Penny Dreadful Season 3; You Can Either Watch it or Pay to Have Your Teeth Fixed [spoilers]

HexMachina

2 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Ooh, Treadway! Where is BearQueen? :P 

Also

Lily/Dorian/Justine S&M session. Because why not?

:lol:

And was that Jekyll that Frankenstin opened the door to?

On another note, i had heard Sarah Greene was back as Hecate but cant find the source for that anymore, and i didnt see her in any trailers yet. Anyone got any links on that front?

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Ooh, Treadway! Where is BearQueen? :P 

Also

Hidden Content

On another note, i had heard Sarah Greene was back as Hecate but cant find the source for that anymore, and i didnt see her in any trailers yet. Anyone got any links on that front?

According to her tumbler page, she is in season 3. http://sarahgreene-daily.tumblr.com/page/7

• 4 weeks later...
On 20 January 2016 at 8:59 PM, SheRa Seastar said:

Helena

It's called Sarabande, not sure who it's by. It's one of the few pieces I can play on the piano.

Thanks for that :) I saw it earlier but you can have my thanks now while I'm making another post 

Cover reveal for the comics. Interesting, I was surprised to see

Sembene and Mina on some of the covers. Do these then take place before the series starts?

Some of the over art is ok, but I'm not sold on it all

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Thanks for that :) I saw it earlier but you can have my thanks now while I'm making another post 

Cover reveal for the comics. Interesting, I was surprised to see

Hidden Content

Some of the over art is ok, but I'm not sold on it all

Huh. Titan Comics; never heard of them.

Excellent! That is the Fort Bravo set where some spaghetti westerns were filmed. I'm eagerly anticipating Ethan's arc this season. More than the other characters'.

ETA: All three season 3 teasers in one. The third may be slightly spoilery as far as . . .  

Spoiler

Ethan and Vanessa reunion. I suppose he won't be in New Mexico the entire season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVC1XkMN4vc

3 hours ago, Astromech said:

Excellent! That is the Fort Bravo set where some spaghetti westerns were filmed. I'm eagerly anticipating Ethan's arc this season. More than the other characters'.

ETA: All three season 3 teasers in one. The third may be slightly spoilery as far as . . .  

Hide contents

Ethan and Vanessa reunion. I suppose he won't be in New Mexico the entire season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVC1XkMN4vc

Spoiler

Or the reunion is a dream...although I definitely think he will be back at some stage. I seem to remember reading somewhere that Ethan doesn't meet his father until late this season though (not sure where I heard that now). 

I'm intrigued about the Creature in the trailers. Clearly he doesn't stay in an icebound exile as he originally planned; he is definitely with someone again. I wonder if he is back in England or somewhere else? Hoping he finally gets the not be the victim of the dregs of humanity this time - though to be fair, each season he has known both kindness (The theatre owner; Vanessa) and hatred (the actor, the Putneys) so it does balance, really. 

The campires certainly look better than they did in most of season 1 too, more like the ones we got in episode one, which is all to the good

ETA: 

Behind the scenes with Harry Treadway not much there, but looks like a brief glimpse of Dr. Jekyll

I'm as excited for this as anyone else but I really don't think we need to spam this thread with pointless images of filming. Like, I don't really need to see a picture of a camera, if I wanted to do that I'd sign up to Twitter or something

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I'm as excited for this as anyone else but I really don't think we need to spam this thread with pointless images of filming. Like, I don't really need to see a picture of a camera, if I wanted to do that I'd sign up to Twitter or something

I'd hardly consider 2 posts  five days apart spam, especially considering the poster above liked it. That's a cowboy on a horse btw in front of the camera.

22 minutes ago, peterbound said:

Alright, so how is Lilly immortal, if Prometheus was so easy to kill in season one?  I don't get that.  

Has she been ripped in half yet?  That's a true test of being immortal.

10 hours ago, peterbound said:

Alright, so how is Lilly immortal, if Prometheus was so easy to kill in season one?  I don't get that.  

I don't think it's that he was easy to kill, it's that the destruction of his body was so much more complete. Lily was shot, in a way that would likely kill most normal people. But, as I say it, her unDead state means that she doesn't truly need her internal organs as we do, and so damage to them by the bullet doesn't stop her. I think she would be stopped by, for example, being torn apart, burned, etc. Basically, destruction of her body.

Eta: thinking about it some more, the reminders from the likes of lavinia and Dorian that John Clare and Lily have cold hands might support this idea if the reason for that is that their blood doesnt circulate as ours does.

