Mental Health Support Group

Malik Ambar

As happy as everyone here is to help out, you need to find someone you trust to talk to, whether that is a professional, a friend, or a family member, it'll do you wonders to talk things through. It is also important to remain positive, and to know that you're in a much better place than you were. If you've already improved your life so much, you can easily beat some depressing feelings. 

As for your stress problems, just try and visualize a successful end to the bar, and remember very few things worth attaining come without stress, but how you deal with it is up to you. Only people who try deal with it well, so make sure you try, and most of all be positive! Look for the things that make you happy, even the little things. 

I was depressed between 17-21 and had occasional suicidal thoughts. I also suffered from mild OCD and anxiety issues. For me a few things helped cope: finding out as much information as I could, writing down my thoughts and feelings in a journal, working on not shaming or criticizing myself for having these issues, talking with a trusted friend when necessary. I’d recommend speaking with a therapist or mental health professional. 

4 hours ago, Mandy said:

/SNIP/

Also, the bar is INCREDIBLY stressful.  I know several attorneys who work for BIG LAW international firms who had to take it several times and had a month, paid from work to study, with classes.  I can't imagine what it would be like to read an old IEP, but it sounds like you really have succeeded.  I hope you can find a way to just be thankful for how great you have done up to now.  Sorry if that's not very helpful.

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is incredibly encouraging to get this kind of support and just positive words. It is very helpful.

Also, I'm sorry about the relationship you have with your mother, but I believe I know what your talking about. Your mother is a "toxic emotional vampire?"

Am I correct in guessing your mother is sort catty and critical in kind of a quiet/ passive aggressive way? In that she will do it, and then deny she is doing so and saying "she only wants to help?"

I love my own mother, but there is definitly that side to her.

Archived