Football Thread No. WhoCares - Let's keep the conversation going

baxus

Does the result have anything to do with that? 

I'm just glancing on the results on a live-texing page, as I have quite a few papers to grade, and I can't justify watching football not involving Everton...

(I can't justify writing comments either, but well.. I'm not an angel).

Another shit game from United, so business as usual really.

Did not deserve more than a point against PSV, and could have lost that game in the 2nd half.

Disappointing to see this team under LvG. 

Does any team "deserve" to win the EPL this year? Chelsea's gone. City just lost to Juventus and got kicked off the pitch by Liverpool. Arsenal looks nothing like a team of champions. United is collecting draws and meagre wins, extremely unconvincing and playing in a manner which you do not want see rewarded with a title. I'm sort of thinking that Liverpool might be the most attractive team if they continue their flow. Also think Everton has a chance here to finish top 4 for the first time in ages.

Well, that was scrappy. We desperately need a new shot stopper. Mignolet held on to the ball for over 20 seconds, leading to an indirect FK in our box which Bordeaux converted. Allen continues to underwhelm every time he's given an opportunity. Milner scored the penalty, but was otherwise profligate in possession and uninspiring as ever. Benteke had two goals disallowed, and will obviously score plenty of goals given proper service. Firmino looked lost without his Brazilian playmate (Lucas doesn't count). Lovren looked a bit shaky, but still miles better than he ever did under Rodgers. Ibe and Moreno were two of the only bright sparks offensively, but Ibe's decision making and final ball continue to be areas he should improve.

Hopefully Coutinho will be back soon. He's become the pivot of Klopp's attack, and we look a bit lost without him at the moment. 

At least we were strong enough to come from behind after Mignolet's error. He has been more reliable lately but regressed tonight.

We rested some players and still got a win to ensure we go through. While Benteke has a good scoring record so far (plus two disallowed tonight and a penalty won), he and Firmino didn't really connect. More to work on there.

The only pity tonight is Sturridge. I'd like to say I hope it's minor but that just seems so naive.

Calibander - Spurs are worthy of a mention more than Liverpool, even though I think they'll struggle as injuries eventually occur.

Sturridge injured again. It's well beyond funny now.

As much as I hate to admit it...Spurs look good this season. Kane seems to get into the rhythm and their midfield works actually pretty well. I saw a couple of games with them and was there in London when we draw in Kloppo's frist game.

Thing with Sturridge is actually a really sad story from my perspective. I really like the lad and while Suarez was with us...SAS even tho I hate it calling it...he was ridicously good. Before the season I felt like Sturridge, Benteke might work together. But soon we all realize the reasons on why Chelsea was so keen to sell him.

Well, that was scrappy. We desperately need a new shot stopper. Mignolet held on to the ball for over 20 seconds, leading to an indirect FK in our box which Bordeaux converted. Allen continues to underwhelm every time he's given an opportunity. Milner scored the penalty, but was otherwise profligate in possession and uninspiring as ever. Benteke had two goals disallowed, and will obviously score plenty of goals given proper service. Firmino looked lost without his Brazilian playmate (Lucas doesn't count). Lovren looked a bit shaky, but still miles better than he ever did under Rodgers. Ibe and Moreno were two of the only bright sparks offensively, but Ibe's decision making and final ball continue to be areas he should improve.

Hopefully Coutinho will be back soon. He's become the pivot of Klopp's attack, and we look a bit lost without him at the moment. 

The thing with Mignolet is that he can perform wonders in one game and then one stupid totally unnecesarry mistake happens. Although, you gottta give him credit his reflexes are good. Still if we ever want to truly go after title...you need something even better. When you look at the goalkeepers tha won the league recently. Everyone truly top class and Simon is missing somthing here. Be more dominant in his area, erase the errors and concentratet a bit more. There's got to be an elite goalkeeper. Is there any goalkeeper that better than him...that can be signed? I just can't see anyone.

Even Mangala(bless him for that wonderful goal) would be a better defender than Lovren under Rodgers. I might be too. :laugh: Missing Couts big time, but it was always gonna be a scrappy gam with the changes and Couts out of the game.

Archived