LEFTOVERS .. 2% of threads disappear (SPOILERS)

Howdyphillip

I'm thinking whatever forces were talking to grandpa wanted Kevin out of the picture, hence the murder attempt.  Another take is that grandpa knew that Kevin was at the river the night his granddaughter disappeared and decided Kevin was to blame.  Murdering Kevin then killing himself was his final act of redemption.  

Regardless, Kevin is totally screwed with his palm print.  Things are going to end very poorly.

Remember what happened the last time someone committed suicide in front of Kevin? Virgil killed himself in part to like atone for his past crimes, and in part to be Kevin's new and hopefully better spiritual guide (hence the name, as he's gonna guide Kevin through his personal hell). 

Remember what happened the last time someone committed suicide in front of Kevin? Virgil killed himself in part to like atone for his past crimes, and in part to be Kevin's new and hopefully better spiritual guide (hence the name, as he's gonna guide Kevin through his personal hell). 

I like the allusion to Dante.

Hmmm...I didn't consider that.  Why did he get rid of the epinephrine?  Maybe he has faith that whatever forces involved wouldn't let Kevin die?  I can't really recall any other show that has so many layers of nuance.  

Hmmm...I didn't consider that.  Why did he get rid of the epinephrine?  Maybe he has faith that whatever forces involved wouldn't let Kevin die?  I can't really recall any other show that has so many layers of nuance.  

I was thinking it was because he didn't want the grandson to get cold feet and save him? After all that is his girlfriends dad.

If you really want him to die though, why not shoot him with the gun a few times after poisoning him? 

My theory is that the actual plan is to have Kevin placed in a box and buried underground for three days. I think Vrgil joined him to help him do battle. 

I am also quite sure, that no matter how this story line ends, it will be equally validated that there is a scientific explanation and a supernatural one.  

there is a difference between events being unexplained, and characters behaving inexplicibly

So far, you haven't seen any characters act inexplicably though. Their motivations might not have been revealed yet, but with the quality of this writing, I am sure that it will be.

My theory is that the actual plan is to have Kevin placed in a box and buried underground for three days. I think Vrgil joined him to help him do battle. 

I am also quite sure, that no matter how this story line ends, it will be equally validated that there is a scientific explanation and a supernatural one.  

I would actually prefer it if the writers never give us a final explanation. The slow reveals leading to more and more questions is what I love about the show. Our discussion seeking to answer questions or explain things mirrors that of the characters on the show. It's both frustrating and massively entertaining.

there is a difference between events being unexplained, and characters behaving inexplicibly

I so agree... what bothers me about this show is that everyone is irrational... besides most of the cast being gigantic assholes... why on earth would Kevin bring his ex-fucking-wife back to his & Nora's house when he is allegedly trying to patch things up?... or why would Nora pay a million dollars more than she had to for the house?... and Matt makes more stupid decisions than a hormonal 16 year old..... Ugh....

I so agree... what bothers me about this show is that everyone is irrational... besides most of the cast being gigantic assholes... why on earth would Kevin bring his ex-fucking-wife back to his & Nora's house when he is allegedly trying to patch things up?... or why would Nora pay a million dollars more than she had to for the house?... and Matt makes more stupid decisions than a hormonal 16 year old..... Ugh....

Agreed, but I think season one was sooooo much worse in that regard, with like Jill becoming Edmure Tully and giving baby Jesus a viking funeral, or Nora with the prostitutes, or Kevin finding the missing toasts and the show treating it like the height of apotheosis. 

This season that's still there, especially with John's completely irrational behavior (like, I get it man, you don't believe in miracles and hate scammers, but chill!), but I feel it's toned down a bit.

I assumed there was digitalis in the drink, enough to cause the drooling and severe bradycardia/coma but not enough to kill him. That's what I was assuming up until Virgil shot himself after throwing away the epinephrine. I still don't think Kevin's dead though.

It bothers you that an insane person who tries to kill themselves in their sleep, is hallucinating an aggressive woman he watched open her own throat, and who he is in desperate need to get rid of...would act irrationally? 

Or that a woman who lost her entire family to an unexplainable event, who just had the shit scared out of her by MIT students claiming that another departure could absolutely happen again, would desperately and irrationally seek out a place that she believed her new family would be safe? Perhaps even overpaying for that belief? 

Or that someone who operates on nothing but pure 100% religious faith would make stupid decisions? 

Sure, removing all context from the aforementioned scenarios would indeed make these people seem irrational, but I don't know why anyone would want to do that. Perhaps you can shed some light on that part of this.

Archived