Penny Dreadful Season 3; You Can Either Watch it or Pay to Have Your Teeth Fixed [spoilers]

HexMachina

Premiere date 1 May. And, for your pleasure, here is a sneak peak.

I know I'm a huge fan and all, so I'm incredibly biased, but I thought that looked brilliant.

Lots going on, but I especially liked that the Vampires look more like those in the very first episode, rather than the weird wailing women we got later in Season 1. 

Dorian and Lily, what can I say...

Ethan gearing up to face his father by the sounds of it.

Now to go consume it about 100 more times ;) :P 

I'm a huge fan as well, along with Marco Polo, Penny Dred was easily my favorite thing I've watched in the last couple of years. 

I think Patti Lupone should have won an Emmy for her portrayal of Joan Clayton in "The Nightcomers", she was beyond fantastic.  I was very happy to hear she joins the cast again in season 3. 

April/May are going to be very busy months for my TVs.

The trailer looks great, I've become a huge fan of Eva since she's done this series, a big believer in her talent.  I only pray this series gets another few seasons, as it doesn't get the recognition or promotion it should, at least the first 2 seasons.  Streaming in the European market only on Netflix, not a lot of advertisement, etc - this COULD be a show with 5x the viewership (I'm going from the listed viewer numbers from the first 2 seasons) IMO, and it should be, it certainly deserves it.  Every, single, person, I've told about this show hasn't heard of it, and once they watch it, it's all they talk about for a couple weeks.  Such a powerful cast telling powerful stories, and with the new additions for season 3 it's only getting stronger.  I will miss McCrory though, she had such an incredible season 2.

Can't wait, I'm looking forward to this more than any other TV/Film product, including season 2 of Marco and Season 6 of Thrones. 

I'm surprised they haven't announced the premiere date yet.

Wow ask and you shall receive! Thanks for the info. Looking forward to this season a lot.

Edit: There's a new sneak peek for Season 3 on ther FB page too!

I posted this at the top of this page :P 

SerHaHa, Patti LuPone was nominated for a Critics Choice award  For Guest Actress in the Nightcomers. Helen McCrory is up for Supporting Actress, Eva Green for Lead Actress, and the series as a whole for Best Drama.

http://www.criticschoice.com/television-awards/ 

I know last year when it was airing we were all watching the viewing figures and waiting to see if it would get renewed. Not going to lie, it didn't look especially hopeful for a while.

In some other news I've picked up on Twitter, seems they are filming in Spain this year too. If I had to guess, this will be for Ethan going back to his father.

Based off the sneak peak, I wonder

Where the Creature ends up. His ship was sailing through the Artic or something at the end of Season 2, yet he's back with civilisation in the trailer

im so ready for banshee and penny dreadful my two faves 

I've not watched Banshee. Might try it, though I'm struggling to get into any to series right now.

What did you think of the sneak peak? 

Eta:

It's looking awfully like my Ethan-Vanessa shipper heart will be broken his season :crying: 

I posted this at the top of this page :P 

SerHaHa, Patti LuPone was nominated for a Critics Choice award  For Guest Actress in the Nightcomers. Helen McCrory is up for Supporting Actress, Eva Green for Lead Actress, and the series as a whole for Best Drama.

http://www.criticschoice.com/television-awards/ 

I know last year when it was airing we were all watching the viewing figures and waiting to see if it would get renewed. Not going to lie, it didn't look especially hopeful for a while.

In some other news I've picked up on Twitter, seems they are filming in Spain this year too. If I had to guess, this will be for Ethan going back to his father.

Based off the sneak peak, I wonder

Hidden Content

Damn I completely missed that, sorry :blush:  I hope this isn't the final season.

im just super excited it's coming back but i AGREE WITH SPOILERS :( 

and banshee is absolutely stellar TV. 10/10 to be honest. 

thanks for the rec, I'll give it a try some time.

And we'll always have the almost kiss of Season 2. Drift away...

Speaking of, I was hoping that the Season 2 soundtrack would have been released by now. I just loved it

I'm really looking forward to the Ethan/Hartnett story, I figured they would shoot someplace closer to the primary location than actually IN America.

Another reason is I'm a fan of Wes Studi, who is playing some kind of Native American role in season 3 associated with Ethan and Wolves.  My former boss worked with Wes on the film "Heat", and had nothing but good things to say about him, saying he was kind, funny, yet very professional.  Any work Studi has done has usually been associated with a very powerful performance, be it Last of the Mohicans (one of my favorite films), Dance with Wolves, or recently Avatar as a cgi character. 

Thanks for the intel regarding the Critics Choice awards, I had no idea PD was up for so many well deserved awards. 

I mentioned in the last thread that Simon Russel Beale (Ferdinand Lyle) had theatre work that might have impacted his opportunities for filming. Well,bound this interview from July where he confirms as much. Sounds as though he will be in, just with much reduced screen time.

edit; thank goodness he is still in. Penny dreadful without Lyle's campiness? Please no!

Anyone Frightened?

(Season 3 'Frightened' teaser)

Looks great so far and seems to be keeping up the dark, gothic style. Music in that teaser suits itbso well. Anyone know if that is specifically composed foe the show? And if not what is it called? 

Also

Was that ethan an vanessa reuniting at Sir Malcom's? Oh my shipper heart be still

They didnt win any awards last night btw. Didnt really expect they would but a shame all the same

Archived