Football Thread No. WhoCares - Let's keep the conversation going

baxus

I am assuming this means mourinho will finally get sacked. 

And watch him return to real madrid.

Yep.

I guess Real or some club in England...Man Utd maybe. He always wanted to manage them and who knows. :D Some people said he cried when Ferguson choose Moyes. I miss Moyes and his Man Utd. 3000 crosses and nothing out of that.

Just watched highlights of Valencia vs Barcelona. My word so many wasted chances from Barca, but great resilience from Valencia. They scored right at the end and you can find positives in their game. Much to improve, but Gary Neville will be pleased with attitude, work rate and will from his players.

holy shit. that was just brutal. hilarious.

during steve mcclaren's thursday press conference used the term 'confidence' over 30 times....seriously. that certainly makes me confident for today.

i'm so confident i'm deliberately spending my sunday afternoon drinking in pub where the match won't be on the tv.  

i'm so confident i'm deliberately spending my sunday afternoon drinking in pub where the match won't be on the tv.  

mcclaren needs to fucking go. we also need to find a centerback to take over for colo. his time is over. sissoko is half shit and half brilliant. it is the shit part that keeps killing us. 

i will be watching while huddling under a blanket on the couch. a couple beers are certain. 

fucking newcastle.

Also, on this:

i just heard martin allen say that the problem we have is not enough english players, 'they need more collbacks and dumetts'.  no we fucking don't, we need more shearers and beardsleys if we are having more english players. 

Pundits who still express this view should be shamed. The idea that English players are more hard-working is so archaic it's comical, and even if you're talking about just dedication to the club, as the naming of two local boys implies- I bet someone like Coloccini, although not having his greatest season, is more dedicated to the club than 99% of British folks they could sign.

Hell, one of their club heroes is Nobby Solano, who got so attached to the club and city that he used to get homesick when in Peru on international duty.

Archived