Limitless the Show

Castel

Anyone following this show? There was a lot of complaining when it was revealed that it was going to be a procedural but, as a show, it's definitely done well with its format. 

That latest episode was pretty good. The reaction of

the government is exactly why the entire "consulting" thing seemed so silly. This is a matter of natural security and prosperity, they're going to take this veeery seriously. Not a surprise that they'd outright try to crush anyone that interfered.

Of course, this makes last week's plot even sillier in hindsight.  

Still, it wasn't as radical as I'd want it to be, but you have to love things for what they are,not what you want them to be.

I like it a lot. It's my favorite new show of the season, I think. I like that it's both serious and silly at times. They strike a good balance with that. I really enjoyed the Ferris Bueller episode as a fun one-off. I realize all of it didn't make sense, but the fun factor made up for that.

I'm really looking forward to seeing where the show goes. I am all in on it.

I like it a lot. It's my favorite new show of the season, I think. I like that it's both serious and silly at times. They strike a good balance with that. I really enjoyed the Ferris Bueller episode as a fun one-off. I realize all of it didn't make sense, but the fun factor made up for that.

I'm really looking forward to seeing where the show goes. I am all in on it.

I do like the lighter tone when it's appropriate, and it often is. What I do think we get faar to much of is exposition. It makes sense to have NZT!Brian if there are inferrences we simply cannot see another way, but there's time when he -and the graphics- show up only to explain very basic shit, to an almost insulting degree. There's a scene with a videotape that was just silly, tbh.

It works as an exposition tool, but that made it almost seem like split personalities. 

I think NZT!Brian is supposed to seem like a different personality than regular Brian. I agree that the exposition is a little too on the nose at times, but I like that they have a fairly clear delineation of when Finch is on the drug and when he is not.

I also like how so many of the characters other than Finch and Rebecca (and maybe Ike?) and are being presented as morally gray. Sands and Senator Morra are being made to look like the bad guys right now, but I think with at least Morra, we've seen enough to cast doubt on that. He may be working for the greater good. And Naz, while seeming mostly good at this point, is still definitely shady.

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, Risto said:

Great ASOIAF/GRRM reference with Limitless in Episode 18. Loved it very much :)

I was hoping someone would find this thread. That was hilarious. What would you do for a chance to learn the ending of Asoiaf?

28 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I was hoping someone would find this thread. That was hilarious. What would you do for a chance to learn the ending of Asoiaf?

If it would take release hot blonde from gulag, I would joyously pay the price :)

On a more serious note, I need books not the ending. I am more "enjoying the ride" type of guy.

4 minutes ago, Risto said:

If it would take release hot blonde from gulag, I would joyously pay the price :)

On a more serious note, I need books not the ending. I am more "enjoying the ride" type of guy.

From what I understood, GRRM helped Brian out, because NZT Brian helped GRRM figure his shit out. So if this was the real world, we could expect the next book within a month. :P

32 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

From what I understood, GRRM helped Brian out, because NZT Brian helped GRRM figure his shit out. So if this was the real world, we could expect the next book within a month. :P

Perhaps this was spoiler and we can really expect the books coming soon. Thanks Finch :)

When they said the commissioner's internet handle was "The Iron Price" I was like "I wonder if...?"

Then it went so far into ASOIAF fandom, I was really LMAO. And kudos for calling it "Ice and Fire" and talking about the books! Most references in other shows only talk about the show Game of Thrones.

I really love Limitless. I think it's so well done. I  love its quirkiness. I get bored with regular episodic shows nowadays, but in Limitless something happens at the beginning and you'd think, ok, the entire episode is going to be about solving this, but nope, on NZT Brian has it solved in 5 minutes and onto the next thing while the overall arching plot of the series gets main focus throughout the episode.

• 2 months later...

This is total horseshit. CBS strikes again. Limitless was definitely the best new show of the past fall/spring seasons. So let's see, now I have only The Big Bang Theory and Elementary on CBS, but those are two shows I would not jump through hoops to see. hmm, I guess I won't be getting CBS Access until the new Star Trek.

I can't believe that they have let bland Scorpion continue, while this got cancelled.

What's up with this year? Apparently a lot of bad decisions all across the networks.

Archived