NBA Season 2015 - 16 Bow to the Brow

Relic

Such a knee-jerk reaction. They added some new pieces, right? Seems like you'd give them at least 20 games to gel before you started cutting heads. You have to wonder how much Harden had to do with it. There's something about that guy I don't like.

Yeah I agree completely.

And having to coach Harden and Howard would be a nightmare.

Seems pretty meaningless and misleading. One of those was just an 8 point deficit, which seems fairly unremarkable.

Well yeah, many stats are misleading. That being said, if you give up 40 points to your opponent in one quarter of play, I'd have to guess you're losing more of those than you're winning.

In related news, the Warriors cut the lead to 5 going into the 4th. 91-85 Clips.

Well yeah, most stats a misleading. That being said, if you give up 40 points to your opponent in one quarter of play, I'd have to guess you're losing more of those than you're winning.

Sure, but it is less remarkable than x point deficit and seems more like interesting trivia than amazing stat. Also, with Golden State being a high scoring team, I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to outscore an opponent who had 40 points a quarter.

And I wouldn't say stats are misleading but that they lack context. I place the blame on the reader user not the stat.

Edit - So I don't slap myself for what I said earlier.

Maybe you'll find this stat more meaningful, Proudfeet. Since the start of last season, The Warriors are 3-3 in games in which they trailed by 20 or more points.

The rest of the NBA is a combined 13-486.

http://deadspin.com/so-how-are-you-supposed-to-beat-the-warriors-1743700099

Looks better, but trailed by 20 when? At any point. That means they count the same whether they were trailing early or in the last minute. What about the next best team at that statistic? 

Don't mind me though, I just get annoyed at things like that. I think it stems from reading newspaper reports on surveys that only publish results but nothing about methodology. So frustrating.

Looks better, but trailed by 20 when? At any point. That means they count the same whether they were trailing early or in the last minute. What about the next best team at that statistic? 

C'mon. Is there a team ever in the history of ever that overcame a 20 point lead in the last minute? This isn't MTV Rock N' Jock Basketball. There's no 25 point shot.

Archived