies, but my browser does accept cookies. WTF?

This is a known issue affecting some users including myself. No solution as far as I know but I have figured out a roundabout way to log in on your phone using either Firefox or Chrome. When you open the page go to the Firefox/Chrome menu and select "Request Desktop Site", log in and then uncheck "Request Desktop Site". You will be redirected to the  Sign In page. You should be able to log in from here.

I am signing in from work 'cause I can't with my not-so-smart phone. I keep getting the error message that my browser doesn't accept cookies, but my browser does accept cookies. WTF?

Multiple problems going on LM. Round about way. www.westeros.org. to get to through to the fourm of ice and fire.

I must say that I loved the old skin better, for aesthetic reasons - I generally prefer warm and subdued colours, and the old onereminded of an ancient book, which I found rather fitting for the saga. It's not that I hate the new look (as I had feared I might) but it lacks that distinct feel. 

Also, I never receive any email alerts for the threads I subscribed for previously, so I'm testing a new one :-)

I must say that I loved the old skin better, for aesthetic reasons - I generally prefer warm and subdued colours, and the old onereminded of an ancient book, which I found rather fitting for the saga. It's not that I hate the new look (as I had feared I might) but it lacks that distinct feel.

I don't disagree in the sense that I also like keeping to designs that have a bit of that old book feel. That is why I have found it so hard to go to a modern design for Westeros.org itself, for example. However, a responsive design is pretty much necessary on the web these days, and when the base design provided is this modern looking, it is hard to make it have that oldfashioned feel. But I am not quite done playing around with colour options and so on.

This is terrible just go back to how it was. The layout looks cooler that is about it. Should have added a thumbs up or a "like" option for peoples posts. Like IGN, or Youtube (except IGN doesnt do thumbs downs). But with all the past content deleted with some good big threads gone, whole thing is just chaos and a mess

But if did the like option to go the IGN way, then nobody gets butt hurt on disliked posts etc

This is terrible just go back to how it was. The layout looks cooler that is about it. Should have added a thumbs up or a "like" option for peoples posts. Like IGN, or Youtube (except IGN doesnt do thumbs downs). But with all the past content deleted with some good big threads gone, whole thing is just chaos and a mess.

I'm not sure if i would like to have every one of my posts with 1000~2000 dislikes each.I'd get banned for being an terrible poster, if you can get banned for it.

I'm not sure if i would like to have every one of my posts with 1000~2000 dislikes each.I'd get banned for being an terrible poster, if you can get banned for it.

You didn't read what I said. I said to do it like IGN where there is no dislike or thumbs downs

You didn't read what I said. I said to do it like IGN where there is no dislike or thumbs downs.

My apologies, i misread it.I hadn't noticed the "like IGN" in the fourth sentence.And again, sorry for that annoying whine.

I f@$!#/g hate the new layout. I was kicked off until today. I tried other forums but they all suck, so I kept trying to figure out how to get back into this one. Finally I tried downloading tapatalk, and for some strange reason I was finally able to log on from my not so smartphone. But I don't use tapatalk. Just goofy...

Even worse though, text from all of my old OPs just disappeared. Why? 

I f@$!#/g hate the new layout. I was kicked off until today. I tried other forums but they all suck, so I kept trying to figure out how to get back into this one. Finally I tried downloading tapatalk, and for some strange reason I was finally able to log on from my not so smartphone. But I don't use tapatalk. Just goofy...

Even worse though, text from all of my old OPs just disappeared. Why? 

Tapatalk was very nice to use... until they made some update about a year ago, which made it much less pleasant to use. 

As to your OPs

Archived