As for Dorian, i wonder if they opt for the samenroute as Wilde,with the destruction of the portrait putting all of Dorian's sins and corruption back on his body. Penny Dreadful's Dorian is obviously more ruthless than his literary counterpart though, and i cant see him repenting and destroying the portrait himself

On 22/02/2016 at 11:56 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

I don't think it's that he was easy to kill, it's that the destruction of his body was so much more complete. Lily was shot, in a way that would likely kill most normal people. But, as I say it, her unDead state means that she doesn't truly need her internal organs as we do, and so damage to them by the bullet doesn't stop her. I think she would be stopped by, for example, being torn apart, burned, etc. Basically, destruction of her body.

Eta: thinking about it some more, the reminders from the likes of lavinia and Dorian that John Clare and Lily have cold hands might support this idea if the reason for that is that their blood doesnt circulate as ours does.

As for Dorian, i wonder if they opt for the samenroute as Wilde,with the destruction of the portrait putting all of Dorian's sins and corruption back on his body. Penny Dreadful's Dorian is obviously more ruthless than his literary counterpart though, and i cant see him repenting and destroying the portrait himself

Think you're dead on the money. I'm pretty sure she'd die if torn apart. 

The hype is real after that trailer, looks incredible. May cant come soon enough. 

(As thought i needed any convincing!)

The Dorian and Lily stuff looks interesting (seems a focus on s & m though?) and I'm really curious as to where John Clare is going this season. Havent been able to watch on a full screen yet so will comment more when i can make out specific details better. 

Anyone who is (like me) interested, the song is a cover of Lesley Gore's 'You Don't Own Me' by Masquer.

Struggling to make out a lot of details and work out whose voice is whose still, but one thing I did pick out

John Clare looked like he finally gets his "mate" - or at least, has sex. 

Who was saying the line about looking after all of the broken creatures? Was that a new character? (I thought perhaps it was Jekyll, or one of the psychiatric ward characters)

So this is just what I think from piecing together the bits of this trailer and the others:

Vanessa is admitted early in the season to the psychiatric hospital. I would guess the season opens with her seeing Dr. Seaward but still living at Sir Malcom's, but for various reasons (Vampire stalking, for example) her mental health deteriorates and she ends up being admitted to the hospital. I would speculate that during this time, Malcom is still in Africa and Frankenstein is too ill from his own troubles to see her, leading to her feeling of isolation. Malcom returns and discovers that Vanessa has been admitted to the hospital. He visits her, sees the state she is in, and begins trying to find Ethan to help her. They return to England later in the Season and do battle with the vampires that have been stalking her (presumably their base is Chinatown for some reason).

She also seemingly visits a zoo at some point but who knows what's going on there :P (the pictures of that set look great btw)

Lily and Dorian gather people to them who take great pleasure in all kinds of stuff, especially infliction of pain etc. Not sure what exactly the plan will be with this, but it looks good in the trailer!

Frankenstein meets Jekyll. Or rather, Jekyll comes to Frankenstein for some reason. Not sure why, I think perhaps one of the other characters sends him after seeing what has happened due to his addiction. Probably Sir Malcom, with the whole Father figure thing he has going, but possibly Lyle (though I know he won't appear as much this season due to other commitments the actor had). 

Ethan - Gets to America, we get more of his backstory and some more of the werewolf/lupus dei mythology. Kart nay will probably make him realise he is supposed to be Vanessa's protector. I imagine he will also be involved helping Malcom reach Ethan. Before they return to England Ethan will confront his father. I imagine he'll probably kill him.

John Clare - absolutely no idea at all. It's hard to piece together what order the clips go in. It looks like he ends up with some pretty well off people, but the where, how and why I don't know. Guessing it probably ends badly for him, again, based on some of the trailer footage

Excellent trailer. Looks like Sir Malcolm will go to New Mexico. That seems a bit spoilery. I still wish they would've spent a bit more on the cgi effects for Ethan's werewolf.

Much like Frankenstein being unable control his creation, it looks like Dorian's(Lily) will run rampant this season. It has a bit of a Hellfire Club vibe to it. That looks to be one entertaining arc this season.

I have no idea where Clare is going., but I'm sure it will be melodramatic.

Vanessa will be amazing as always. Wondering if beard guy at the end is Dracula.

I was really hoping for a glimpse of Sembene for proof of life. Damn it. I'm wondering if that gray-haired man in that scene is Malcolm's new right-hand man.

And no Lyle, but somebody mentioned he would have a smaller role this season. Another damn it.

ETA: Nevermind, the gray-haired man is Wes Studi's character.

Archived