Penny Dreadful Season 3; You Can Either Watch it or Pay to Have Your Teeth Fixed [spoilers]

HexMachina

Agreed.  Nice to see Patti Lupone get started right off the bat in the first episode after her Tour de Force last season.  (That shouldn't be a spoiler really as there was plenty of press/vids about that).

Unfortunately a bit of a longer wait for the second episode now after watching the 1st one early, but well worth it.  Penny delivers as usual, continues to keep that same magic formula intact while yet innovating enough to keep things interesting.  Strong opener, there will be a lot of 4.5 and even 5 stars out there in the critics world I'll wager.

9 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

It's available on lot's of platforms:

I can't access it on any of those. This does just look a US thing.

3 hours ago, Astromech said:

Excellent! That is how you open a season.

*blows raspberry*

There is a scene with Patti LuPone up that people can watch though. Looks a bit like last year, where each episode had two preview clips released the week before it aired

On 27/12/2015 at 6:55 PM, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

There was nothing scary about naked vampires running around.. naked. It was silly really.

Agreed. The vampires should have been protecting their modesty. Everyone knows that vampires are demure and chaste little creatures that have no truck with wanton displays of sexuality and the like.

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I can't access it on any of those. This does just look a US thing.

*blows raspberry*

There is a scene with Patti LuPone up that people can watch though. Looks a bit like last year, where each episode had two preview clips released the week before it aired

That entire scene with Vanessa and Dr Seward is brilliant.

Here is Logan talking a bit about the premiere and what is to come this season. Some interesting stuff like

The fact we are getting Renfield. Though there is a character in one of the trailers who kind of looks like Renfield so not too surprising. 

Lily's violent suffragette movement, I read something about this a while back, so it would be interesting.

A scene with Dr Jekyll, Dr Frankenstein, and Dorian Grey :drool: 

The Creature is mostly isolated and has no scenes with Frankenstein. But does have one with Vanessa :) 

Love triangle. Oh my aching shippers heart, curse it all.

30 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

I really hope this Ethan storyline doesn't drag out too long and has an interesting payoff, especially considering the shortened season.

I'm much less worried about this series than others that have just premiered.

6 minutes ago, Astromech said:

I'm much less worried about this series than others that have just premiered.

I'm just quoting you because I can't be bothered to go back and find your earlier comment, but it does look like you were at least partially correct about an Ethan flashback - we will be getting that 3 04 apparently. I am rather curious how this is paced to fit into 9 episodes, as it seems like a busy season. But from the clips and promos etc I've seen so far I'm optimistic.

3 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Jekyll and Frankenstein must have been in the most repressed frat ever.

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't this show's flashback episodes been rather outstanding?

Both so far have been widely praised on this board yes. Not sure how that stands elsewhere but I have always enjoyed those episodes the most

16 hours ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

I'm down on Outlander too and after the atrocious seasons that TWD and Vikings just had, I don't doubt PD will have the better season.

Nope, guess again . . .

16 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I'm just quoting you because I can't be bothered to go back and find your earlier comment, but it does look like you were at least partially correct about an Ethan flashback - we will be getting that 3 04 apparently. I am rather curious how this is paced to fit into 9 episodes, as it seems like a busy season. But from the clips and promos etc I've seen so far I'm optimistic.

I'm wondering how many episodes will feature the cast dispersed before they reunite in London.

It's also kind of nice to have an exact date for the show. I'm not sure if it was mentioned in the previous seasons and I missed it, but it's stated directly in the season premiere.

1 hour ago, Astromech said:

Nope, guess again . . .

I'm wondering how many episodes will feature the cast dispersed before they reunite in London.

It's also kind of nice to have an exact date for the show. I'm not sure if it was mentioned in the previous seasons and I missed it, but it's stated directly in the season premiere.

The title of the first episode has been known since sometime last year I think, which provides the date. Someone tweeted a picture of the front of the script when filming started. But no, do t think the date was ever mentioned before now.

hmm, good question. From what I recall in various spoilers, it seems that 

Ethan meets his father around episode 6 or so? (I might need to check that one though) Which means a pretty late return to London with Sir Malcom and Kaetnaey. By the sounds of he interview I linked just yesterday, Frankenstein, Lily, Dorian and Jekyll will be interacting quite a bit. The Creature will stay mostly isolated but have a scene with Vanessa. I would guess that they will be separated until the last three episodes, with Ethan coming back to Vanessa in episode 7. 

However, I think Kaetnaey will do some Native American spiritual magic stuff to contact Vanessa from America as they track down Ethan. So they may have scenes together before then. 

This is not based on anything from the premiere though

Archived