Roose Bolton a Ice priest?

LordImp

There is something mysterious about Roose  Bolton. And i dont think his endgame is Winterfell and warden of the North, i think he is up to something more.

So i have the idea that he might be some kind of ice sorcerer , just like Mel just that he uses Ice and wants a endless winter . Im not saying that he is a working with the Others but that he wants them to invade and maybe idolizes them. 

What do you think? 

Sorry, Im not really a fan of these theories where Roose is a demon/vampire/ whatever.

Roose is just a cold and calculating human being. His depravity doesn't necessarily mean he isn't human.

I just find Roose and Ramsay more compelling as human beings as opposed to ice demons. If the latter were true, than the message would be "no human being is capable of Bolton level depravity" which of course we know, is not true.

And as humans, I don't think Roose and Ramsay would want the others to win. They want to live.

Also, what purpose would ice magic serve Roose? How do you envision him using it?

This isn't the Roose Bolton story

But it very well could be a tale about the hordes of ice monsters in the north wreaking havoc down south. Most people, myself included, have so far preferred other events such as the Stark and Lanmister war, the politics of kl etc. 

But there is an invasion coming. George hasn't set up the others as compelling characters. Books like these often fall short because the final chapters/big baddies are lacklustre e.g. the Forsaken in the wheel of time series. I honestly believe Roose is a priest or a follower of the others, quite possibly a decendant of the nights king. And I think the others having human allies makes them both far more interesting and far more dangerous. 

We don't know the hierarchy of the Others. I think it's possible the ones we've seen are the equivalent of Mel, not a human like Roose.

I agree with above that he works best as a representation of human evil, not supernatural.  

Anything is possible. Even if it is extremely unlikely 

Roose is the last surviving son of the Night's King and his Other bride. When the KoW and Joruman finally overthrew the NK, Roose was about to be sacrificed to the Others, just like Craster does with his sons. With the NK being a Bolton, little Roose naturally inherited his father's lands and titles.

Roose survives throughout the eons by fathering sons on human wives, waiting until they come of age, then killing them, flaying them (thus the Bolton sigil) and donning their skins as his own. In this way he remains Lord of the Dreadfort (and perhaps Lord of Winterfell on occasion, such as Brandon Ice Eyes) throughout the ages. It's a near-perfect disguise, except for the eyes, which remain pale as milk glass. He also must leech himself regularly to prevent black blood from congealing in his hands and feet, and he never sweats. His voice is a whisper yet roomfuls of Greatjons and other boisterous northern lords quiet right down the moment he says a word.

It also explains why he would brush off the murder of his trueborn son and heir -- a capable, competent youth according to those who knew him -- and then reward his murderer with legitimacy and a lordship. If Dom was in fact not Roose's son, but Brandon's, he would not have been a viable candidate for flaying, and Roose said he knew Ramsay was his the moment he saw his eyes -- thus he needs Ramsay in a position to inherit, not Dom.

If Roose dies in the next two books, keep a sharp eye on Ramsay and see if he doesn't suddenly calm down, start speaking in whispers and leeching himself.

Don't you think we'd have some evidence or at least hints if this was the case? Yeah, the dude is creepy and weird, but that alone doesn't make him a Renfield-like character, much less an inhuman ice lich or whatever.

Plus, if he's in league with the Others it means we might never get the scene of the Boltons flaying someone alive only for the skinless corpse to rise up and wreck shit. And I need that scene in my life.

Roose is the last surviving son of the Night's King and his Other bride. When the KoW and Joruman finally overthrew the NK, Roose was about to be sacrificed to the Others, just like Craster does with his sons. With the NK being a Bolton, little Roose naturally inherited his father's lands and titles.

Roose survives throughout the eons by fathering sons on human wives, waiting until they come of age, then killing them, flaying them (thus the Bolton sigil) and donning their skins as his own. In this way he remains Lord of the Dreadfort (and perhaps Lord of Winterfell on occasion, such as Brandon Ice Eyes) throughout the ages. It's a near-perfect disguise, except for the eyes, which remain pale as milk glass. He also must leech himself regularly to prevent black blood from congealing in his hands and feet, and he never sweats. His voice is a whisper yet roomfuls of Greatjons and other boisterous northern lords quiet right down the moment he says a word.

It also explains why he would brush off the murder of his trueborn son and heir -- a capable, competent youth according to those who knew him -- and then reward his murderer with legitimacy and a lordship. If Dom was in fact not Roose's son, but Brandon's, he would not have been a viable candidate for flaying, and Roose said he knew Ramsay was his the moment he saw his eyes -- thus he needs Ramsay in a position to inherit, not Dom.

If Roose dies in the next two books, keep a sharp eye on Ramsay and see if he doesn't suddenly calm down, start speaking in whispers and leeching himself.

That was awesome.

Don't you think we'd have some evidence or at least hints if this was the case? Yeah, the dude is creepy and weird, but that alone doesn't make him a Renfield-like character, much less an inhuman ice lich or whatever.

Plus, if he's in league with the Others it means we might never get the scene of the Boltons flaying someone alive only for the skinless corpse to rise up and wreck shit. And I need that scene in my life.

The only evidence is what I posted, and it's far from conclusive. The leaching, the voice, etc. But the strangest thing is Domerick. Even if RB was the most foul, vile lord in history, he would still want his son and heir to rule after him. But not only does he forgive Ramsay for killing him, but then legitimizes him and raises him to lord -- and all because Roose knew instantly that Rams was his because of his eyes...

Why the heck not?   Roose has been set up so mysteriously and so very dangerously.   He reeks of supernatural (sorry, couldn't help it).  This guy is beyond weird and he's way too calm.  There is a whole lot more to Roose Bolton than we've been privy to and Ice Priest is as likely as any other theory I've read.   The Boltons are sort of like the Daynes with only select pieces of information doled out in small portions.   We've spent a lot of time supposing Stannis will whip Bolton butt in the upcoming battle at Winterfell, but what if it turns out completely differently?   Or Roose disappears?  

sadly no.

lol have you seen the video and then the post discussion? If not im not going to ruin anything cause of another slip

I have not seen the video, but I can infer. I have been on these forums since 2012 and have seen things. Terrible things. Horrible things 

Archived