The Tales of Drunk and Egg

A True Kaniggit

• 2 weeks later...
On January 11, 2016 at 7:30 PM, rocksniffer said:

i am out of sake and ready to drink some gentleman jack....but all my girls are against it....

should i drink or should i not now......

I want to know what happens after  this cliffhanger. Was the gentlemen jack drank? I'd like to believe so.

8 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I want to know what happens after  this cliffhanger. Was the gentlemen jack drank? I'd like to believe so.

well the next line was ....keep drinking and there'll be trouble...drink the jack it will be double...

though since i ain't married to any of the concerned ladies...yeah i was no gentleman and the jack got drank...

:smoking:

On January 10, 2016 at 4:08 AM, Grand Maester Mithrandir said:

One of my goals for this year is to try American beer. Any tips on which to go for & which to avoid.

ps: no ciders

Well, yeah, I could name a few. But American breweries make... Cripes, I don't know...tens, hundreds of thousands of different beers? Aside from "avoid pretty much anything that comes in a thirty rack", some ideas of what styles you like and what's available in your area could help with recommendations. 

On 1/10/2016 at 4:08 AM, Grand Maester Mithrandir said:

One of my goals for this year is to try American beer. Any tips on which to go for & which to avoid.

ps: no cidersD

Depends.  If you're actually in the states, just look for a micro brewery near you.  There are probably 5000 of them or so now, as a guestimate  (more than 40 in CT, which is only about 1% of the US population).  American beer might just be the most interesting the world nowadays, though that was certainly not the case 20 years ago.   If you're overseas, not sure what they are exporting, probably mostly the AMBEV stuff which is by its very nature global and mass taste.  What are you looking for?

23 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

You are forever condemned to fill that glass.   Sorry YOU!

I need a nap now.  I drank all the beer.

I think I might've redeemed myself tonight. The glass got filled. With Bourbon. I drank it. Many times. Can I please be un-excommunicated? P.S. I hope you had a good nap.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news I have a few stray thoughts/questions I want to put out there for the board:

1) Beware of panda's. They look cute, but they are still bears. If you put them in a corner, they will maul you.

2) How late can the pizza stay out before it is no longer safe to eat?

3) Aren't penguins awesome?

4) That shirt looks awesome on you BWT. And I'm not just being polite.

5) I can't think of anything for number five :-(  .

6) I'm changing the title back to my previous one, because it was killed before it's time.

7) And I've brought this up before, but it still bothers me. Why the hell do we sleep so much? Why hasn't this evolved out of us by now? You'd think something that puts us in a state of total vulnerability for 25%-33% of our lives would eventually get Darwined out of our system. Maybe sleep will become more efficient in the future?

Edit: That sound moment when you start drinking apple sauce out the bottle.

be not afraid of the panda...offer him noodles and he is yours for life

pizza is always safe to eat, since no part of it is real food...thus no spoilage

penguins, flightless dwarfs doomed to waddle and slide through life, they are useless as birds ...however they make fine waiters

i am not wearing a shirt...

i choose 5 fingers of tequila...and 5 lemons wedges...and 5 hot bodies to drink them from

that is your right, to be sure...but my weed consumption is preventing me from getting too excited about it

we sleep...perchance to dream...

time to go to the liquor store

:smoking:

On 1/31/2016 at 4:56 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

7) And I've brought this up before, but it still bothers me. Why the hell do we sleep so much? Why hasn't this evolved out of us by now? You'd think something that puts us in a state of total vulnerability for 25%-33% of our lives would eventually get Darwined out of our system. Maybe sleep will become more efficient in the future?

I got into a drunken argument with a guy who insisted that snoring only developed in the last few hundred years.  He figured that people would have all been eaten by wolves if they snored in times of yore.

On 2/1/2016 at 0:16 PM, larrytheimp said:

I got into a drunken argument with a guy who insisted that snoring only developed in the last few hundred years.  He figured that people would have all been eaten by wolves if they snored in times of yore.

What about drunkards?  Pre-marinated wolf meat.

On 2/1/2016 at 0:16 PM, larrytheimp said:

Crap. I snore. I knew those wolves were trying to eat me.

Another sleep thought I had. Please don't criticize the math people. I'm gonna do a lot of rounding off to make it simpler. I know babies sleep longer than adults. And I'm not counting leap years.

Here it goes. If 2 people live to be the same age, but one of them slept more than the other, can it be argued that the person who slept less was, in a way, alive longer?

For instance, two people die at the age of 50. One slept for 8 hours a night while the other slept 7 hours a night. The one who slept 8 hours a night was conscious for 12,166.67 days. The one who slept 7 hours a night was conscious for 12,927.0833 days. That's a 760 day difference over those 50 years.

Archived