Heroes Reborn: REBORN!!!

mcbigski

I wish I knew how to put an umlaut somewhere in the title...

I think all in all this episode was actually very good.  I was expecting that titular standoff (sundae bloody sundae) would end in hug out, but Nathan just getting out of there with his special lady friend made so much sense once it happened. 

The Micah kidnapping and his organization (Hero Truther) is the object of the Dark Matters webseries. So, yes, the Haitian is really looking for him.

I think Miko got sent in the future in a previous episode, but I'm not sure.

Harris is the penny guy? If so, he was there the first time Joanne and "Chuck" met Tommy in the anonymous evos thing. If i'm not misremembering.

It's not too far-fetched that Primatech kidnapped Tommy when he was child, not knowing who he is. I don't think it's due for an explanation. They tagged him and released him and that's it.

No, he's working for Hero Truther/Micah. Or at least they were, before they got stormed and Micah got kidnapped. Now, they want to free him.

I need to rewatch the part with Miko, sorry.

Why far fetched? Primatech tagged every evo back in the time.

I can't fathom why Parkman had to have his face or if the shot initially. I assumed he'd been disfigured or something after he failed a year earlier.  Whatever. Where he is was, the entire set up with the El vengador,  it makes no sense unless that where Micah is. And that's a very out of left field plot point if one hasn't bothered with the Web series.

How is the Haitian alive?

^Because butterflies. That's the explanation for everything at this point.

The biggest problem I have right now is that Erica has apparently fooled everyone into helping her. Even when they do really questionable things they all think it's for THE GREATER GOOD...Until she "betrays" them, like Miko's father/creator.

But at this point it's so bad that it's good.

And butterflies. How I love butterflies...

About the Haitian:

The Haitian is alive because Future Noah told Past Noah not to go to him to erase his memories, but to use Penny Guy instead.
 Therefore, Past Noah never told the Haitian to kill him if he tries to get back his memories. They don't fight, the Haitian doesn't die.

Pliskin is clearly paying more attention than the rest of us. I feel I should re-watch the whole thing, pay more attention before dismissing everything as nonsense. I wonder if that's possible, though. At this point I think by virtue of the show belonging to the Heroes franchise, I expect it to be nonsensical.

The Haitian: where was he on June 13?

Tommy: Wouldn't Hiro try his hardest to prevent Tommy from being kidnapped by The Company (because to him, this would be a huge butterfly)?

Where and how did they kidnap Tommy? I would think that Hiro would've had him home-schooled, that would really limit the opportunities to kidnap him. Also, since Hiro had been training him his whole life, why didn't he just teleport?

The Haitian could've been preventing his powers? But The Haitian only ever roles with Noah so wouldn't Hiro tried to have talked to them? And even if Hiro wasn't around, wouldn't Noah get all sorts of confused because this kid is calling him grandfather?

The Company doesn't just tag and release; what they first do is study the evo and then decide what to do:

A) Harmless; tag and release.

B) Useful; let's recruit the evo.

C) Dangerous; lock him/her up (or if their extremely dangerous, kill him/her).

There's no way The Company would've let Tommy go, or if they did he would've been heavily monitored.

And the hell was Hiro doing in the meantime, because the show makes it look like he did nothing?

The Haitian: where was he on June 13?

Tommy: Wouldn't Hiro try his hardest to prevent Tommy from being kidnapped by The Company (because to him, this would be a huge butterfly)?

Where and how did they kidnap Tommy? I would think that Hiro would've had him home-schooled, that would really limit the opportunities to kidnap him. Also, since Hiro had been training him his whole life, why didn't he just teleport?

The Haitian could've been preventing his powers? But The Haitian only ever roles with Noah so wouldn't Hiro tried to have talked to them? And even if Hiro wasn't around, wouldn't Noah get all sorts of confused because this kid is calling him grandfather?

The Company doesn't just tag and release; what they first do is study the evo and then decide what to do:

A) Harmless; tag and release.

B) Useful; let's recruit the evo.

C) Dangerous; lock him/her up (or if their extremely dangerous, kill him/her).

There's no way The Company would've let Tommy go, or if they did he would've been heavily monitored.

And the hell was Hiro doing in the meantime, because the show makes it look like he did nothing?

Also, the twins would have been raised in a time-period that coincides with the events of seasons 1 to 4 (or 5, can't remember when it got cancelled). It doesn't sit well with me  that they were just roaming around at the same time as all the original characters and that one set of people didn't do something that impacted the events affecting the other set. Really bothers me. I think the only way this stood a chance is if they only referenced's Claire's outing...and then simply moved on without involving the characters from the original series.

The moment all the old characters started showing up and name dropping those who hadn't returned I was cringing so hard. And the time travel, it doesn't make any sense!

Butterflies. Butterflies fix everything.

EDIT: they should have brought back Firefly instead.

Archived