The Walking Dead S6 (no comic spoilers)

AncalagonTheBlack

Only watched it just now. Liked it, but mostly predictable stuff. I figured the church was going to fall and bring down the wall when they showed the cracks in it for the second time. But I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I agree  that this is the episode we should've had after Morgan's flashback, though.

I enjoyed the episode, and I still love the show, but it's getting a wee bit tired.  I was kind of jazzed about the building falling, and the wall collapsing.  Surely next week will be an action-packed episode, but at this point, with Carol's cryptic/potentially problematic statement on killing to Sam all whilst leaving the helpless Judith in the house, Ron's sneaking of bullets out (with the old diversion tactic), and Morgan's determination to not have any blood on his hands (and why has no one pointed out to him that not killing those two bozos at his campfire is what caused the whole massacre?  Do they not know he's run into the wolf pack before?), I'm seriously starting to root for the zombies.

The zombies are low maintenance, easily understood, and have very little to say.  The downside is that they are obviously stinky, and will eat you.    

I don't think they know he met them before, no.

Morgan? He's dead to me.  In a time where only the fittest survive, he is in the bottom and as much a danger to others as the wolves are. Same thing with little Damien boy. One "Mom" out of his mouth and I would have slowly done an Exorcist head turn and given him "Mom death eyes." Jesus, what's wrong with these people. 

Morgan? He's dead to me.  In a time where only the fittest survive, he is in the bottom and as much a danger to others as the wolves are. Same thing with little Damien boy. One "Mom" out of his mouth and I would have slowly done an Exorcist head turn and given him "Mom death eyes." Jesus, what's wrong with these people. 

^^^Jason Alexander cracking me the F up on Talking Dead saying, "I'm sorry but this kid needs to die, I'd kill him myself." (Audience applauds Loudly!)

Sam must die...

Maybe stupid Morgan will learn when his passivism antics lead to whats-her-name's death...

Deanna's death scream reminded me of that scene in Full Metal Jacket... "Let me see your war face"

Judith is like Walker veal

"Yeah my dad killed your dad... but you have to understand that your dad was an asshole"

The little kid at the beginning (playing "Tiptoe through the Tulips??? Really????) is losing it big-time.  Did you see the dark circles under his eyes and the way the sound went in and out weirdly as his mom is telling him they have to hide?  PTSD X 100000000.     

The Morgan v. Carol showdown was kinda demeaning to both of them.  The ridiculousness that each person was spouting was lazy writing and served no purpose. It made two badass characters into caricatures.  The writers should be ashamed.  And then to have their silly fighting end, Keystone Kop-like, with the Wolf getting possession of the weapon just put the capper on it.

Rick didn't have much to do this episode but run from here to there, looking sweaty.    

Before I watched this episode, I was really looking forward to being blown out of my seat.  Instead, I wanted to stick a gun under my chin like Deanna.

Oh, and Carl is crazy for trusting son-of-porch-dick.  The kid obviously has a hard-on for him that isn't going to go away easily. 

Score:  4/10   (Four only because I liked the Latin phrase's meaning.) 

It reminded me a lot of Lizzie.  She fed the zombies, Sam's monsters right now are ants and he's feeding those.  Thought for a second he might actually go after Judith, and when Judith cried I half expected Rick to find that Sam had put her on top of the cookie the ants were eating.  But him crying for him mom at the end almost surely means he'll get eaten, just like he did in his drawing and just like Carol threatened him with.  

Did they play "Tiptoe through the Tulips" during that interlude Lizzie, her sister (?) and Carol spent in the farmhouse? You know the one, where the opening shot starts from inside the house, pans to the curtains blowing lightly in the breeze, and you catch a glimpse of Lizzie "playing" with one of the zombies? 

Maybe I'm dreaming - It IS late.

I just really can't get over the fact that characters continue to treat Rick as though he's something amazing when everything he touches turns to shit.  Is this an inside joke with the writers or something?  Deanna's last words to Rick were simply hilarious considering her entire community has come crumbling down since Rick arrived.  Every single thing he has done created this scenario.  

