Penny Dreadful Season 3; You Can Either Watch it or Pay to Have Your Teeth Fixed [spoilers]

HexMachina

That poster is pretty awesome though. I contemplated not even watching the new trailer because I'm obviously sold already and it's still over 2 months away...but I'm weak. Best trailer yet. I cannot wait to see what madness Lily and Dorian get into. 

2 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

That poster is pretty awesome though. I contemplated not even watching the new trailer because I'm obviously sold already and it's still over 2 months away...but I'm weak. Best trailer yet. I cannot wait to see what madness Lily and Dorian get into. 

I agree about the poster (as you can probably tell :P). And about Lily and Dorian. Very interested in Clare/Caliban/Whoever he is this season. No idea what he will get up to.

I edited in a few more points to my last comment now that I watched it properly. Once again, a great choice of music for the trailer. Here it is in full. Very fitting in a lot of ways too. "You don't own me" applies to various characters; Vanessa and her struggle with Lucifer/Dracula; Ethan and his Wolf persona; Lily/Frankenstein/Dorian; Frankenstein and his drug addiction. I like it!

Astromech, fully agree on Lily. She is completely her own woman and will not let a man tell her what to do ever again. That was Brona, and she died. I do kind of really really hope she meets Ethan again though...

ETA; The "broken creatures" line, I think might be Samuel Barnett, who plays Seaward's assistant. Here is an interview with him and IMO the voices are close matches

7 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

I'm really psyched for this as well.... the trailer looked bad-ass... this Show might have the best acting of any show on TV...

On a side note.... Mr Proteus showed up on Beowulf (Esquire Network) ....it took me a couple of minutes before I realized it was him...

Where was he?

8 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

I'm really psyched for this as well.... the trailer looked bad-ass... this Show might have the best acting of any show on TV...

On a side note.... Mr Proteus showed up on Beowulf (Esquire Network) ....it took me a couple of minutes before I realized it was him...

Took me far too long to realise that he (Rory Kinnear) was in the Bond films too

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Where was he?

The TV show Beowulf on the Esquire network...  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4520906/?ref_=nv_sr_1 .. it's not great... but you know me, I'm a TV junkie....lol

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Took me far too long to realise that he (Rory Kinnear) was in the Bond films too

Ha! .... I  missed that totally....lol

45 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

The TV show Beowulf on the Esquire network...  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4520906/?ref_=nv_sr_1 .. it's not great... but you know me, I'm a TV junkie....lol

I'm watching Beowulf too, but I don't remember seeing him. I'm a TV junkie as well lol, I think we watch most of the same shows.

7 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

I only noticed after I saw Spectre in the cinema and caught his name in the opening credits. I still had to google search after the film to work out who he was.

3 hours ago, Knight of Ashes said:

Yeah, I myself could never get enough of that flesh-melting frown.

She's glorious :) 

8 hours ago, -Ghost- said:

Love that poster.

I seriously can't wait for this season. I'm beyond excited for more Eva Green.

One of the great things about the show is how the rest of the cast have come into their own, so much so that I'm almost looking forward to seeing them as much as Eva Green (...almost. But let's not go silly now :) ). There is some truly wonderful acting going on in this show. 

Who wants to place bets on where Hecate shows up? Dorian and Lily's storyline seems possible. Maybe she follows after Ethan. I'm not so convinced she will go after Vanessa though - she always seemed more concerned about Ethan and Lupus Dei than Vanessa

Three Cheers for Mr. Lyle!!  LOL.

I'm rewatching season 2, and I have to say, I like Billie Piper less than I did initially, she's kind of an off note.  And can anyone tell me why did Victor cut her hair, did anyone in this period have short hair like that?

Also, why did the Putney's daughter turn on him?  She seemed to be honestly sensitive and kind...and then, boom.  Was it when she touches him and he's cold?  It seemed on rewatching a little bit of an unexplained change.

7 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Who wants to place bets on where Hecate shows up? Dorian and Lily's storyline seems possible. Maybe she follows after Ethan. I'm not so convinced she will go after Vanessa though - she always seemed more concerned about Ethan and Lupus Dei than Vanessa

I read an article that was spoilery. I know but am not telling. I don't feel like ruining it for anyone else.

1 hour ago, Astromech said:

I read an article that was spoilery. I know but am not telling. I don't feel like ruining it for anyone else.

Could you point me in the direction of said article? :P Pretty please with blood rain on top?

1 hour ago, Astromech said:

Thanks, I personally didn't find that too spoilery (but I'll tag for courtesy)

As I said before, Hecate last season was much more interested in Ethan and "Lupus Dei" than anything to do with acquiring a bride for Lucifer. She sees Ethan as a power in his own right, so it makes sense that she would follow him rather than stick around Vanessa. The only reason I wasn't certain of this was because I could also see ways she could end up in Dorian and Lily's story, but that was always less likely. 

Actually, thinking on it a bit, they created a plausible reason for her to know where he is during Season 2 - he more or less told her, when he mistakenly believed she was an agent hunting him for his father rather than a witch.

All the same, thanks for the link!

Ugh, so much win in that link Helena, my head was about to spin off with glee - SO many great premiers in the coming months, House of Cards next wee, Penny Dred, and Marco Polo season 2, of which the teaser episode "100 Eyes" was a fantastic taster for more to come.

GoT - What I'm looking forward to is that it's going to get into territory NOBODY has read yet - for better or worse.  Yes, D/D may alter things (blah blah blah), but not having a clue what's coming in many ways, probably for 1/2 the episodes and total content, will be kind of interesting.  In that way I'm glad Martin never finished book 6 - yes I still hope he finishes it soon.

8 hours ago, SerHaHa said:

Ugh, so much win in that link Helena, my head was about to spin off with glee - SO many great premiers in the coming months, House of Cards next wee, Penny Dred, and Marco Polo season 2, of which the teaser episode "100 Eyes" was a fantastic taster for more to come.

GoT - What I'm looking forward to is that it's going to get into territory NOBODY has read yet - for better or worse.  Yes, D/D may alter things (blah blah blah), but not having a clue what's coming in many ways, probably for 1/2 the episodes and total content, will be kind of interesting.  In that way I'm glad Martin never finished book 6 - yes I still hope he finishes it soon.

Marco Polo doesn't have a premiere date yet? It's slated for Summer.  Banshee and Orphan Black both come back in April along with GoT, and a week after GoT is the Penny premiere .

21 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Thanks, I personally didn't find that too spoilery (but I'll tag for courtesy)

Hidden Content

Yeah, not too bad. Some boarders prefer to go into the seasons completely blind, so spoiler tags are simply courteous.

Spoiler

From that article it sounds like at least Ethan's time in New Mexico will be seen through flashbacks. I'm wondering if that will be the case and, if so, whether the other characters' separate arcs away from London will be flashbacks as well. It makes the most sense to me since the overarching story still deals with Dracula this season and we see most of the characters in London in the trailers.

Archived