Did they play "Tiptoe through the Tulips" during that interlude Lizzie, her sister (?) and Carol spent in the farmhouse? You know the one, where the opening shot starts from inside the house, pans to the curtains blowing lightly in the breeze, and you catch a glimpse of Lizzie "playing" with one of the zombies? 

Maybe I'm dreaming - It IS late.

IMDB says it was a different song.  

This has absolutely become one of the worst shows on TV. I am fucking baffled at what they decided to do this episode.

Completely agree. Although 3 decent episodes and 5 terrible episodes is a better rate of return compared to season 5

The Morgan v. Carol showdown was kinda demeaning to both of them.  The ridiculousness that each person was spouting was lazy writing and served no purpose. It made two badass characters into caricatures.  The writers should be ashamed.  And then to have their silly fighting end, Keystone Kop-like, with the Wolf getting possession of the weapon just put the capper on it.

Score:  4/10   (Four only because I liked the Latin phrase's meaning.) 

Literally everything about that scene was terrible, with everything you mentioned plus Morgan and Carol getting knocked out for the count ala Smallville. The writing in this show has always been crap but it may have just hit a new low

When the wolf got the gun I found myself hoping he'd kill everyone in the room apart from Carol

When the wolf got the gun I found myself hoping he'd kill everyone in the room apart from Carol

But then he didn't kill anybody, which just added to the list of things in this episode that beggared belief. For whatever reason the writers are dancing around the idea of killing off known characters lately. A big part of this show's appeal through the first several seasons was the feeling that no one was safe. All of Rick's crew seems to have acquired plot armor since arriving in Alexandria.

Assuming the show hadn't already jumped the shark, this episode removed all doubt for me.

The absurd standoff between Carol and Morgan, the laughably bad antics of Carl and son-of-Porchdick, whatever the fuck that was with Deanna - It's just awful, shitty television and I am rapidly losing interest.

I still don't understand why Tara didn't just immediately shoot him in the head.  I mean, people in this world can make headshots all day long, even new shooters, even those with concussions, so there's no way she'd miss.  Maybe Denise would get a little owie on her neck as the Wolf guy falls, but more likely six people would walk away from that scene rather than five people stranded inside a house and the town doctor in the middle of a zombie festival.  

Deanna's last words to Rick were simply hilarious considering her entire community has come crumbling down since Rick arrived.

I don't know that it's fair to blame Rick. Only because it seems like somehow Alexandria was completely untouched by zombies and violent humans until Rick's group showed up. Which is pretty dumb. But technically if Rick had never shown up with his questionable plan the heard would have gotten free and probably been a threat to the town. 

I still don't understand why Tara didn't just immediately shoot him in the head.  I mean, people in this world can make headshots all day long, even new shooters, even those with concussions, so there's no way she'd miss.  Maybe Denise would get a little owie on her neck as the Wolf guy falls, but more likely six people would walk away from that scene rather than five people stranded inside a house and the town doctor in the middle of a zombie festival.  

It bothered me so much when they turned over their guns. They basically just gave a guy with one hostage six hostages instead. The show's nonsensical writing is the only reason that decision didn't result in all of their deaths. 

This. That was dumb as hell.

And I agree about Rick, everythning he touches turns to shit yet people act like he's some god of some sort.

To me the ants were pretty straightforward. You have the oblivious kid drawing a picture while listening to music and he doesn't know there is a swarm of ants coming in to eat his food = this kid is oblivious to the swarm of walkers coming in to eat his people.

Not a very good episode, I won't bore anyone else with the two bad fights that happened.

Also tired of the whole time shift theme. Clearly the "help" that Darryl and company heard on the radio was mullet man. I am ready for them to just stick with one timeline and get them core back together.

And I would have knocked that kid out and carried him instead of trusting him to not freak out.

Exactly - it was the sort of nonsense typically reserved for the worst shows on television. Tara is sweet on the doctor now so she can't risk her life by taking a point-blank shot at this maniac who only has a knife. Better instead to hand over a bunch of loaded guns to said maniac so that he can shoot and kill whomever he wants, while still using the doc as a human shield for his escape thru the herd. Even attempting to assign any logic to such a course of action makes my head hurt.

Archived